Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Credit
Old 07-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Passionate Fan

So beautiful!

5th row, the next to last pic *wow* what a look!

Thanks for posting

Old 07-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulan (View Post)
5th row, the next to last pic *wow* what a look!

Thanks for posting
Yes, she looks angry!!

You're welcome
Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I don't know. Anna obviously wasn't happy when she got the news about Ryan & Valerie's hybrid child. If she's anti-hybrid why would she want a Tyler/Lisa hybrid unless she has doctored on both kids to create some kind of super hybrid? And how would a potential super hybrid look like? I'm totally clueless. But just imagine if it turns out that Tyler is some kind of weapon that Anna can use to destroy humanity. I think we would all be completely stunned if that was gonna be the case.
Didn't Anna say something about it being too "early" for the hybrid? So maybe there was still some waiting to do until she could get the "right" hybrid conceived, using her daughter. I wish I could rewatch the episodes because I'm starting to lose memory of all the dialogues and details, and mixing things up. So if I just made that up, sorry!

Thanks for bringing over those interview bits, Cristiane.
I like the idea so see more tension play on screen between Anna and Erica, but I hope they won't go too far with the double meanings in their dialogues, because after a while it gets unrealistic if they keep the tone of how their encounter in the S1 finale went.

I hope they resolve the Joe/Erica relationship before having her romantically attached to another male on the show. I felt like Erica was mostly just uneasy and emotional around him because of how hard it was for her to go through the trauma to have him accuse her after the blood test bomb, and maybe she's blaming herself a little for the end of the marriage, but perhaps you guys are right and she's still in love with him, or has still strong feelings for him, at least. I don't know.

Thanks for the collage, Anna!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Didn't Anna say something about it being too "early" for the hybrid? So maybe there was still some waiting to do until she could get the "right" hybrid conceived, using her daughter. I wish I could rewatch the episodes because I'm starting to lose memory of all the dialogues and details, and mixing things up. So if I just made that up, sorry!
She said that her medical staff told her hybrids weren't possible yet. Then she ordered for Ryan and Valerie to be dissected so that they could find out how it happened and make sure that it never happens again. And if Anna was gunning for a Tyler/Lisa hybrid why would Lisa ask Anna what happens to Tyler after they have gotten what they want from him? Lisa, as future queen, would have to bite Tyler's head off after conceiving a child with him. It's in her nature. There should be no "and then what's" in such a case IMO. In general, I think it's impossible to figure this storyline out but whatever Anna and Lisa want with Tyler I kinda hope it's not going to be another hybrid. I hate to think that Valerie's one and only purpose on the show was to push out a hybrid child that was never meant to be more than a deliberate fake-out and won't even matter in the long run.

Quote:
I hope they resolve the Joe/Erica relationship before having her romantically attached to another male on the show. I felt like Erica was mostly just uneasy and emotional around him because of how hard it was for her to go through the trauma to have him accuse her after the blood test bomb, and maybe she's blaming herself a little for the end of the marriage, but perhaps you guys are right and she's still in love with him, or has still strong feelings for him, at least. I don't know.
I took Erica's awkwardness around Joe to mean that she still has feelings for him because we've never seen her that way around any of the guys before or after. I also seem to remember that Liz said in her ABC commentary for Pound Of Flesh that Erica still loves Joe. I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to get killed off, to be honest. Especially if he isn't Tyler's real dad.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-03-2010 at 11:00 AM
Old 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
She said that her medical staff told her hybrids weren't possible yet. Then she ordered for Ryan and Valerie to be dissected so that they could find out how it happened and make sure that it never happens again. And if Anna was gunning for a Tyler/Lisa hybrid why would Lisa ask Anna what happens to Tyler after they have gotten what they want from him? Lisa, as future queen, would have to bite Tyler's head off after conceiving a child with him. It's in her nature. There should be no "and then what's" in such a case IMO. In general, I think it's impossible to figure this storyline out but whatever Anna and Lisa want with Tyler I kinda hope it's not going to be another hybrid. I hate to think that Valerie's one and only purpose on the show was to push out a hybrid child that was never meant to be more than a deliberate fake-out and won't even matter in the long run.
Are we sure that Lisa knows exactly how the whole reproduction process works? And if eating her mate is absolutely necessary?
I'm not a big fan of a Tyler/Lisa hybrid storyline, but it gives a purpose to their romance and makes Tyler "important" without asking me to believe he is a super human or a possible secret source of... anything, when he hasn't displayed one single ability and/or special trait in 12 episodes.
And if Lisa and Tyler never arrive to the reproduction phase - and I actually can't see the writers make Lisa a mother, not until the very end of the series at least - the hybrid Ryan and Valerie created could still be very important to Anna's plans and the show's mythology.

I just want this plotline to be spoilered asap.
Quote:
I took Erica's awkwardness around Joe to mean that she still has feelings for him because we've never seen her that way around any of the guys before or after. I also seem to remember that Liz said in her ABC commentary for Pound Of Flesh that Erica still loves Joe. I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to get killed off, to be honest. Especially if he isn't Tyler's real dad.
That's true, but all the other guys are men she's known for a few months, I didn't find it too telling that she was acting differently around the father of her son and ex husband, especially if now she feels that things could be better if he had been there to help with Tyler.
I didn't know about the ABC commentary line though, that gives us a pretty clear answer to the matter.
Killing Joe off would be a pretty predictable twist, I hope they don't do it.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Are we sure that Lisa knows exactly how the whole reproduction process works? And if eating her mate is absolutely necessary?
We haven't seen anything that points one way or another but I find it kinda hard to believe that Lisa is clueless about her special abilities and what lays ahead in her future. I'm sure if she wanted to she could simply read it all up in "The Book of Vs".

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of a Tyler/Lisa hybrid storyline, but it gives a purpose to their romance and makes Tyler "important" without asking me to believe he is a super human or a possible secret source of... anything, when he hasn't displayed one single ability and/or special trait in 12 episodes.
I know this is going to sound very crazy but maybe there's a trigger in Tyler that makes sure his abilities don't go off until he's 18 years old.

Quote:
And if Lisa and Tyler never arrive to the reproduction phase - and I actually can't see the writers make Lisa a mother, not until the very end of the series at least - the hybrid Ryan and Valerie created could still be very important to Anna's plans and the show's mythology.
Yes, I can see how that could work.

Quote:
I just want this plotline to be spoilered asap.
Me too.

Quote:
Killing Joe off would be a pretty predictable twist, I hope they don't do it.
I agree that it would be very predictable but if he isn't Tyler's real father and there are no plans to pursue anything on the Erica/Joe front anymore then the character will sadly become deadweight. And it's much much more dramatic to kill him off and possibly explore how his death effects Erica and Tyler than to simply never show or mention him again a la Haylie or Brandon.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
We haven't seen anything that points one way or another but I find it kinda hard to believe that Lisa is clueless about her special abilities and what lays ahead in her future. I'm sure if she wanted to she could simply read it all up in "The Book of Vs".
I know it's a bit far-fetched, but I have to say I'm a bit clueless about how Vs lives their sexuality. BTW, was Lisa's intimate moment with Tyler her first time..?
Quote:
I know this is going to sound very crazy but maybe there's a trigger in Tyler that makes sure his abilities don't go off until he's 18 years old.
Alex, take this more as a compliment to you than a jab to the writers - I have a hard time imagining they would think of such details for a plotline.
It would look a bit too convenient to write something like that, too.
Quote:
I agree that it would be very predictable but if he isn't Tyler's real father and there are no plans to pursue anything on the Erica/Joe front anymore then the character will sadly become deadweight. And it's much much more dramatic to kill him off and possibly explore how his death effects Erica and Tyler than to simply never show or mention him again a la Haylie or Brandon.
I agree with you that a proper death is a better exit than falling into oblivion disappearing from the screen, and I guess it would be another big emotional hit that could further push Tyler in Anna's arms, but still. I fear how they will connect Erica to the plotline, if Joe dies at the hand of the Vs.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know it's a bit far-fetched, but I have to say I'm a bit clueless about how Vs lives their sexuality.
I'm not sure if V's have a sex life at all, to be honest. All the V's are Anna's children, which means they are all related to each other in one way or another and any sexual relationship between them would probably be incest, which might be why we have never seen anything resembling a V coupling on the show.

Quote:
BTW, was Lisa's intimate moment with Tyler her first time..?
I think so.

Quote:
I agree with you that a proper death is a better exit than falling into oblivion disappearing from the screen, and I guess it would be another big emotional hit that could further push Tyler in Anna's arms, but still. I fear how they will connect Erica to the plotline, if Joe dies at the hand of the Vs.
Maybe the writers could come up with some kind of story around the paternity mystery and have Joe get killed when he and Erica are delving a little bit deeper into it because he is perceived as a threat to Anna's ultimate plans for Tyler. But I'm sure if Joe was going to get killed by the V's it would strengthen Erica's hatred for the species by another 100 points or so.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm not sure if V's have a sex life at all, to be honest. All the V's are Anna's children, which means they are all related to each other in one way or another and any sexual relationship between them would probably be incest, which might be why we have never seen anything resembling a V coupling on the show.
Oh. I don't know why I never thought about that. And now thinking about the mating scene between Anna and the alien she chose to impregnate herself is even creepier.
Quote:
Maybe the writers could come up with some kind of story around the paternity mystery and have Joe get killed when he and Erica are delving a little bit deeper into it because he is perceived as a threat to Anna's ultimate plans for Tyler. But I'm sure if Joe was going to get killed by the V's it would strengthen Erica's hatred for the species by another 100 points or so.
And Anna would probably manage to convince Tyler it happened because of something the Fifth Column/rebels did.
What I fear is that Joe will be killed because he got involved in something to help Erica with their son, and if she doesn't tell him all she knows about the aliens, she'll end up carrying the guilt over his death.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh. I don't know why I never thought about that. And now thinking about the mating scene between Anna and the alien she chose to impregnate herself is even creepier.
It really is because Anna had sex with her own son. I think if the Vs want humanity for reproduction then they should mainly want the women because the Visitor males are fertile but the women (except for the Queen and future Queen) aren't.

