Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2019, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Welcome home Keepsmiling although I don't blame you for not wanting to get off that wonderful ship! Please feel free to go on and ON! Love hearing about it. That's wonderful with the Christmas tree (I have heard of the pickle ornament) and the singing. I've thought taking a Christmas to New Year's trip would be nice some time.

'Jeopardy' just had some video clues taken of Viking Cruise places and Mr ML was stunned by how beautiful some of those places were, like Budapest, etc. All the old castles and gardens, etc. Really pretty! I bet you saw a lot of amazing sights on your travels. I'm glad the hubby did well at home.

Poor Grace being sick (and germy). I had a scratchy throat last night and though OH NO, I'm getting a terrible cold and going to be sick all though Hanukah and Christmas (colds tend to linger 10 days to 2 weeks) - but today, feeling better! I bought a grapefruit, drank some lemon tea and honey. Hoping I can shake this germ off! Maybe I was about to catch the flu, but then my flu shot kicked in and got rid of the virus? Who knows?

Oh Podmom that's too bad about Emily's husband! My son wanted us to go visit him, but then his (witch of a) wife said she didn't want us staying with them, if we came! They have a guest room and bathroom upstairs, sitting empty! So, needless to say, we haven't visited them. I've been down there once (stayed in the nice guest room), and Mr ML has never visited them, in ~6 years now!

Wow, Tom's cousin died a year or two ago, and I've been sending holiday cards to her fellow - just saw on FB that he died too! Glad I hadn't sent him a card yet! the older you get - the more people pass away and are 'off the list'. :<

Wen's new great grand is named Elijah too - such a lovely name, not one of those odd made-up names people give kids nowadays. She's been so sick, with one thing and another - makes Christmas prep so difficult, and you know how she lives for holidays and gifting!
for Wen!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Yes keepsmiling go ON and ON so fun to hear about all you did tell us. So cool they did Christmas things with you and I want to hear about the local entertainment. Did they come to the boat? Did you guys go out to see them. We need details

Yes her husband is just kind of aggressive in some ways and not thoughtful of her...in my opinion of course. ML One trip to Texas in 6 years....your son and Emily need to stand up to their spouses

I'm sorry to hear that Wen is still battling what sounds like several health issues and she does love holidays so much.

podad and I went to Target and Costco last evening and lucked out and found a certain toy/cyber thing you guys won't know about for Anna Lee and Tommy. I have done most of my shopping on Amazon ….it is easier but I do feel bad about it too

I never did wrap yesterday I better get going.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:54 AM
Total Fan

ML.......maybe one day your DIL will realize her mistakes? Is that even possible? I feel sorry for your son too.

PODMOM.....safe travels as you go to help out the families at Christmas time. And stay well, little ones like to share their germs.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

That's too bad Em's husband is pushy like that/inconsiderate. Well my son turns 40 next fall and he wants to plan to 'do something special' with us - not sure what yet, but it would involve us all getting together. Yes, she pushes him around mercilessly, but that's what he's like. Even his dog pushes him around.

LOL, I pray for my DIL to develop an improved personality/be less crazy, but I don't really expect it to happen - she is the way she is.

Met up with MLette for lunch. We went to that nice healthy eating place, B.Good, yummy vegetarian stuff (although they also have burgers and chicken etc) - figured we should eat some healthy stuff, with all the bad holiday foods coming! And went shopping at Kohl's next door, to spend some Kohl cash expiring today - she wanted a Christmas sweater (ie, new sweater to wear to Christmas). She found one (I tried on some wild holiday sweaters too, just for fun - none of them flattering!). We all stopped at the restrooms before getting in the long line to check out, and before driving home.

Anyway, I had the scariest attack of vertigo, bending over to check on the toilet paper supply Stall was spinning and bucking like a carnival ride suddenly. Very scary. Never had one before like that. I've been dizzy if I was lying down and stretching out my back/hanging my head over the edge of the bed, and then sat up afterward (did something to cause it), but not just out minding my own business. Oh well, always something new. Will have to call my doctor tomorrow and tell her, but I guess it's pretty common - stones come loose from your inner ear when you get older, sometimes they go out of whack and make you dizzy/the room spin

Glad it wasn't a stroke! (Don't think it was a stroke, no other symptoms). But it was scary!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-19-2019, 07:46 PM
Total Fan

ML.........what are the results of your doctor's appt.? That was scary......but I'm glad you are addressing the problem right away.`
Old 12-20-2019, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

I let my doctor know about the vertigo attack, I'm seeing the NP on Monday. I think they are more concerned about it than I am, although I was a little nervous taking a shower this morning (what if I had another dizzy spell? - falling in that old claw foot tub would be no joke?. But so far, so good.

