Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
But I was also thinking of other scenes where besides the supercial writing, I have nothing to hold on to understand them. For instance: Erica's lack of reaction to the news that Ryan and Valerie are expecting a baby. I thought that would lead her, and the rest of the group, to discussions and fights about what that could mean for the human race. At worst, I was expecting her to freak out or look stunned, want to investigate... Instead, she took the news the same way she would've taken an old friend telling her she got knocked up and doesn't know how to tell her boyfriend. I understand that Ryan is one of the good guys and they focus on their companionship, but Erica can't forget that he's V and he's telling her there could be hibrids.
Well, she did ask how a hybrid pregnancy was even possible but I do agree that the follow up was extremely lacking. Maybe we're going to get more info on that front in season 2. I think they didn't want to delve into it too much before the child was born.

Quote:
I'm also hoping we'll see Joe again, and get a good closure at the whole Tyler drama that still haunts them.
I would love for the writers to resolve the Erica/Joe storyline next season as well but I am not so sure that they will be able to resist the temptation to introduce Joe into the Resistance and have him and Erica fight side by side against the V's while there are still unresolved feelings between them.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Elite Fan

Credit

Old 07-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the art!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Well, she did ask how a hybrid pregnancy was even possible but I do agree that the follow up was extremely lacking. Maybe we're going to get more info on that front in season 2. I think they didn't want to delve into it too much before the child was born.
But even her question was posed with a tone I would use for something that's not a big deal, and considering they made Valerie a series regular only because of the pregnancy storyline... well, Erica and the group sure didn't give much importance to its meaning for the mythology. Maybe keeping it a secret from them would've been more effective.
Quote:
I would love for the writers to resolve the Erica/Joe storyline next season as well but I am not so sure that they will be able to resist the temptation to introduce Joe into the Resistance and have him and Erica fight side by side against the V's while there are still unresolved feelings between them.
The way they introduced Joe's character didn't make me think about his possible addition to the team, at all. But I could be wrong. Didn't the casting call say something about the impact the Vs were supposed to have had on his life?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Verly lovely fanart. Erica is so pretty.

Quote:
Thanks for the art!

But even her question was posed with a tone I would use for something that's not a big deal, and considering they made Valerie a series regular only because of the pregnancy storyline... well, Erica and the group sure didn't give much importance to its meaning for the mythology. Maybe keeping it a secret from them would've been more effective.
I agree that this wasn't handled well at all. All we can do is hope that this will become a bigger topic of discussion among the Resistance in season 2 and it doesn't get completely swepped under the rug after Ryan returns from the motherhship and tells them that Val and the baby died during the birth.

Quote:
The way they introduced Joe's character didn't make me think about his possible addition to the team, at all. But I could be wrong. Didn't the casting call say something about the impact the Vs were supposed to have had on his life?
Yes. They also said that he had a drinking problem but so far we have seen neither. Anyways, I think we might get to see Erica do some investigating regarding the V's interest in Tyler and his weird blood test results next season. No matter what she finds out, I don't think she would keep it from Joe and if it were to turn out that he's really Tyler's dad and the V's want to do some very horrible things to his son then I doubt that he wouldn't care. It would be the perfect way to bring him in to the Resistance movement.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I agree that this wasn't handled well at all. All we can do is hope that this will become a bigger topic of discussion among the Resistance in season 2 and it doesn't get completely swepped under the rug after Ryan returns from the motherhship and tells them that Val and the baby died during the birth.
We know too little to make predictions, I can't even imagine how Ryan could leave the mothership and go back to the resistance if it meant leaving his kid behind, at the some time it's even more unlikely to think of him bringing the kid back to the ground with him and have him/her around.
I'm very curious about whener the baby will have a fast growth, much like the accelerated pregnancy. That would help, if they don't plan to kill the little thing.
Quote:
Yes. They also said that he had a drinking problem but so far we have seen neither. Anyways, I think we might get to see Erica do some investigating regarding the V's interest in Tyler and his weird blood test results next season. No matter what she finds out, I don't think she would keep it from Joe and if it were to turn out that he's really Tyler's dad and the V's want to do some very horrible things to his son then I doubt that he wouldn't care. It would be the perfect way to bring him in to the Resistance movement.
I wonder why she never did some investigation before. I know this way it works better for the show present time plotlines, but they should give us a reason why Erica left such a huge issue hang on their heads if she knows Tyler can't be anyone by Joe's. It would help us understand their past family dinamics.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We know too little to make predictions, I can't even imagine how Ryan could leave the mothership and go back to the resistance if it meant leaving his kid behind, at the some time it's even more unlikely to think of him bringing the kid back to the ground with him and have him/her around.
We sadly don't know much about Visitor culture at this point but it's possible that Visitors don't have the same parent-child bonds that we humans have. And considering that Anna took Ryan's humanity and is back to brainwashing him with her bliss I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to leave his child behind on the mothership, but the sense of guilt would start to prey on his mind when he slowly starts to regain his humanity again.

