Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
While this would be very honorable I really don't think that's how television works. Otherwise, producers who are very well aware that there's a very big chance for their show to get cancelled would write a season and a series finale in order to give fans some closure if the worst case scenario happens but nobody does it, which is why so many shows end on a unsatisfying cliffhanger.
You're very right about that, but V started as "event programming" so I thought they could have some different ways to look at their product, maybe.
It's true that if V had been cancelled after the first season, we wouldn't even have found out why the aliens came to our planet, but perhaps the predictions about the show's ratings after the first 4 eps were still very optimistic.
Quote:
I agree that Tyler's character is in serious need for redemption but I really can't see it happening next season. It would mean that he would have to choose the Resistance and if he was going to do that who among the main cast would still be on Anna's side? Chad? That would be way too unbalanced IMO.
The problem for me is picturing a scenario where Lisa doesn't spill the beans about her mother's plans for him. Why would he doubt Lisa? Wil he believe Erica and/or the Resistance brainwashed her?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
You're very right about that, but V started as "event programming" so I thought they could have some different ways to look at their product, maybe.
It's true that if V had been cancelled after the first season, we wouldn't even have found out why the aliens came to our planet, but perhaps the predictions about the show's ratings after the first 4 eps were still very optimistic.
While I agree with your sentiments I really don't think they're going to speed things like character arcs up. I suspect that even by mid-season 2 we probably still won't know on which side many of the characters will ultimately end up and something like this definitely wouldn't be happening if they were going to take some short cuts IMO.

Quote:
The problem for me is picturing a scenario where Lisa doesn't spill the beans about her mother's plans for him. Why would he doubt Lisa? Wil he believe Erica and/or the Resistance brainwashed her?
I enjoy the show a lot but the truth of the matter is that more than half of the storylines wouldn't be able to work if the characters were going to behave in a logical manner. You are asking all the right questions because you are expecting logical behaviour from the characters but I think Lisa is either going to stay silent on the matter or she and Tyler are going to have some kind of falling out that will make him not believe her.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I enjoy the show a lot but the truth of the matter is that more than half of the storylines wouldn't be able to work if the characters were going to behave in a logical manner. You are asking all the right questions because you are expecting logical behaviour from the characters but I think Lisa is either going to stay silent on the matter or she and Tyler are going to have some kind of falling out that will make him not believe her.
Very recently I was questioning myself about Lisa and whether or not she would spill the truth to Erica (or Tyler) regarding Anna's plans for him. I would tend to agree, if not just for dramatic purposes, something will happen to cause a rift between Tyler/Lisa to make Tyler be at odds with her so that he doesn't believe her when the truth spills. Lisa might stay silent for awhile, but I would imagine as time passes and she roots herself in deeper with the Resistance movement, it would be very difficult for her to keep something of that magnitude quiet for long - especially with Erica front and center at the Resistance the way she is.

The question is what could possibly cause a rift between Tyler/Lisa to make him turn on her? Perhaps, Anna will be onto her daughter sooner than we think or she'll use her daughter as a scapegoat (without her knowledge) to further her own agenda with Tyler by twisting the truth of what she's doing and placing it all back on Lisa. Maybe Anna will spin it so that Tyler walks away thinking/knowing that Lisa was only out to use him. That is a very simplified path to take but I can still see it playing out that way.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Tyler and Lisa are kinda on opposing paths right now in that Lisa is drawn more and more to the Fifth Column while Tyler is drawn more and more to the V side. I think those opposing view points can already result in lots of conflict and a potential rift. And I agree that Anna will most likely play a part in it too. She's probably going to subject Tyler to a mixture of brainwashing and ego stroking. That can already be enough to make him believe her over Lisa shall there ever arise a situation where he is forced to make a choice between the 2 of them.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that for Tyler to choose to believe Anna above his mother, Lisa and perhaps even Joe telling him his life is at risk, he must be given a very strong reason, unless they want to keep Tyler another season on the same notes of S1 - and that would be character suicide.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think that for Tyler to choose to believe Anna above his mother, Lisa and perhaps even Joe telling him his life is at risk, he must be given a very strong reason, unless they want to keep Tyler another season on the same notes of S1 - and that would be character suicide.
You mean something like Tyler being a hybrid or having been created by the Visitors in vitro? Sure they can do that but if they retcon Tyler into a hybrid then they should have never had Valerie on the show. Considering that Tyler wouldn't only be special but also the first hybrid to ever have been born they would have made us sit through the awful Ryan/Valerie storyline and badly damaged Ryan's character for absolutely no reason at all. Talk about logical storytelling choices on part of the writers.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you, but at least it would be something a bit more solid than what we've got so far to back up Tyler's "rebellion". It could also be Anna showing him (fake?) evidence about his real dad, or evidence that his mother has been harming the Visitors or really lied to him.
All I know is that Tyler needs something more "real" than Anna's sweet talking and the promise to be accepted and finally understood among the Vs, or just the doubt that his mother has been lying to him, as justification for picking the aliens above the people he grew up with, and was loved by.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree with you, but at least it would be something a bit more solid than what we've got so far to back up Tyler's "rebellion". It could also be Anna showing him (fake?) evidence about his real dad, or evidence that his mother has been harming the Visitors or really lied to him.
All I know is that Tyler needs something more "real" than Anna's sweet talking and the promise to be accepted and finally understood among the Vs, or just the doubt that his mother has been lying to him, as justification for picking the aliens above the people he grew up with, and was loved by.
I can live with Anna showing Tyler real or not real evidence about his dad or evidence that Erica has been harming the Vs and I could maybe even live with a scenario where it's shown that the Vs have somehow had a hand in Tyler's very existence as long as he's still human even if all the ensuing plot holes would be tough to swallow but what I could never accept is if they retcon Tyler into a hybrid. I really hope they won't do it but who knows with these writers. It's not as if illogical storytelling choices are an unusual thing for them.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-15-2010 at 04:53 PM
Old 08-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Source

Source

Source

Last edited by ~ayumi~; 08-17-2010 at 01:35 PM
Old 08-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome picspams. Thanks for posting them Anna.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

I made this:

I love her
Old 08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Awesome arts!

LOL where is the refrigerator one from? Do you know?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandaLaFleurMC (View Post)
LOL where is the refrigerator one from? Do you know?
It's from the same Tumblr as the shorts one: don't look now
Old 08-20-2010, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

OH! There's a watermark on it. I'm blind or what? Thanks Anna
Old 08-20-2010, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome, Nanda