Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

I can't read books on the computer because I don't get as involved with them like I could with a hardback..
Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah I'm the same I'd much rather curl up with an actual book, I'm a huge book nerd but since I didn't have any other way to read it, I did read the ebook for Moonwalk, and it had me SO engrossed from the very beginning that I really didn't mind anymore

I am still very much looking forward to finally holding my actual copy in my hands next month though
Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

I'm going to try to get my brother to buy it for me when it gets released in October.. I would love to read Moonwalk. I can get lost into his words..
Old 09-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Addicted Fan

I just got the Dancing the Dream book in the mail a few days ago (wow is all I can say) Michael's writing is so freakin amazing

I had to read the ebook of Moonwalk as well and it was so good but I can not wait to get the actual book

For anybody in the US that is trying to get Michael's dancing the dream here is a website you can go to to order it (that is what I did) it is the rereleased version and it is new not some used copy (this was the only place really I could find it where they were not trying to sell it for hundreds of dollars)I paid $22 for the book and that included shipping. It took about 2 weeks to get I suspect they had to order it from England but this way you have a hard copy of Michael's book and not having to just read the ebook.

The website is
superbookdeals.com

Hope that helps with anybody that wants to read the book

Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation. Michael Jackson

Last edited by LisaP; 09-17-2009 at 12:57 PM
Old 09-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Lisa, thank you, thank you, thank you.

[ Sasha MJ
-I l o v e y o u m o r e. ]
Old 09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow that is amazing! I am SO glad you guys in the US have a way of getting it now EVERYONE should read this book
Old 09-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

OMG!! Thanks for that, Lisa.. I'm going to go bookmarked that page right now..
Old 09-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm that new book thing that Val posted sounds interesting. Given the estate and everything, I'd imagine a publisher would be quick to snatch it up.

I think I have PDF files of Moonwalk and Dancing the Dream on one of my hard drives. I'll have to look into getting hard copy versions.

And I agree about not trusting other authors. I see so many books now that have been re-released and revised since MJ's passing, but I refuse to buy them. I barely even skim them at the bookstore.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
but I refuse to buy them. I barely even skim them at the bookstore.
Same. I've looked through a lot of them just to look at the pictures but I'm not even starting with actually reading them.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Especially since even the supposedly accurate/good ones have been revised with tabloid-y crap from the latter years.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

I refuse to read something about Michael unless, he himself, wrote it.. I won't waste my money on biographies from that Halperin dude or not even that Tamborelli dude.. I'll just read the ones that Michael wrote himself.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was in a book fair today and I searched the whole place, they didn't have any of Michael's books I want to buy them so bad

I did buy a book/tribute, I'm not sure yet how good it is, cause I haven't actually read it yet, but it looks fairly honest and it has lots of pics now I have to keep looking for Moonwalk and Dancing the Dream.

I love you more!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's too bad that you couldn't find them! I guess your best bet would be ordering them online

Let us know how that book is once you've read it! I'm definitely interested in reading more MJ books, I just don't want to take a chance and buy a few random ones because I just know I'll only end up annoyed with how things in them are depicted. But if any of you here can recommend some, I'd trust your judgement of course
Old 09-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

I've been looking everywhere But I'll just order them from that site

Ugh, but I was in Borders yesterday and I saw this book that made me SO angry I took the book and turned it around so you couldn't see the cover

[ Sasha MJ
-I l o v e y o u m o r e. ]
Old 09-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

go girl! what did the book say? ...I'm not sure I want to know, actually