Quote:
I'm very curious about whener the baby will have a fast growth, much like the accelerated pregnancy. That would help, if they don't plan to kill the little thing.
I'm sure it will. The same thing happened with the hybrid child in the original.

Quote:
I wonder why she never did some investigation before. I know this way it works better for the show present time plotlines, but they should give us a reason why Erica left such a huge issue hang on their heads if she knows Tyler can't be anyone by Joe's. It would help us understand their past family dinamics.
It could be that she did some investigating before but hit dead end after dead end.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
We sadly don't know much about Visitor culture at this point but it's possible that Visitors don't have the same parent-child bonds that we humans have. And considering that Anna took Ryan's humanity and is back to brainwashing him with her bliss I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to leave his child behind on the mothership, but the sense of guilt would start to prey on his mind when he slowly starts to regain his humanity again.
That's a very possible scenario. It's left to be seen if Ryan goes back to the ground with some kind of spying mission to execute, or for some other reasons.

Speaking of V culture. I was re-reading an interview with Laura V. in another thread the other day, and she was talking about the visitors having only one queen for each generation. So, assuming Joshua had told Anna about the failed symphaty test, does that mean she would've been forced to spare her life?
Not that it matters anymore because the finale showed that Anna's new approach is trying to "de-humanize" back the rebels.
Quote:
I'm sure it will. The same thing happened with the hybrid child in the original.
What kind of age did the baby reach there? Kid/teenager, or adult?
Quote:
It could be that she did some investigating before but hit dead end after dead end.
It could be. They stayed very vague on the show so they can go in whatever direction they want, there wasn't even a mention of DNA test.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's a very possible scenario. It's left to be seen if Ryan goes back to the ground with some kind of spying mission to execute, or for some other reasons.
I can't see it being anything else. As a known Fifth Column V he's Anna's best shot at getting some up-to-date resistance intel but how Anna can possibly think that Ryan couldn't potentially turn traitor on her for a second time will probably forever remain a mystery.

Quote:
Speaking of V culture. I was re-reading an interview with Laura V. in another thread the other day, and she was talking about the visitors having only one queen for each generation. So, assuming Joshua had told Anna about the failed symphaty test, does that mean she would've been forced to spare her life?
Not that it matters anymore because the finale showed that Anna's new approach is trying to "de-humanize" back the rebels.
I think so unless Ryan's hybrid child is a girl, looks 100% alien and possesses the ability to breed. If that's the case then it might be possible for Anna to make the hybrid the new queen of the V's.

Quote:
What kind of age did the baby reach there? Kid/teenager, or adult?
I think she was 18 years old by the time the show was cancelled.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I can't see it being anything else. As a known Fifth Column V he's Anna's best shot at getting some up-to-date resistance intel but how Anna can possibly think that Ryan couldn't potentially turn traitor on her for a second time will probably forever remain a mystery.
Especially now that she has experienced her first human emotion. You don't get a better proof than that on how pretty much anyone can slip, if you hit their weakest points.
But it's also true that if Anna can't manage to control Ryan with the bliss, she still has the baby to blackmail him.
Quote:
I think so unless Ryan's hybrid child is a girl, looks 100% alien and possesses the ability to breed. If that's the case then it might be possible for Anna to make the hybrid the new queen of the V's.
So you still think the reason why Anna wanted/wants Tyler is to create a new generation, started by him and Lisa?
Quote:
I think she was 18 years old by the time the show was cancelled.
...And with that, I just got a scary imagine of a Lisa/Tyler/Hybrid triangle. Just kidding.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 07-19-2010 at 10:38 AM
Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Especially now that she has experienced her first human emotion. You don't get a better proof than that on how pretty much anyone can slip, if you hit their weakest points.
But it's also true that if Anna can't manage to control Ryan with the bliss, she still has the baby to blackmail him.
That she can unless the hybrid becomes so important to the Visitors' survival that Anna can't afford to hurt it in any way.

