Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

JOFs #23.......we've got a secret.....don't tell Mar-Mod!

Kidding .........you little newborn JIT you Welcome to the home Mar .....now go and fix my metamusil for me honey!!

Christmas treats at the end of this list!!

We're over 30 and proud to say that we're in love and obsessed with a
younger man...Jason Behr!
We proudly show our names.
6th Rock ~ Washington
AntarianFemale ~ Croatia
Alien Mom ~ California
Alien Dawn ~ Las Vegas
Behrfanny ~ Louisiana
BehrApple ~ Washington
Behry Nice ~ New Jersey
BehrlyAntarian ~ Canada
Butterflybehr ~ Australia
Cheriedreams ~ California
CosmicDream ~ Oregon
EccentricOne ~ Wisconsin
Eyes-Only4-Behr ~ California
FondaRoswell ~ Indiana
Hoodie ~ Illinois
IrishEyes ~ Pennsylvania
Jason's Angel~ Connecticut
Jean Hayward ~ Mass
Jero ~ Illinois
June R ~ UK
Kinsey ~ Texas
LongTimeFan ~ Ohio
Lori ~ Texas
LTL ~ Maryland
Luvbehr ~ Arizona
Lynxbehr ~ Houston Texas
Mamasita ~ Ontario,(Canada)
MaxiBehr ~ Muscat,Oman
MonicaAnn ~ Oregon
Mrs. Bear ~ California
MyrnaLynne ~ Mass
Podmom ~ Pennsylvania
Podwatcher ~ Nebraska
Sarah ~ Quebec (Canada)
Settled ~ California
Shilohaura ~ Indiana
SilverFox ~ California
TexasRed ~ Texas
TigerEyes ~ Wisconsin
Tumble ~ (BC)Canada
UKSpaceGirl ~ London
Vicki~ LasVegas
WenLuvsJB ~ California
Wildbehr ~ Florida
Wildsphinx ~ S.Carolina
visiting poet ~ Noseedough

** As Noseedough so eloquently described us...and I quote**

...JOFs...

Jason's Older Fans...
the Oogy Lady Clan...
emitting constant sighs...
by Jason..hypnotized...
seems they can't relax...
too hyped up over Max...
forget Oblivion...
there's 'Shooting Livien'...
and there's Even After...
Sherman Oak's for laughter...
and as we know so well...
there's always our Roswell

And don't forget the JITS! (JOFS in training)
Mezzi-NSW, Oz
Danie-VIC, Oz
Sarz-VIC, Oz
Kender-NSW
VeronicB-Israel
Mar(moddess) -DC

It's that time of year

and this year "It's snowing Behr! "

LTF......I couldn't resist this one...thank you...thank you...thank you!!!!

Bixie.......since you're a JOF visiter I hope it's ok I borrowed this

These are Kinseys......thank you baby

I better quit before the spirit of giving takes a hike

one and all........don't just sit there......post away

and

**** last thread*****

Last edited by podmom; 12-20-2004 at 07:50 PM
Old 12-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great new thread Podmom!!! Just wanted to tell everyone, Merry Christmas!!!!! Not sure if I will be here when it gets here. So Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays guys. Please be safe!!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Vicki*
We'll have to vote on it and get back to you! Thanks for your interest in our secret society! Good Luck!

NOTE to other JOF's: She is a looney and only wants to see the secret stuff! I say we haze the heck out of her to see if she can handle it!
BRING IT!! I can take it!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Kender
So Mariael want to know about all the secret stuff We should have a secret vote that no one knows where and when we are supposed to vote and then we'll never know the results as they are secret
Secret vote?!?! Hazing...voting...what's next...hoeing!

I just read the title and opening ...thanks..I FEEL THE LOVE!

BTW, poddess love, you should put D.C. next to my name...I'm don't live in NYC! And Metamusil....that would be?

Happy Holidays Wild!
Old 12-20-2004, 05:00 PM
LTL
Master Fan

podmom: Thanks for the beee-yew-tee-ful Christmas present of JB pix. I already know that your first post will be my favorite on this thread.

But, oh dear, who let Mar in? Any shred of dignity we had left will be gone, gone, gone. Love you, Mar!

