Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Tum
Total Fan

Hey Maxi I will for sure!! Good to see you! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Podmom [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] You are a hoot. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Can't wait for part 2!!

Heya Hoodie [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[ 05-05-2004: Message edited Tum ]
Old 05-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey back at 'ya, Tummy!

Good to see you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi JOFs!

This is what I was trying to post last night... but couldn't. Probably because the board was moving. Hey... I state the obvious well, eh.

And note that now page 5 from the old board is some other page. Giggle.

I have been trying to catch up reading the thread tonight and keep on getting a message board overloaded message for pages 2 to 4 but can open page 5 for some reason. Maybe it's related to the new server whatever that will be happening shortly.

Any ways... here are my SOs for page 5.

Podmom: It was great seeing you in NYC!!!

You totally ROCK!

I love your reports! Hoodie has it right.... Podmom Takes On Manhattan And Makes Friends Everywhere!

That was totally cool that when the cabbie got lost you bumped into Mar!

I am so very glad that you decided to come to Tribeca!!! Hanging out together did feel like a normal every day experience... but at the same time was very very very special... because we usually hang out together on line rather then in person. Was very nice to talk in person. We are just going to have to get together again.

And thank you for the compliments on my pics!

I am really glad that the group pic turned out, because I snapped it really really quickly. Oh and I have another nice photograph of you that I still have to upload and post.

I am looking forward to seeing your photographs!

ML: I hope your back is feeling better now.

It was totally amazing to see Jason on two consecutive nights and actually talk with The Man. I only babbled a bit. Okay... so I even told him that I was babbling. Giggle. Jason is amazing polite and gentle with his fans. I have the feeling at that he is shy himself at times, so that makes him even more gentle. Oh and his voice is so sweetly soft and husky. Oh and when I told him how much I enjoyed all his work and thanked him... he thanked me for supporting him and put his arm around me. Again.... I know that I am repeating myself all around the boards... but it behrs repeating, eh.

It was a great feeling that we... as fans... were doing something to help Jason's career. The people working at the Tribeca Film Festival definitely noticed our presence and so did the press I feel. There was a guy from the press sitting in front of us on Monday and the woman from the LA Times who talked with Scottie on Tuesday. I also noticed several people from the media entering the Lush Lounge when I was outside being bad and having a cigerette.

And the guy sitting behind us on Monday, said that he came to see H,EA because he had bumped into so many people who had come from out of town to see the film, so he was curious.

The OC season finale was very good! But very very sad. Sigh. I have absolutely no idea how all the different very difficult situations are going to be dealt with next year. Also am very very worried... even though he is a fictional character... about Seth going out into the ocean on a smallish catamarin.

Nosee: Thank you for the poem in honour of our NYC Behr Hunt!

LTL: It was great to see you again! I really enjoyed eating lunch with you on Monday.

Maggie

to Jason's Angel, Maxi, Tum and Tigereyes!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

hi JOFers!

Maggie Major s love...me too.I SO enjoyed getting to visit with you in person...you are a very special woman and I do hope and will work toward getting together with you and ML and hopefully some of our other JOF friends at the next extravaganza .kindred spirits is what we all are!!!..I came home to problems.what else is new .my mom got the shingles and instead of us all going down I went alone on mothers day so I could stay over and go to the docrs with her(she had already been to the er with my bro cause it is around her eye,they gave her an anti viral so hopefully that will retard complications of the eye)then when I came home Mon Em was running a high fever(she and then I were so afraid it was the mono coming back....went to doc today he and webmd say it is rare for that this soon so hopefully it is just a bad virus(strep spot came back-) I am praying she recovers soon cause NOW is when the AP tests are done(she got sick cause she was up late studying all wk and then did a sleep over Fri then went out and bowling Sat(germs) and was cold she said that night.so obviously run down.but now is senior fun time at school and prom soon so I want her to get into the fun after all her hard work! Yuch.all that plus this weird new sceen is keeping me from posting more tales and pix.but I will eventually!.......
Old 05-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Podmom sorry about your Mom (would she be 'PodMomMom'?) and hope the shingles subside. Mr ML's Mom got those once and I guess they are quite painful (as what they are is chicken pox along your nerves/inside instead of outside, basically).

And Em being sick, too! Poor kid - those germs sure find the absolutely worst time to strike, don't they? Sending her a get well and :silver_hand:.