Quote:
So you still think the reason why Anna wanted/wants Tyler is to create a new generation, started by him and Lisa?
I didn't say anything of a Tyler/Lisa hybrid. A theory of mine is that Visitor women are generally infertile and the only Visitor women who can conceive and give birth to children are the ones that belong to the royal family (Anna, Lisa). But I do think that Ryan's hybrid child will have that ability too and if that's the case it could potentially become a successor to Anna's throne.

I have absolutely no clue about the Visitors' interest in Tyler. All I'm sure of is that it must have something to do with his weird blood test results. Maybe he has a very rare blood abnormaly and they can use it for something but I don't know what it could be.

Quote:
...And with that, I just got a scary imagine of a Lisa/Tyler/Hybrid triangle. Just kidding.
There was actually a love triangle between the hybrid child, her mother and some dude in the original series. The dude chose the hybrid as partner. It was a horrible storyline.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That she can unless the hybrid becomes so important to the Visitors' survival that Anna can't afford to hurt it in any way.
She can still hide that piece of information from Ryan and pretend his baby is of no interest to her and only his loyalty can keep it safe.
Quote:
I didn't say anything of a Tyler/Lisa hybrid. A theory of mine is that Visitor women are generally infertile and the only Visitor women who can conceive and give birth to children are the ones that belong to the royal family (Anna, Lisa). But I do think that Ryan's hybrid child will have that ability too and if that's the case it could potentially become a successor to Anna's throne.
That's a good theory, yet I have some issue accepting that Anna would put on the throne a new queen who isn't his same blood. But I have nothing to back up this thought. Considering the little consideration she has for her own daughter, it's likely she would support whoever candidate she consider the best.
Quote:
I have absolutely no clue about the Visitors' interest in Tyler. All I'm sure of is that it must have something to do with his weird blood test results. Maybe he has a very rare blood abnormaly and they can use it for something but I don't know what it could be.
I'm just as clueless as you are. What keeps throwing me off is that it was Lisa "choosing" him, and it didn't take any test or investigation for her to proclaim he is "the one". Anna chose her mate "sniffing" him, so I don't know if I should connect the two things, maybe it will only mislead me.
Quote:
There was actually a love triangle between the hybrid child, her mother and some dude in the original series. The dude chose the hybrid as partner. It was a horrible storyline.
It sure sounds horrible. Did they leave it at the guy wanting the hybrid above the mother or they went further than that?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She can still hide that piece of information from Ryan and pretend his baby is of no interest to her and only his loyalty can keep it safe.
That's true.

Quote:
I'm just as clueless as you are. What keeps throwing me off is that it was Lisa "choosing" him, and it didn't take any test or investigation for her to proclaim he is "the one". Anna chose her mate "sniffing" him, so I don't know if I should connect the two things, maybe it will only mislead me.
Now that you say this I remember that Laura revealed in an interview that she does this little thing where she kinda sticks her tongue out whenever Tyler enters the room because lizards smell with their tongues. It's so frustrating. On one hand the hybrid storyline is the only storyline that would make sense because it's so hard to buy Tyler as anything other but a potential baby-making machine but on the other hand we've already had a storyline like this and I don't see the point in doing it again unless they want to show us how a hybrid pregnancy develops when the genders are reversed.

Quote:
It sure sounds horrible. Did they leave it at the guy wanting the hybrid above the mother or they went further than that?
I think the hybrid and the guy hooked up and the mother left town and went into hiding because the aliens kept trying to knock her up.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Now that you say this I remember that Laura revealed in an interview that she does this little thing where she kinda sticks her tongue out whenever Tyler enters the room because lizards smell with their tongues. It's so frustrating. On one hand the hybrid storyline is the only storyline that would make sense because it's so hard to buy Tyler as anything other but a potential baby-making machine but on the other hand we've already had a storyline like this and I don't see the point in doing it again unless they want to show us how a hybrid pregnancy develops when the genders are reversed.
I reach your same impasse when I try to make new speculations or look at the storyline from a different perspective. Another thing that makes me believe it should be the hybrid storyline, is that it looked like they wanted to reveal the reason why Anna and Lisa wanted Tyler in the first season, but then they changed their minds and post-poned it to the second. Perhaps to wait until Valerie's baby was born so they would address two similar storylines but at different stages? Maybe Ryan's baby will make Anna reconsider her plans, like you suggested?
At this point I'm throwing wild guesses out there.

I mean, if Tyler is "special" because of whatever is different/was modified in his DNA/blood, could Lisa have caught it just like that, through her visitors senses?
Also, if Lisa simply picked Tyler "randomly", due to his submissive/easily impressionable personality, and then we find out he was special/different but she couldn't know about that and it was all a coincidence... it would make the development look very far-fetched.
Quote:
I think the hybrid and the guy hooked up and the mother left town and went into hiding because the aliens kept trying to knock her up.
Oh my.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I reach your same impasse when I try to make new speculations or look at the storyline from a different perspective. Another thing that makes me believe it should be the hybrid storyline, is that it looked like they wanted to reveal the reason why Anna and Lisa wanted Tyler in the first season, but then they changed their minds and post-poned it to the second. Perhaps to wait until Valerie's baby was born so they would address two similar storylines but at different stages? Maybe Ryan's baby will make Anna reconsider her plans, like you suggested?
At this point I'm throwing wild guesses out there.
I don't know. Anna obviously wasn't happy when she got the news about Ryan & Valerie's hybrid child. If she's anti-hybrid why would she want a Tyler/Lisa hybrid unless she has doctored on both kids to create some kind of super hybrid? And how would a potential super hybrid look like? I'm totally clueless. But just imagine if it turns out that Tyler is some kind of weapon that Anna can use to destroy humanity. I think we would all be completely stunned if that was gonna be the case.

Quote:
I mean, if Tyler is "special" because of whatever is different/was modified in his DNA/blood, could Lisa have caught it just like that, through her visitors senses?
Also, if Lisa simply picked Tyler "randomly", due to his submissive/easily impressionable personality, and then we find out he was special/different but she couldn't know about that and it was all a coincidence... it would make the development look very far-fetched.
I guess so.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 07-27-2010 at 05:06 PM
Old 07-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Interviews from Comic-Con

Quote:
As for Elizabeth Mitchell, she was enthusiastic about the prospect of Anna and Erica becoming pals. I asked her about Erica and Anna's potential, one-sided friendship.

Are we going to see awkward buddy-buddy moments between Anna and Erica?
I would like to see that! I think the closer they get, the more nail-biting it's going to be. I think if they actually really, really get into each other's confidence and they start having those talks, how freaky will that be?

So we're going to see dinner parties, no?
I want to sit and watch a movie with her with a bowl of popcorn. Crying to The Terms of Endearment, y'know!
The stars of V talk dangerous alliances and mama drama

Quote:
Regarding Anna vs. Erica, Mitchell admits that, “right now, Anna has the upper hand. She doesn’t have any compulsion about causing harm to anyone. But I do believe that the qualities we have as humans, our compassion, our ability to see things from very unique angles – might just be the things that make us stronger. I believe the closer they get, the more nail biting it’s going to be. If they truly get into each other’s confidences and they start really having those talks…how freaky will that be? I like that tension that builds that way; it just heightens things."

When Mitchell was asked whether or not she preferred Erica to become romantically involved with either Jack or Hobbes, she said that “both are fine. I’m an equal opportunity kisser. I enjoy the Father Jack character because he makes my character feel so safe. I also enjoy how dangerous Hobbes is. Danger is, unfortunately, very exciting…there is something wonderful about someone who is unpredictable. I don’t know who the best choice is, morally. I think it’s going to be fun to see what the two men bring out in her. I hope they don’t throw her in with someone, because I like the anticipation and build up.” Mitchell is actually a fan of sci-fi because “it always goes to a place of emotion and passion – the heart. I want to see that, for me."

Charles Mesure, who was just upgraded to series regular, offered his perspective about a possible romance between Erica and Hobbes. “From day one, how could Hobbes not fancy Erica? She’s a warrior, she’s self-reliant. She’s also the FBI, so she’s forbidden fruit.”
They Come in Peace…and with Minor Season 2 Spoilers: The Cast & Crew of V at Comic-Con 2010

I just watched the first 4 episodes. Still need to watch the other 8. But I heard about Hobbes, the mercenary. If they want to give a man to Erica, let's hope it is him. Good that he's a regular now.

Don't like Father Jack. Well, I don't mind the character, but I think he is too angelic/innocent for Erica. And he's a priest.

I also need to watch her ex-husband. Since she still feels something for him. At least that's what I felt after watching the first 4 episodes.