Old 10-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

WAT

Okay, that's pretty hilarious

[ Sasha MJ
-I l o v e y o u m o r e. ]
Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Has anyone gotten Before He Was King by Todd Gray yet? I've heard good things about it, plus it's filled to the brim with gorgeous photographs like this one:

I'm definitely getting it soon, waiting for my next paycheck
Old 11-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

That picture is lovely. I may have to get it for gems like that

[ Sasha MJ
Old 11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

everything that I've seen from it so far is truly STUNNING, and all from late OTW/early Thriller era

I asked for it in a store today, and they could order it, but it was 30 euro I've seen it on Amazon for like half of that.. so I'll start begging my dad if I can use his creditcard for this
Old 11-04-2009, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so lost

I love you more!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

why, Luka? we're discussing the new photo book 'Before He Was King' that just came out
Old 11-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really don't know why I posted that but I see it was very early in the morning, so I was probably sleep deprived just like I am right now

There are 3 MJ books I want to buy, one is from here and the other 2 are Moonwalker and that one Val posted about, but I'm so broke

I love you more!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

I'm with you Luka Since my birthday's coming up, maybe I'll request these

[ Sasha MJ
Old 11-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you can get them!! hehehehe

I love you more!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, seriously, I don't WANT to buy Taraborrelli's stupid book! But I keep finding cute passages like this from it, and it almost makes me think it's worth it.. But then I remember some of the other stuff it has, and then my blood starts to boil instantly, so yeah, I'm guessing not.

But this is adorable:

bwahahaha CAN YOU IMAGINE??!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My books came in the mail! I got my own version of Moonwalk finally, Before he was King, and yes... I gave in and bought Tarraborrelli's book. Only cause it was on sale! But I'm confident enough in my general Mike knowledge that I won't let it sway me one bit

I wanted to share a passage from Before he was King now, which is just.. perfect. It holds the most beautiful photographs of him, and so many cute anecdotes and especially to me, being a photographer myself, it's very interesting to read what Todd Gray but also Michael himself have to say about the technical aspects of shooting those pictures!

Anyway, this made me smile so much (graciously copying this from someone on tumblr who was kind enough to type it out!)

Quote:
Michael showed me his newly finishd private theater, complete with plush red velvet seats. I thought his blue sweater would complement the deep red, and I asked him to take a seat and pretend as if he were watching a movie. “Which movie?” he asked. I said, “It doesn’t matter. Any movie will do.” But Michael insisted: “Todd, you’ve got to tell me which movie I’m supposed to be watching if you want a reaction from me.” Okay, what about a Charlie Chaplin comedy, I suggested. “Which one?” Michael asked. “He’s made so many you know.” My mind went black; luckily my assistant shouted out; “Modern Times!” Michael responded, “Okay, which part?” Exasperated, I said “Michael, it’s a comedy, just laugh!”It was getting late and we were all tired and a little punchy, but Michael was having fun with all this. “Well,” he began,”if you want me to laugh, then you have to tell me a joke. But you said you wanted me to act like I’m watching a movie. Which is it you want?” Finally I gave up and made a ridiculous clown face, which made him laugh.

I've looked through Moonwalk too and I was surprised to see many pictures that I hadn't actually seen before. I didn't think there were that many left! I'm so glad to be proven wrong though, it's epic. I've read the original version, but this copy also holds a very moving foreword by Berry Gordy, and also a lovely, lovely epilogue by the ghostwriter of the book. She talks about meeting Michael, getting to spend time with him, at one passage she recalls how they were out on the town quite late after they had gone to an amusement park, and Michael asked the driver to stop at the Hollywood walk of fame, he got out, danced and sung on his own star.. and then they drove on... she has a few more stories like that, it's so so sweet.

All in all.. those two books are totally worth buying
Old 12-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Aw you got them! Val! I really want them

[ Sasha MJ
Old 12-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Get them!! I really can't say enough how much I'd recommend everyone to get them
Old 12-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that quote I want that book so so much

I'm glad you got your copy of Moonwalk I was going to ask it here at work as a christmas gift, but they are not selling the book here the person would have to buy it online and they wont do that

I need money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you more!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Addicted Fan

My sister just got Before He Was King and I love it! The Off the Wall/Thriller era has become one of my favorites for the past couple days so that just made me enjoy it just that much more. I haven't gotten a chance to read it but the pictures are awesome. I really would recommend it.