School is suddenly wrapping up! I found out MLette is done this Friday! For some reason I thought this was the studying week and next week was finals week - probably something to do with a certain Behr making me a little dizzy in the head this week (oh who are we kidding, I'm a dizzy dame a lot these days!) So we'll be moving her and all her stuff home this weekend and we'll have a full house again.

Back seems to be slowly on the mend but needless to say, I'm not going to be lugging anything during her move! Hate feeling so useless - I couldn't even carry in the groceries last night. I am generally NOT the helpless female type! Oh well - gotta get strong (like Jason) Strong looks so much better on that man... sigh! Now I know where that expression "hard body" comes from!

Off to edit my pictures! It's taking an amazing time to get this stuff together!

Hoodie LOL! It did cross my mind about Jason grabbing my shoulder so hard to get me into photo posing position (he is SO strong) but I don't believe he hurt my back! (Jason would never hurt me! )

Think it was just carrying more stuff than I'm used to, walking/standing more than I'm used to, and especially sleeping bent up in a lot of bizarre positions riding home on the bus that probably did it.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 05-12-2004 at 12:34 PM
Old 05-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

I go away for a bit and ya'll turn the thread into The BeeGee Thread ??

Sheesh!

Thanks to Tum and Liz for keeping ya'll updated. And thanks to you guys for all your thoughts and prayers.

My Dad now has a leaky valve that has to be replaced. They want to wait 8 weeks before they do that surgery, to give his heart a chance to heal from the first surgery. The man is 78 years old. Anyway, we just have to fight congestive heart failure until then.

Here's the songlist from HEA that I posted on the HEA thread.

Happily Even After
Featuring
Original music by
KID GALAHAD

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (Opening credits)
Kid Galahad
Written by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Arranged and Performed by Ash Bull & Dave Ody
Produced by Graham Shrimpton & Kid Galahad
Engineered by Graham Shrimpton
Copyright, Kid Galahad 2003
Recorded at Studio Three*Sixty

Taking Over
Kid Galahad
Written by Dave Ody
Performed by Kid Galahad
Produced by Kid Galahad
Mastered by Graham Shrimpton
Published by Kid Galahad & Hotbed

Strange Day (Katie’s Song)
Kid Galahad
Written by Ash Bull
Violin by Peter Mayer
Backing vocals by Megan McCoul
Co-Arranged with Dave Ody
Performed by Kid Galahad

Strange Day (Instrumental)
Kid Galahad
Written by Ash Bull
Violin by Peter Mayer
Backing vocals by Megan McCoul
Co-Arranged with Dave Ody
Performed by Kid Galahad

Wish You Were Here (Jakes Song)
Kid Galahad
Written by Paul Seaman
Performed by Kid Galahad

Medicine (jakes Song)
Kid Galahad
Written by Paul Seaman
Performed by Kid Galahad

I’ll be The One (End Scene)
Kid Galahad
Written by Dave Ody
Performed by Kid Galahad

Makes Me Smile
Kid Galahad
Written by Ash Bull & Dave Ody
Performed by Kid Galahad
Produced by Kid Galahad

Arizona Bay (Theatre Music)
Kid Galahad
Written by Dave Ody
Performed by Kid Galahad
Produced by Kid Galahad
Published by Kid Galahad & Hotbed Music
http://threesixtyrecords.net/happily.html

Enjoyed reading all the stories and seeing all the pics from the festival!
Reached up and I caught it at your chin
Licked my fingertips~
DMB
Old 05-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Behrfanny Hope they can fix the leaky dad and he's well again soon!

Thanks for this playlist for HEA. The music for the film was really excellent - I didn't realize Kid Galahad had done the 'quieter' pieces as well as the more rock n roll parts of the score. A lot of people commented in the Q&A about the music.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-13-2004, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

ML ....if I don't look like JBs mom there no one does ... ....I need to tell Kinsey to come and look at that

Seems like way less activity here(and it was pretty slow before)...the other day when I tried to get on it was off....has FF just come back recently?

anyhoo ...Good to see you bf I've know a few pps that had that operationn and all did well and felt much better afterwards...........thanks for the HEA song info!!!

I have got to get my pix up...i am going to really pay attention so I learn how and can do it myself in the future..boy I never did finish my tale...........have we all moved on ?.I better go check things out and see whats up..TTFN all
Old 05-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

I don't think you look like JB's old mom, I think you look beautiful in that picture Poddy - especially love the pink and the blue colors in that one - nice composition! Then again, JB's mom is quite beautiful too (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and all that - how do you like them apples? - we like her little apple very very much! He's the apple of our eye, in fact) Oh I'm glad you're back! You are unleashing my inner riffing Beat poet!

I don't think we've moved on with our Tribeca Tales yet - I hope not! I am hoping to get my tale with pix posted soon - I have it all typed up, just was waiting to get the pix out. Kind of wanted to wait too because the new board was sort of slow and cranky at first, but it seems to be picking up speed.

Did I whine here about very laboriously dowloading all my pix to disks and having one of the disks (with most of the pix on it) die the very next day? Very unhappy about that. Computer stuff - very untrustworthy! I have to do it all over again - and I am very very bad about doing things more than once. sigh.

Except for going to see Jason, of course! I would be happy to do that over and over again!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

...pretending this is *the electric cool aid acid bus*....for our Keesyesch ML

Good to see you too ML I actually think that is a good pic of me too(now they all come as a shock these days) you did good kid! I meant more the age and the activity I wonder where our girl Kinsey is anyway? Ackk that one of me on the path train I am still in deep horror over that.....it actualy is THE worse pic ever taken of me and it is all over the world .........I might have to post a podgirl pic just to recover in some fassion.

Good you didn't post your saga yet...I want to read it! I'll finish mine then....probably tonight.

Have you been around here Maggie ? You took some great pix! I have seen some on the obsessies..I have to go pic hunting too tonight and see what I've been missing

Hola.........Tum,Wild,bf,ML,Hoodie,Sarz,Vicki,Jero,Groundhog,Nosee,Maxed,Cherie.I know I'm forgetting pps.......hope you are all still out there!
Old 05-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

...I guess I'm tripping ...that was a bus!
Old 05-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Podmom:

I'm here! Just dealing with some really silly boring stuff right now. Will be back a bit later to catch up.

Thank you for the compliments on my pics!

I have lots and lots more pics to post from our time in NYC and NJ.

Am planning to edit them this weekend.

We did have a great time, eh! I keep on thinking about how much fun we had just hanging out together and end up smiling.

Maggie
Old 05-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Passionate Fan

ML: Thank you for posting the photograph of Podmom and the ever important ironing board.

It's good to hear that your back is getting better.

Your MLette is finished with college for the year. Time has really flown by fast this year, eh.

And I am looking forward in anticipation to reading your illustrated Tribeca report.

Behrfanny: It's great to see your pixels sweetie.

My thoughts and prayers are still with your father and you and your family.

And thank you for posting the song list from H,EA. Kid Galahad's music is really good. And it is interesting to find out that they did some of the slower pieces as well.

Podmom: We definitely are going to have to get together again! I had a great time hanging out with you guys!

Kindred spirits, etc., etc. The older I get the more I find that I value kindred spirits and nice people. Yep... I had an awesome time in NYC hanging out with nice people, seeing HEA and meeting Jason. Yep... it is a very nice feeling to know that you have found your Pod!

Of course we are still interested in your tale of your Tribeca experiences. Hey... I may even manage to post more myself.

You look beautiful in that pic... so don't talk yourself down young lady!

Both your Mom and your Em are ill! That is a lot of RL stuff to deal with. Hope that they both get better soon.

[[[[HUGS]]]]... just because sweetie...

And of course that smilie was a bus!

Kool Aid you said, eh.

to Tum, Hoodie, Kinsey and Vicki!

Maggie
Old 05-14-2004, 06:01 AM
LTL
Master Fan

Saw that Behrfanny was showing up in this neck of the woods, so I dropped in to say Hope you have a good day and some time to yourself for a change.

I wish the boards would settle down so I could visit in more places. Every time I have time to post, it slows down to an agonizing snail's pace. It's also messing up the Tribeca stories and pix. All those pretty pix from last weekend disappeared.

podmom: Great pic of you with your board!

Good to see you, ML and Maggie!

Tum! I keep missing you!

I'm going to try to catch up this weekend.

Old 05-14-2004, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

LTL ......Thanks for stopping.I KNOW.RL has been a pain AND FF has been a double pain........good to see you!!! I really wish we had gotten to hang some!! I might just have to drive that awful Baltimore beltway and visit you ..............BUT most of all thanks for the headsup on bfs Bday!!

Behrfanny .....I hope it is nice and you get to have a peaceful day .you deserve it!!!

I miss you and Tum I hope RL lets you both have a breather now and again and we get to see you more

Maggie I can't wait to see all your pix! As well as hear your thoughts on it all.............we did have such a nice time

I hope all my JOFers here and not here

ML

Last edited by podmom; 05-14-2004 at 07:07 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread