Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like Erica' impulsive attitude, too. And we often get to see the Death Glare - the badassery, the point of contact between her and Juliet (that, and her moternal/protective towards children instinct).
What leaves me a bit puzzled about her character sometimes is how she can go from being immensely suspicious/worried about the smallest things, and then be somehow easy-going about others. Perhaps it's a matter of instinct and following the "vibe" you get from a person or situation.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, sadly I believe that if we keep getting seasons as short as the first one there won't be any room to go into the characters' background unless is necessary for the plot
yes
dude, I'd kill for a scene with Erica and at least one brother!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

Me too, Nanda!

And those shorts have to make their reappearance!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe the line about growing up with 4 brothers was put there without much though, yet it's a bit of information they can build on if the want to, in the future. Erica is the heroine so it seems a bit strange that they'll never show any member of her (original) family.

The shorts! They deserve an upgrade from guest star to recurring, too.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Erica is the heroine so it seems a bit strange that they'll never show any member of her (original) family.
Yes, that is a bit strange, I hope we meet more members of her family in the second season.

Quote:
Along with the blue t-shirt
Old 07-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What leaves me a bit puzzled about her character sometimes is how she can go from being immensely suspicious/worried about the smallest things, and then be somehow easy-going about others. Perhaps it's a matter of instinct and following the "vibe" you get from a person or situation.
I assume you are referring to things like Erica's rather nonchalent reaction to the revelation that Lisa is a V/Anna's daughter after the show has played up her dislike for all things V all season long. I think some of those instances can be chalked up to weak writing and others to the shorter number of episodes the writers get to work with. The writers have to stuff a lot of plot into the already short number of episodes which doesn't leave them with much time on the character/relationship level and if a relationship has to reach a certain point by the end of the season things have to get rushed or lightswitched, which sadly means that we have to suspend a lot of disbelief from time to time.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
Yes, that is a bit strange, I hope we meet more members of her family in the second season.
Same here. And let's admit it - another reason we wish to see her brothers is the hope they're as hot as Erica.
Quote:
Along with the blue t-shirt
That one can even become a regular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I assume you are referring to things like Erica's rather nonchalent reaction to the revelation that Lisa is a V/Anna's daughter after the show has played up her dislike for all things V all season long. I think some of those instances can be chalked up to weak writing and others to the shorter number of episodes the writers get to work with. The writers have to stuff a lot of plot into the already short number of episodes which doesn't leave them with much time on the character/relationship level and if a relationship has to reach a certain point by the end of the season things have to get rushed or lightswitched, which sadly means that we have to suspend a lot of disbelief from time to time.
I guess you're right on both theories. The Erica/Lisa situation can be explained with your second reasoning, the need to advance the plot to a certain point in a limited time. As I mentioned, the audience could use the fact that Erica has a sixth sense to read people's hearts, or that with Lisa she was overwhelmed by seeing a young woman in such battered conditions, to bridge between her previous skeptical attitude and the trust she display in the last few episodes.
But I was also thinking of other scenes where besides the supercial writing, I have nothing to hold on to understand them. For instance: Erica's lack of reaction to the news that Ryan and Valerie are expecting a baby. I thought that would lead her, and the rest of the group, to discussions and fights about what that could mean for the human race. At worst, I was expecting her to freak out or look stunned, want to investigate... Instead, she took the news the same way she would've taken an old friend telling her she got knocked up and doesn't know how to tell her boyfriend. I understand that Ryan is one of the good guys and they focus on their companionship, but Erica can't forget that he's V and he's telling her there could be hibrids.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Same here. And let's admit it - another reason we wish to see her brothers is the hope they're as hot as Erica.
I'm not ashamed to admit it And we have one for each of us!

Just imagine Elizabeth as a man I'm melting
Old 07-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

The casting department better do a good job.
I'm actually trying to think of some actors who would be convincing in the role of Erica's brother but I can't think of anyone at the moment.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Elite Fan

I have faith in the casting department

I can't think of anyone either
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

With Tyler they did a great job (with the physical resemblance, at least).

I'm also hoping we'll see Joe again, and get a good closure at the whole Tyler drama that still haunts them.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
LOL! yes! And sunglasses...

Quote:
I'm also hoping we'll see Joe again, and get a good closure at the whole Tyler drama that still haunts them.
Same

Oh Erica's brothers would be HOT!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandaLaFleurMC (View Post)
LOL! yes! And sunglasses...
You mean these ?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Passionate Fan

She's super cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn
This! I hope they will not drop their storyline.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll sue the guy who is keeping my computer hostage because of all the hot pictures and caps I've been missing out on the past month.

Rationally, the fact that the mistery about whatever is wrong with/special about Tyler is still in the air should guarantee us a resolution to the Evans family dinamics. It would be a cheap move to just never involve Joe in the discovery, and leave Tyler's father in the dark, and for Erica to never have a chance to clear the air between them. But... who knows.