ML: I had the same reaction to The OC when it first started this year -- way too self-conscious -- although others said they liked the fact that they didn't take themselves too seriously. I still thought the Chrismukkah ep was hilarious in parts, and Seth did mention all the attendant merchandising of his combined holiday, which sounded to me like a tweak at all the OC merchandising.

VB, Maggie: Thanks for the sympathy on my projects!

Maggie, enjoy your Vancouver holiday!

Danie: Good to hear they're cutting you a break on the Christmas work -- enjoy your time off.

mezz: Congrats on the success of your Christmas get-together!

Happy holidays, WildSphinx!

Hey, Kender!
Old 12-20-2004, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL
But, oh dear, who let Mar in? Any shred of dignity we had left will be gone, gone, gone. Love you, Mar!
What dignity?

Yeah..I really feel the love there! Love ya too, LTL
Old 12-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey JOF's and JIT's!!!

SMG is coming here (well according to the news-papers around here) to promoute The Grudge!!! Maybe she'll bring us a present!! That could have been so wonderful! But they didn't say anything about anyone else... And the chances are less the slim... What can I do about this?

Mar, welcome!

podmommy, wondeful new tred!!! All of those nice pics at the beginning sure make me feel fuzzy...

LTL, WildSphinx and everyone else!!!

You don't have to be crazy to be my friend.... But it sure helps!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

SMG in Israel? That is way way cool, VB I hope you get to see her. (I hope she brings Jason with her in her suitcase for you :>) She is Jewish, so I bet she is really excited to visit Israel too.

Poddy Lovely new thread! Great job! Can't see enough of that beautiful man and those great new pictures. Love the Christmas in Roswell too. I guess it does occasionally snow out there (I have a friend in NM and they got some snow and everybody was really surprised.)

LTL I had no idea the degree of OC marketing - they are auctioning off OC items on Ebay for some charity and they have Christmukah card and wrapping paper and those little santa hat yarmulka thingies and you name it!

Guess I should have joined the OC Insider so I wasn't so out of the loop, but I refuse to hand over $25 for it! (Although MLette got an OC calendar and DVDs for Hanukah, so I guess I'm only contributing to the merchandising/corporate greed problem.)

Then again, I understand striking while the show is hot. The Queer Eye guys were everybody's darlings for a few months, their calendar sold out in a blink of an eye last year - but this year - yesterday's news, I think. I know I haven't watched their show in an age. Been there, done that.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Yea ML, it could be great and if she'll get here and I'll get to meet her! I could ask her about Jason... I can see how that conversesion is going to work out...

You don't have to be crazy to be my friend.... But it sure helps!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Checking what I missed end of last thread....

Maggie I don't like mince pie either - I think most people don't like mince pie, but the ones who do, really love it. Well, I guess that's true for most things (you either like them or you don't) - but some things, like fruitcakes, it seems the majority don't! But my friend in FL went out and bought herself a mince pie and ate it herself, because to her that's the taste of holidays, and her family doesn't like it. Well, my family is the same with eggnog - I like it, none of the rest of them do. Which is probably why all the rest of them are skinny too! LOL!

Wrapping isn't so bad, because I do it as I go along - I wrap everything as soon as I get it home (also so nobody sees what they're getting by accident, as I 'hide' them in my room in plain sight, next to the bed ). If I had to sit down and do everything all at once, it would be way too daunting!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-20-2004, 06:54 PM
LTL
Master Fan

VB: Very about SMG!! Oh, go ahead, you can ask her about Jason!

ML: That's a hoot about the yarmulclauses! I didn't realize you could actually buy one. Mr. LTL teaches in a school where a lot of the kids come from mixed households -- he could probably set up a franchise.

Any of you remember the Barbie Roswell Theater in which MariaB did storyboards of Ros eps using Barbie and Ken dolls? They were hysterical. She's finally put some of them up again at another site:

http://www.angelfire.com/art/dollmemories/brt1.html
Old 12-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Don't forget about the O.C. Christmas CD!

OMG!!! Barbie Ros eps.. I so have to see this when I get home!

Thanks Vero!

Umm..mince pie?!?! What is that?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Mar .....You're just SO cool I thought NYC but then when you enlightened me I remebered fixed it! Metamusil......Dahlink.....it's my little ha ha about the aging process(although this one time I will admit to not needing the *metamusil*).ie fiber stuff to keep one regular it's just a joke. You get it......Jasons older fans..........goodness these young kids have so much to learn

LTL I hadn't seen the Barbie thing before....LOVED it

ML and Maggie I like mince meat.......now that I'n grown up....I get it from the Vermont Country Store catalog.....SO SO much better than Nun-Such or however one spells that most famous in the store brand.....btw these days no meat just fruit....with my home made crust.......mmmmmmmm have it with champagne..yummmy

ok off to finish getting ready for my cookie exchange party....first time for me but I like the concept......everyone brings cookies to share....we all go home with lots of diff kinds.....and of course I'm having coffee and Champagne....

also it is way way cold here...sub zero....ML you must be sub sub !

Wild vB,Maggie,OZettes,Tumm,behrfanny,et all
Old 12-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by podmom
Mar .....You're just SO cool I thought NYC but then when you enlightened me I remebered fixed it! Metamusil......Dahlink.....it's my little ha ha about the aging process(although this one time I will admit to not needing the *metamusil*).ie fiber stuff to keep one regular it's just a joke. You get it......Jasons older fans..........goodness these young kids have so much to learn
Oh ok..that stuff...I never remember what that stuff is called! Well, I'm glad you don't need it! Have fun at your cookie party!Champagne...keep alcohol away from me...my liver needs a break after this weekend!
Old 12-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

LTL Thanks so much for finding this site with "Barbie Roswell Theater" - oh god the laughs we had - the Sheriff's nekkid tai chi comes instantly to mind - and we were so anticipating Sexual Healing that even her shirtless Max doll was so erotic! Oh, happy creative times in the old days. I used to write song parodies about each upcoming episode too before it aired. (I just came across a printout of one the other day.) Happy times, lots of creative energy and excitement. That was before the fans fell into such rigid groups and 'shippers' and (often feuding) factions and everybody was just happy being together and loving Roswell and swooning and chatting. SIGH!

It's too bad she's now embarrassed by her obsession for Roswell and has put it behind her. (I'd be more embarrassed by an obsession with Barbies, personally - MLette just bagged up about $10,000 of her old ones for charity.)

VB Great idea! Interview Sarah for our board about Jason and I'll definite post a News report about it!

Yes Poddy it's FREEZING here! Zero (or -17.8 for our C friends).
I had forgotten just how cold that cold could be. My eyeballs were cold (and weeping) it was so cold. My dog ran out, did his business, and ran back inside! He's no fool!

Makes you understand why Jason could move away from MN, as much as he loves the place! Too #*%$ cold!

There's an outfit called "mixed blessings" that has Hanukah/Christmas stuff. I have a sweatshirt of two cats sitting, looking in two windows - one cat has a santa hat and is looking in at a Christmas tree and the other has a yarmulke and is looking in at a Hanukah menorah. But when I got it, I thought the cats were next door neighbors, but when I looked at the rest of their stuff, they are more about intermarriage and celebrating both holidays (which I am not really a proponent of, although Seth Cohen's holiday enthusiasm is hard to resist - and it's not like his family practices either religion at all, any other time of the year anyway, doubt they have ever darkened either church or synagogue doors).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 12-21-2004 at 04:27 PM
Old 12-21-2004, 06:36 PM
LTL
Master Fan

ML: Glad you enjoyed re-visiting the BRT -- I hope she puts up more of them. SH was a riot, and I also got a big laugh out of the hot tub ep, with references to other hot tubs.

I was also thinking recently about that creative explosion surrounding Roswell -- songcaps, poems, fics, really interesting analyses of the eps, fanart -- and how many people started doing things and being creative in ways they had never done before. Heady times, and I didn't post as early as you did. So many shows have Internet followings now, but I wonder how many of them have the fervor that Roswell fans did (Buffy, I'm sure).

As for Christmukkah, I can see where serious practitioners of Judaism and Christianity would not want to mix the two holidays -- there *is* a basic contradiction there -- but on a secular level, they are both part of the holiday torrent, and Seth's enthusiasm is infectious.

podmom: I also like mincemeat pies, though I'm not rabid about them, but warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream -- yum!

Glad you enjoyed Barbie Roswell Theater!

How many different kinds of cookies did you get?