Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, I'm off to the farm for a few days so i'll wish you all a Merry Christmas now....

Merry Christmas folks. Hope ya'll get some time to relax and enjoy family.

Happy holidays to those that get the time off but don't do Christmas.

I'll see yous all on Thursday

Old 12-24-2004, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

LTF and Wen Thanks for those incredible JB Chrissy decos!!!! Amazing....the one with the lights and the changing faces Liz I can't imagine how you did that..... wonderful!!

Bugger me Christmas is taking me hostage ......too much of all this type stuff ......it will be a wrapathon/cookathon/churchathon/groceryathon and whateverelseathon .......believe me Mezz milk being a JIT for as long as possible! Do you want to jump to JOF status? Of course there's the part of me that says hey if I have to be one then you do too

Wild and Lynx good to see you girls checking in

big 'ol and to all ......it's 1am here gotsta sleep a little and start all over.

Old 12-24-2004, 05:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi JOFs and JITs!!!

I am off to Vancouver tomorrow morning... if the weather permits and doesn't mess up my flight. Will be back in Montreal on December 30th. Probably will be able to get online at my brother's place though... that is if I can get him off of his own computer.

But just in case I don't get online... I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings!

Maggie
Old 12-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Merry Christmas guys! Have a Happy New Year! Any New Yorkers here planning on going down to Times Square new years eve to see the ball drop??? I know I'll be there.

Crystal
Old 12-24-2004, 07:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Happy Holidays to all my wonderful friends in the JOF thread!!!!

Hope your Dec 25th is a good one... see you all after the food's gone down!!!
Old 12-24-2004, 08:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wishing all the JOFs & JITs a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 12-24-2004, 05:48 PM
LTL
Master Fan

Well, now that we're clear on the buggering...

Liz: Fabulous greeting cards!

Thanks for posting the first one, Wen!

We just had #2 son's Christmas Eve birthday lunch. He never gets the full day to celebrate because we go to my mother's house on Christmas Eve to celebrate with that side of the family. He turned 22, and last night he was still begging me to let him open just one present early.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all the JOFS and JITS.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi JOFs and JITs and Retrainees!

Yep... I did make it to Vancouver! Only took me a mere 23 hours and arrived only approximately 10 hours later then I was scheduled to. But given the travel type woes that have been happening all over north america this Christmas season... I have the notion that my trip was a piece of cake. I think that there probably are still travellers stuck at some airports and probably is a lot of luggage that is still lost. Mass confusion seemed to be the by word for some reason. Which was sort of puzzling from my stand point... as the airport in Montreal wasn't all that crowded and the weather was clear.... and the runways were clear of snow. But the explanation that I got was that planes were being delayed and flights being cancelled because of the snow storm that hit Toronto on Thursday. Yep.... I am sending out a huge [[[[HUG]]]] to all who were travelling any where in north america this holiday season.

Now I am going to go back and catch up on the thread. Yep... I am staying in the room that my brother uses as an office... that has a convenient hide-a-bed.... and a very convenient computer.

Maggie
Old 12-26-2004, 06:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Danie: Congratulations on being on holidays all next week!

And we are going to have to come up with some secret.... but greatly meaningful ceremony in order to celebrate whenever a JIT transcends to being a JOF.

Maybe Podmom can think of something appropriate.

mezz: Hope that you are having a good Christmas at the farm.

And it's very very possible that you are still listed as a JIT simply because no one who started a thread realised that you were over 30. Giggle. That situation will probably be rectified soon... after we think up a suitable graduation ceremony.

VB: Hope that you are feeling better now sweetie. :silver_hand:

And the next time that some one meets Jason... maybe perhaps that important question of how he maintaines a constant three day growth of beard can be asked. Giggle.

ML: Me thinks that you may have figured out the answer! Yep... maybe Jason does have one of those Miami Vice type rasors. And the other question that is concerning me right now... is why my brother seems to be watching Grease on TV??? Giggle.

That is hilarious that that Yale guy came up with the term Chismukkah!!! Hey.... maybe that Yale guy knows Josh Schwartz and that's where the idea came from in the first place. Or did Josh Schwartz go to Yale?

Wen: Hi sweeite! Thank you for dropping off LTF's wonderful Christmas card!

LTF: Your "Behry Christmas" holiday greeting is very cool!!!

And it was good to read on the other thread that you made it to your relatives place okay!

to Lynxbehr, Podmom, Crystal, The Kender & LTL!

Maggie
Old 12-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Hope you all have been ejoying the holidays.without too much stress!

I was freaking about Penny in Shri Lanka but checked Lizs post which said they left on the 22nd.....SO praying they did...such a beyond words horror over there

Happy December birthday to LTLs boy hope his wishes come true.what a smart boy to pick such a nice and cool mom!

I'll work on that Maggie

everyone!!!!
Old 12-27-2004, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!

I almost didn't! My computer was all messed up. I had to spend all of last night and this morning working on it but I got it working!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynxbehr
Mar - welcome chica!!!!! Don't mind the others..... some of these ole gals are almost as crazy and demented as you.... me for example also, it tends to come out in some of the others from time to time, although they won't admit it and I'm not mentioning any names.... ***coughVickicough***
I'll remember that! I'm not afraid....I know how most of em think especiall Vicki...she's a closet freak!

Quote:
Originally posted by DanieTreg
Mar - Lynxbehr reckons we are all a little mad, but I'm the worst, OK?
Sure...no problem!
Old 12-27-2004, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

Christmas went really well. Nice clear sunny (COLD) weather for driving. Everybody made it - with the exception of Mr ML's ne'er-do-well sister who managed somehow to break her ankle on Christmas eve! Maybe she tripped over one of her multiple stinky cats? (Her brother picked up her gifts from her to the party and then ferried gifts to her back down afterwards - nice brother.)

We brought guitars and I brought a whole rhythm band of instruments too (including actual jingle bells) and we sang Christmas carols for the first time in years and years and it was really nice. (I love to sing and hadn't had my guitar out in years.)

Giant turkey feast (27-lb turkey!!) - the whole works. Age wayyyy too much, and I can't eat that much anymore. Ugh! We got pretty nice stuff in the Yankee Swap - generally we end up taking home at least one of the gifts we brought, but not this year. :> I got a 'Master & Commander' DVD, which I haven't seen yet.

Poor Maggie a 23-hr trip across Canada!! - you almost could've walked there faster! But at least you made it, and your luggage made it, and you got there in time to have Christmas with your family.

I sent your Behr card to some of my friends LTF and they all liked it very much! :>

Hope everybody had a fabu Christmas! And up next... New Year's! (Well, and Jason's Birthday, of course). I guess Dick Clark isn't well enough to do his traditional duties this year, though, so they got Regis instead.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-27-2004, 05:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, I survived Christmas! And got good pressies too! Can you believe that the whole of Melbourne ran out of turkey? We had chicken instead that was good. It was cold at Pete's place, we actually had the fire on! Very strange...

I am now obsessed with Yatzee... it's all Pete's ex-wife's fault! We played it so many times that I dreamt about it!

Hope everyone is fairing well post-dec 25th!

Also, I hope that Mother Earth doesn't crack it again... it was a shock to turn on the TV and see the earthquake devistation! Very scary!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey JOF's and JIT's!!!

Happy to hear everyone had a great Christmas and that you're are warm at your homes!

all

You don't have to be crazy to be my friend.... But it sure helps!
Old 12-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

Glad our friends in Oz didn't get hit with the big waves. What a tragedy! Very worried about PennyLaine who was in Sri Lanka, but in the process of moving. I hope she's safe!!

What an amazing thing JB fandom is, that we have friends all around the world (to worry and care about)!

I took a 'snow day' yesterday. My bosses are off this week and we got a lot of snow and after floundering through the drifts in the wee hours of the morning walking the dog, I decided "The heck with this!" Very blessed that my brother-in-law/neighbor has a snow blower and is a teacher, so had the time off with nothing better to do than dig out the neighborhood - if I'd tried to dig out the driveway, sidewalks, etc, they would've found me dead, draped over a snow bank from shovelling, I'm sure. Just cleaning off the porch, the steps, the walk, the car (the car again after all the snow fell, off the roof and landed on it after I cleaned it off), the way to the oil fill ups on either sides of the house etc. And that just about did me in! Soo not in shape for this kind of thing.

Stayed home and cooked up hearty soups and stews all day to warm up the menfolk who had to slog to work yesterday and didn't get a snowday (although Mr ML Jr was hoping and hoping for the day off - no such luck!)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread