Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Podmom: Thank you for the great start to the thread!

And thank you for the Christmas Treats!

But while I was looking at the Jason pix that you included in the thread start... a very important question popped into my probably silly brain.... Giggle! How exactly does Jason manage to almost always have what looks like about the same amount of stubble when he has photographs taken of him? Does he purposely decide to shave the day before or a couple of days before when he is going to have photographs taken of him? Or does he have a special razor that trims his beard to the couple of days of stubble type whatever? My inquiring mind wants to know.

And mince pie without the meat... and without the suet... does sound like a good idea.

Mar: Welcome to the thread sweetie!

Mince pie is an old fashioned type of pie that is often served at Christmas. It's made with mincemeat and mincemeat is made from currants, raisons, apples, lemon and orange peel, beef, beef suet, brandy, wine and a whack of spices. It's one of those foods that people either really like... or really hate. I can only can eat it myself if I drown it in sweet white sauce... or vanila ice cream.

Vicki: Me thinks that Mar can handle any amount of hazing. Giggle! Hmmmm.... there may even be a possibility that she enjoys it.

Danie: That's great that you don't have to work on Christmas Eve!

VB: That's great that SMG is coming to Israel!!! That would be totally awesome if you get to meet her!

LTL: Dignity! Hey... who needs dignity... as long as we can have some fun!

And thank for the link to MariaB's Barbie Roswell Theater!

I was trying to explain the BRT to someone a few months back and went looking for a link and couldn't find one. It's great to see them again. I can remember MariaB telling us about how she had to explain to her daughter that the dolls dressed as Roswell characters were her Mother's toys.

And it is amazing just how many people were influenced by Roswell to get into creative type endeavors.

ML: Those were fun times when Roswell was new! And your poems were great!

And [[[HUGS]]] because it's zero degrees F where you are. BRRRRR!!! It's colder where you are then it is here! It's minus 17C about 1F here right now. Definitely is very cold!

to WildShpinx and The Kender!

Maggie
Old 12-22-2004, 05:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Ohhh, shiny new thread for me to bugger up! Hooray!!!

Congratulations to Mar on becoming a JIT! All the cool kids are doing it! But does this mean that I become a JOF in 2 1/2 years time? I'm so confused!

Latest news from Planet Myer: They rostered me on Boxing Day. Am I working it? No. It's not worth it... $9 extra an hour for the day is yucky. I had a little mental on the phone to them... silly people. I don't need an extra $9 per hour thanks... I'd rather meet my friends to see Phantom of the Opera... but thanks all the same! So this means I don't work until Jan 2nd now! YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! NO work at all next week.... guess who's going to be online...

Mum and I went food shopping today and it looks as though I'll be eating a bucket-load of wheat on Christmas Day (is there a 'fart smilie' here somewhere?)... gluten-free mince pies are so expensive and I don't think I can eat 6 to myself! Ahh well, it's one day right?
Old 12-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Danie I'd love to be online but I'll be up at the farm computerless.

I honestly don't know whether you'll be a JOF in 2 1/2 years. I think you have to have a maturity level of 30+ to be considered because I'm 32 and still a JIT. I can only conclude that it's my stupidity, goofiness and childish behaviour that have caused the powers that be to make me repeat my training at a lower level
Old 12-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey JOF's and JIT's!!!

How's everyone?
I have the most horroble cramps... My neck and back are joining arms against me! I just hope it'll go away quikly!

LTL, I remember hearing about that Barbie Roswell thing Just the thought about it makes me laugh! Thanks for bringing the link over!

ML, you know I'll try! Who knows if I'll get to see her no to mention actualy talk to her about Jason... But hey! I sure am going to try!

Quote:
Originly posted by Maggie aka Sarah:
How exactly does Jason manage to almost always have what looks like about the same amount of stubble when he has photographs taken of him? Does he purposely decide to shave the day before or a couple of days before when he is going to have photographs taken of him? Or does he have a special razor that trims his beard to the couple of days of stubble type whatever? My inquiring mind wants to know.
That is an interesting question! Something to ask hin next time someone gets the chance... It is knida wird when you think about it...

podmommy, Mar, Danie, mezz and everyone else!!!

You don't have to be crazy to be my friend.... But it sure helps!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Good question for Jason, how he maintains that perfect and consistent degree of stubble! LOL! I think there is a razor that only gives you stubble instead of a close shave - I think it came into fashion during "Miami Vice" when the white jacket, no socks, stubble look was first in style! LOL! (And anybody who dressed like that who wasn't Don Johnson looked like a complete idiot)

Safe travels to everyone going somewhere for Christmas! (especially you Maggie ). We're just going a hour north to Mr ML's sister's house in New Hampshire for the day.

Sorry you are crampy VB! Feel better!
:silver_hand:

Oh, hilarious, yesterday some very serious doctor was up in the office, talking to the young doctors - and he started relating a story about the son of friends, whose parents are Christian and Jewish - the boy went to Yale - and how he came up with a holiday that combined the two - and (yep) - he called it "Chrismukah"! I was trying really hard not to laugh and wanted to ask if this guy had ever heard of the show 'The O.C.'! But I'm sure he hasn't! I wonder if this Yale guy can sue O.C. and Swartz for infringing on the holiday he invented? ;p
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-22-2004, 07:07 PM
LTL
Master Fan

ML: Maybe the Yale guy is a writer on the show.

mezz: You've been flying under false colors! poddy -- JIT graduation alert!! Mezz has to fly up from the JITs on the rollcall and join the ancient ones on the JOFs.

Maggie: Excellent question about the non-shave -- there must be some trick to it. I wonder who we could pay to ask him that question?

Quote:
From Danie:
Ohhh, shiny new thread for me to bugger up!
Now there's an image I can't shake.

VB: Hope you're feeling better, and enjoy BRT!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

podmom - great intro....lots of yummy pix for Christmas treats...

Mar - welcome chica!!!!! Don't mind the others..... some of these ole gals are almost as crazy and demented as you.... me for example also, it tends to come out in some of the others from time to time, although they won't admit it and I'm not mentioning any names.... ***coughVickicough***

LTL, Veronicb, Wild, Myrna, Maggie, Danie, Mezz, and anyone else......

Happy Holidays to everyone! Hope you have joy and merriment into the new year!

Proud Obsessie #130!

"Does he belong to you?" Cop to Elizabeth, Jake's sister in Happily, Even After
"Max will always be a part of me..." Jason Behr at ComicCon 2004 .
Old 12-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Extreme Fan

LTL... You know that 'bugger' means something totally different here in Australia... 'bugger' as to 'stuff up'! Trust me, nothing sexual with the thread!

VB... oh cramps? Oh you poor thing... there is nothing worse! Get yourself a hot water bottle and some gin... trust me, it works with hot water, lemon and sugar.

Ohhh.... Mezzie HAS flown under the radar! Maybe it's because you're an Aussie and you have to wait until later? I'll be happy when I'm out of training! And Mezzie, The Bloke has decided that we are off to The Powerhouse to see the LoTR exhibition!

ML! What a classic! My neurologist is Jewish and sent me a letter wishing me a very happy and safe Christmas... I think we should all take part in every celebration... then there is no confusion! As I don't believe in New Years, I do Chinese New Year instead. In 2003 I asked the dragon for love and money and I got The Bloke, but no money! At least he got the most important part of my wish right! New Years is always so ho hum. Without fail I will get a phone call at 4am from one of my friends getting sad as she'll still single (and somewhat drunk) and Mum cursing the year that's just finished as the worst year ever! It's so not worth it!

Mar - Lynxbehr reckons we are all a little mad, but I'm the worst, OK?
Old 12-23-2004, 04:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DanieTreg
LTL... You know that 'bugger' means something totally different here in Australia... 'bugger' as to 'stuff up'! Trust me, nothing sexual with the thread!
Oh I hadn't even thought of that, being aussie

Quote:
Ohhh.... Mezzie HAS flown under the radar! Maybe it's because you're an Aussie and you have to wait until later? I'll be happy when I'm out of training! And Mezzie, The Bloke has decided that we are off to The Powerhouse to see the LoTR exhibition!
I'm pretty skilled at flying under the radar. That's why people think I'm so lovely .... they just don't know ......

LOTR exhibit sounds like a good idea Danie. Immediately i heard of it I thought of ML but I imagine that TK wants to see it too.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Mezzie, the exhibit is open every day until March! Perfect timing! Dad will be sending me the flight details soon, so I'm nearly all set!

Yes, I'm not going to really bugger the thread... honest.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Happy Holidays to All You Wonderful JIT's and JOF's!

Thank you Poddy for the Beautiful Thread Start! I just LOVE the way you decorate!!!

Am borrowing this from LongTimeFan aka Liz because I LOVE it soooo much!!! (Hope you don't mind Liz.

by LongTimeFan

love to all...
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 12-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Good to know that Aussies have a divergent meaning from the UK 'bugger' - heh heh. Although people will say something like "He's a cute little bugger" about a baby - and not mean that either!

Danie I am soo with you on New Year's being a really stupid holiday - if you don't go out drinking and dancing - there's no way to celebrate it. I am always at a loss on New Years and never been happy with our meager tradition (toasting with sparkling nonalcoholic something at midnight and watching the stupid ball fall down in NYC with the elderly Dick Clark). I think the Chinese New Year is much cooler - money, red envelopes, good luck. And that's when I first went out with Mr ML too. Year of the rooster coming - cockadoodledoo!

Thanks Wen Lovely Behr ball for Christmas from LTF - she is quite the artist!

I think I am the only person on the planet at work today.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey JOF's and JIT's!!!

The cramps are all gone! I feel like a baby for complaining about it but I hate it when I can't move my body the way I want! It's just so uncomfertable...
I had a nice long hot buth like so many people have sagested and this morning it was gone!

LTL, oh yea! I realy enjoied the BRT! It is too bad that she is shy about her obsession with Roswell! What is so wrong about loving a certin TV show??? I'll never get those people!

ML, Chrismukah! That is just funny!
I didn't get The O.C. thing 'cause I can't watch it but the name is just funny! I think I'll stay with the regular names though... Too wird!
Isarelians realy love New Year's Eve! People around here alway look for a reson to party and New Year's is just pefect for that... But you're right if you don't drink then it's just an other evening...

Lynx, Danie, mezz, Wen and everyone else!!!
Marry Christmas all!!!

You don't have to be crazy to be my friend.... But it sure helps!
Old 12-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Wendy already shared my other holiday greeting. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!!
“I’m drawn more towards independent-minded things because I think that’s where the most interesting stories are. But, it doesn’t really matter to me if it’s a big-budget thing, or a small little bare-bones movie that I have to pay to be in. For me, it’s more about the story and the character than anything else.”
~ Jason Behr
Old 12-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Ohh, the last shopping day til Christmas... ahhh hell.