Quote:
And Anna would probably manage to convince Tyler it happened because of something the Fifth Column/rebels did.
Absolutely. Anna would definitely use a possible Joe death to her advantage. She might also simply order for Joe to be killed to firmly pull Tyler over to her side in case that he starts to slip away from her. Such a move would be perfectly in character for her IMO.

Quote:
What I fear is that Joe will be killed because he got involved in something to help Erica with their son, and if she doesn't tell him all she knows about the aliens, she'll end up carrying the guilt over his death.
Yes, that sadly might be a possibility.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It really is because Anna had sex with her own son. I think if the Vs want humanity for reproduction then they should mainly want the women because the Visitor males are fertile but the women (except for the Queen and future Queen) aren't.
The V biology is still confusing me immensely. For instance, I can't believe they didn't cover a scenario where their species loses both the queen and the future queen. What to do, then?
I mean, now they have humans, but they must've spent ages without that "resource". So perhaps something happened to their organisms, they were contamined or something on their native planet.
Quote:
Absolutely. Anna would definitely use a possible Joe death to her advantage. She might also simply order for Joe to be killed to firmly pull Tyler over to her side in case that he starts to slip away from her. Such a move would be perfectly in character for her IMO.
Agreed. The main question is: when they see that Tyler is passing to the "dark side" for real, the people who care about him will feel the need to tell him who Anna really is. And if he doesn't tryst his mother, he should at least trust Lisa.
So if they go down that route, how long will Tyler's new alliance last?
Anna might have to force him to stay on the mothership/kidnap him after that, I guess.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The V biology is still confusing me immensely. For instance, I can't believe they didn't cover a scenario where their species loses both the queen and the future queen. What to do, then?
I mean, now they have humans, but they must've spent ages without that "resource". So perhaps something happened to their organisms, they were contamined or something on their native planet.
We don't know anything about the V mythology yet. It might turn out that the V's have went from planet to planet to ensure the survival of their species for the last 10 centuries or so. We'll have to wait, watch and see.

Quote:
Agreed. The main question is: when they see that Tyler is passing to the "dark side" for real, the people who care about him will feel the need to tell him who Anna really is. And if he doesn't tryst his mother, he should at least trust Lisa.
So if they go down that route, how long will Tyler's new alliance last?
Anna might have to force him to stay on the mothership/kidnap him after that, I guess.
I have no idea but I find it kinda unlikely that Tyler is going to have his big epiphany in season 2 or 3 of a show that is intended to go on for 7 seasons. I think we'll have to put up with more stupid behaviour on his end for quite a while.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
We don't know anything about the V mythology yet. It might turn out that the V's have went from planet to planet to ensure the survival of their species for the last 10 centuries or so. We'll have to wait, watch and see.
It's very possible they did that, and maybe their plan for Earth and humans is so elaborated and has such a long set-up because they hadn't meet another species who could compete with them in intelligence before.
Anna's praise of how evolved the Vs are makes it a bit to think of them as a parasite society.
Quote:
I have no idea but I find it kinda unlikely that Tyler is going to have his big epiphany in season 2 or 3 of a show that is intended to go on for 7 seasons. I think we'll have to put up with more stupid behaviour on his end for quite a while.
But is it realistic to reason in terms of a 7 seasons long series? I mean, they might've made plans in case the series finds a renowed interest in the audience, and new watchers, next season, but with the feedback they've gotten so far, they should have also made more practical plans to execute the story in 3, 4 seasons max. And while Tyler next season may finally have concrete reasons to fall into Anna's arms, he also needs a makeover for his reputation asap.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's very possible they did that, and maybe their plan for Earth and humans is so elaborated and has such a long set-up because they hadn't meet another species who could compete with them in intelligence before.
Could be.

Quote:
But is it realistic to reason in terms of a 7 seasons long series? I mean, they might've made plans in case the series finds a renowed interest in the audience, and new watchers, next season, but with the feedback they've gotten so far, they should have also made more practical plans to execute the story in 3, 4 seasons max.
While this would be very honorable I really don't think that's how television works. Otherwise, producers who are very well aware that there's a very big chance for their show to get cancelled would write a season and a series finale in order to give fans some closure if the worst case scenario happens but nobody does it, which is why so many shows end on a unsatisfying cliffhanger.

Quote:
And while Tyler next season may finally have concrete reasons to fall into Anna's arms, he also needs a makeover for his reputation asap.
I agree that Tyler's character is in serious need for redemption but I really can't see it happening next season. It would mean that he would have to choose the Resistance and if he was going to do that who among the main cast would still be on Anna's side? Chad? That would be way too unbalanced IMO.