Yay, I finished up my cards, just in time to clear off the table for Mr ML's monthly poker night. Just have to walk around the neighborhood and stick the cards in my neighbor's doors/mail boxes (post office frowns on that but hey it's Christmas and I'm not spending 55 cents to send something next door/across the street!)

Hanukah starts Sunday evening!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-20-2019, 01:44 PM
Total Fan

Happy Hanukah....... ML.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Thanks keepsmiling - two days to Hanukah, five days until Christmas!

It's Mr ML's poker night, so I'm hiding out in the office - the guys are just arriving.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-22-2019, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

ML

Keepsmiling
Old 12-23-2019, 09:20 AM
Total Fan

ML.......hope to get your doctor's report today.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, I'm going to the doctor in about half an hour! Only seeing the NP, my doctor is on vacation (probably went back to South America for Christmas, who knows?)

I got up early and have been doing a whole lot of nothing, waiting around to go to the doctor (which is 2 blocks from my house).

Mr ML went out to get some groceries - he couldn't even get into the parking lot! Went by a second store, and the parking situation was crazy too. He forgot how everybody waits until the last minute to get all their holiday grocery shopping done. We went the day before Thanksgiving for a few items, and the store was crazy. He walked down to another nearby small market - he really only needs potatoes to cook for Christmas but of course he waited too long to get them. He was saying the other night, Gee do I need to get a Yankee Swap gift? No, already taken care of (and wrapped).

First night of Hanukkah was great. MLette and BF came over early, we went out to lunch, watched a silly movie (Picachu Detective, a movie based on Pokemon, which MLette and I have never laid eyes on - lol) and lit the first candle, opened a gift, Barbara came over for tea, opened one of her gifts (she's there every night, we have to get her something...)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-26-2019, 07:15 PM
Total Fan

ML.......still interested in your doctor's appt.?
Old 12-26-2019, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

I hope you are enjoying another nice evening of the Festival of Lights ML

Remember when I had that awful vertigo attack about 3 years ago....lasted a long time...vomiting started and I went to the ER. Ugg mistake...they made me get a million tests because I am stroke age.....they took forever....didn't get results.....I had to spend the night which cost so much$ even with good insurance. It was just vertigo...has never happened again...so far. It is an awful and scary feeling. I hope you are ok ML

Hi keepsmiling
Old 12-27-2019, 12:05 PM
Total Fan

Have a brief break between families arriving.......it has been a blessed Christmas so far, but it's not over yet.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Oh sorry, keepsmiling I didn't report back about my Dr. visit - the nurse practitioner agreed with my 'diagnosis' that is was probably benign positional vertigo and didn't require any testing or treatment, unless it became a problem/came back again. It could happen again - or never happen again. I've been feeling fine, and it's been a week plus a few days. Might also have been related to the cold I was coming down with/sinus stuff too. Who knows?

MLette called up yesterday afternoon and came over with the BF to open some more presents - in between spending time with his visiting family. They went to the Enchanted Christmas village that morning with the niece and nephew and were going back to go out with his sister and her husband (while grandparents watched the little ones). Managed to 'fit us in'. She said they'd be back Sunday, last night of Hanukah, and maybe go out to lunch or something together. Sounds nice. They've been sort of run ragged with his family in town, plus they are very bad plan makers, so well, it makes it hard to plan!

Oh my friend in St Louis sent me such a perfect gift - I like sloths, and I like llamas (among other things that I like) - she got me a mug with a sloth riding on a llama on it. I just laughed and laughed, it was so perfect! (I got myself a sloth necklace too, carved sloth hanging from a braided cord - it's sort of cute. Not a great sloth likeness, could be a yeti hanging from a cord.) LOL.

The weather is wonderful too, above freezing (40s) and sunny today. Ahhh. So nice no to freeze. 90 more days until spring, I heard a few days back on TV. C'mon Spring!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread