Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 03:25 AM
Extreme Fan

ML, one of the boys who plays for our Footy team here in Melbourne is one of the 10 Australians missing. He was on his honeymoon, (he'd only been married a week) in Thailand. The reports state that he was swimming in the ocean with his wife when the tsunami hit. He threw her on to some neighbouring rocks and disappeared. It's been three days now, I think he's gone. He is only 24 years old.
There are already 8 Aussies dead.

I really hope that PennyLaine is ok. I have lots of friends with family in Sri Lanka too, so I hope they are all safe.

On a lighter note, I finally watched the Japanese version of The Grudge. Very different but excellent all the same!
Old 12-29-2004, 03:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Happy Holidays..... sending a David Carr pix that I finally learned how to download so you guys can see the 'other' man I drool over....
Proud Obsessie #130!

"Does he belong to you?" Cop to Elizabeth, Jake's sister in Happily, Even After
"Max will always be a part of me..." Jason Behr at ComicCon 2004 .
Old 12-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

a second pix that I like of David.....

BTW all pix of David are from NFL.com
Proud Obsessie #130!

Old 12-29-2004, 04:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I went to Tamara Reynolds photography site to see if I could find the photo of David Carr in the People mags sexiest pro quarterback and this one is the only one I found. The only differences are both his legs are stretched out, and his right arm is slung over his left leg, making him lean towards the camera and giving a hint of exposed tummy.... yum...

Proud Obsessie #130!

Old 12-29-2004, 04:04 AM
Master Fan

^um... ok..so he just got a lot hotter to me!
Old 12-29-2004, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Since we're all posting hotties, I think I'll drop off some goodies too, of the one and only David Beckham. Warning, gorgeous man coming through!

David with the long hair. Not so recent. About two or three years ago.

Very recent photo. The man is just too sexy!

Lynxbehr, loving that David Carr pic! But this David, is way more sexier!!!

Crystal
Old 12-29-2004, 05:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi de hi JOFs and JITs.

Poddy are you saying that if I become a JOF I have to start doing housework!!!!!!! I'm staying a JIT.

had a good time up at the farm. this Christmas was sooooooo much better than last Christmas. No tears this year. The Step was very well behaved. I even got good pressies. And Australia didn't go up again in bushfires. It was quite a relief to have a cool Christmas and I'm sure all the fire-ries were glad to have their first Christmas at home in 3 years.

The event of the farm at the moment was that dad is trying to get a bull on the cows. A friend said, 'take my bull. He's placid and free....' so against his better judgement dad did. They brought the bull to the farm. He leapt over the side wall of the carrier, got stuck on the top, front legs out, back legs in. Worked until he could slide himself over (we are now questioning whether he's still able to carry out his bull duties after squashing everything so badly ). He ran into the paddock, jumped the fence, ran through the next paddock, saw the cows coming towards him, ran straight through the fence and disappeared. The guy who transported the bull said, 'well that's unexpected'. The bull was next seen 3 days later, then 3 days after that. He is now hiding in the bush in the neighbours property. As dad said, "I've heard of people having trouble keeping the bull out of the cow paddock but never of a bull who runs away from the cow paddock."

When dad told the story to the bull owner he replied, "Don't worry about it. He'll come home eventually. When I first got my farm I looked after a ladies goat herd. They completely disappeared, the whole lot of 'em. Couldn't find them anywhere. Then 3 months later there they all were back in the paddock. I rang up the lady and said, 'Hey your goats are here ready to be picked up."

Isn't it amazing how natural disasters always seem to happen at Christmas. I wonder why? Can you believe that the earth plate moved 10 metres? Can't even begin to get my mind around it.

Apparently the quake was so big that the world shuddered on its axis. My cuz says that it's about time we had our next ice age so maybe this is the beginning If the earth changed it's position then the weather will change dramatically and the family in Melbourne will have to move up to Sydney to get out of the snow. Hmm, what other terrifying rumours can we start .....

And in the spirit of education let me help the yanks amongst us to understand Aussie slang.....

Maggie - you certainly had yourself one bugger of a trip to Canada huh. Glad you made it safe.

ML I wasn't expecting you to be celebrating both Hunakah and Christmas. Is that because you just do or because you have mixed family?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:32 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Lynx and JasonsL4L Thanks for the hottie football guys Good work!

Mezz Sure you can stay immature for as long as you like so many in my family do! Glad this Chrissy was way better than last! The bull story is a hoot.poor old guy.....adding insult to injury....he's too embarrased to come home yet

The Tsuname horror is way too much to process

all
Old 12-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by podmom
Thanks for the hottie football guys
David Carr's the football guy. David Beckham's the soccer guy!

Quote:
Originally posted by podmom
The Tsuname horror is way too much to process
Tell me about it. I still can't believe it happened. So many people lost their lives. It's absolutely terrible!

Crystal
Old 12-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Supreme Fan

DaNG! Are we playing WERE'S JASON again? I couldn't find him anywhere. Must be hiding real good!

Podmom: I sent you a PM!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Mezz we don't technically celebrate Christmas ourselves (or in our house) - we just go and enjoy watching all Mr ML's family celebrating Christmas. And okay, sometimes if called upon to help out with the guitar playing or singing (or the eating of turkey or unwrapping of gifts), we'll do that too. But we are only there as neutral observers! (Sort of like how we went to all those Catholic weddings to support the bride and groom - but it doesn't make us Catholic.)

Danie I'm so sorry to hear about the brave young footballer swept away on his honeymoon - and what a guy, to toss his bride to safety! :< That's such a sad story.

Sad story with the photo of the little Swedish boy on the front pages today, who lost his parents and his brothers while they were on holiday. There he is - a little boy all by himself in a foreign land and an orphan. :< Sooo many sad stories!

But it does sort of irk me, the coverage, that somehow makes it sound worse that 12 Americans died than the 55,000-100,000 brown and yellow people who lived in those places - like when any white people get killed, that somehow makes it worse (and the rest of those people don't really matter!) - that really burns me up. But I realize it's just the whole 'brings it home thing', the way they report local war casualities in the state where the person lived or whatever. Still - comes off as really callous and racist.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-29-2004, 06:25 PM
LTL
Master Fan

Hey, JOFS and JITS!

Glad everyone here had a safe Christmas -- no snow to clog the roads, no fires to smoke up the celebrations.

Except Maggie: Yikes -- sorry you got caught in that weather mess. What a trek!

Like everyone else, I'm still reeling from the tsunami news. I have the front page of the Washingon (DC) Post newspaper as my home page, and every time I open my browser it seems the death toll has gone up. Not to mention all the disease and chaos that await the survivors.

Danie: So sorry for the loss of your footballer. So many tragedies.

ML: I had the same reaction to all the coverage of the Westerners in Thailand, but it's true, the local aspect does make it seem more real. It's just too big to process the whole thing. However, in the past few years there have been quakes in the Mideast, killing 20,000 each, that barely made a ripple in our news.

Crystal, Lynx: Thanks for the pix of your lovely Davids -- just the right pick-me-up!

podmom: Thanks for the b-day wishes for #2 son. He was my best Christmas present ever. (#1 son was born Labor Day weekend -- not so funny after the 12th hour...)
Old 12-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Troy, our lovely footballer boy has still not been found. I must stop watching Sky News and CNN... it just makes me wanna cry. Death toll is now up to 10 Aussies.

Mezzie, glad there were no tears at Christmas!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Vicki*
DaNG! Are we playing WERE'S JASON again? I couldn't find him anywhere. Must be hiding real good!
I think if you look really hard, he's in the background somwhere but I'm not sure!

Um..ok am I the only one who doesn't really think that Beckham is all that? I mean he's cute but I don't know...I think I haven't given the man the time!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:44 AM
LTL
Master Fan

Mar: Since you bring it up, I think long-haired Beckham is much more appealing than short-haired Beckham. Wouldn't give short-haired DB a second look if it weren't for that -- ahem -- interesting tattoo on his right arm.

And speaking of CNN, Dr. Sanjay Gupta was looking mighty fine in his jeans and white collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up, one of my favorite outfits on a man.

That was a nice distraction amidst the horror stories -- the personal stories are almost worse than the rising numbers. I had to turn away from some of them -- chicken-hearted, I know, when people are living through it, but I just couldn't do it.

Just had to re-post one of Kinsey's scanned photos from the top of the thread.