Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Sarz I see a bit of a resemblance with your sis.......way to lure us onto the dark side you little [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

MLPMd you back
Old 05-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Rode down to the bus depot and got my bus ticket (and timed the trip). I should be in NYC 11:30 a.m. Monday, opted for the early bus to make it to the lunch. I'll figure out something with the suitcase but they probably won't let me bring it to the movie! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Freshening up/napping is always an option, although the movie is fairly early. I hope to check out that mall near the hotel sometime too - love a good mall! :>

I started to watch the Kentucky Derby on TV, watched all the handsome horses prance out to the gate - fell fast asleep, woke up, and the race was over! LOL!

Sarzy-sister and beau make a nice couple. Esp approve of his choice of team shirts! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 05-01-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Tum
Total Fan

Hey JOF's anyone remember me? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Myrna, Pod, Maggie/Sar and all going to to NY for Tribeca!! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] So excited for you all. [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

So much to catch up on this thread!!

First of all Congrats to McAnt and how exciting for you. Do tell how the family is? Will they come? What kind of a wedding are you having, a big splash or a private little romantic do? Hope we get to see pix of the McCouple!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Podmom I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the pix you posted for her and all the Dreamer kisses. I still get little tingles when I see them together.

Lynxbehr Sounds wonderful about the 35th Anniversary.

You are not the only one out of the loop. I have been so MIA except for brief little pop-ins and believe it or not have not seen all the new Jason pix so if anyone wants to put any on this thread I sure wouldn't complain. Lately I don't even get anywhere else. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Vicki I got your pm so "after the fact" that there was no sense to write you back, but I sure did appreciate it and yes, we'll have to do that soon. Thanks for thinking of me. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Sarzy I love your nicknames but particularly JIT that really made me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
btw Gator is Yum!!

Speaking of nicknames, Poddy Slackers is a good one. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's not intentional!!

Dreamer Wonderful Vids as usual. What a talent. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] to Anna and Danie [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Update on behrfanny's dad. He had 4 shocks to his heart and was pretty warn out but it seems that's done the trick. She's back and forth helping them out and I'm sure she's exhausted but relieved.

Gotta jet again but at least I had a few minutes to give a little SO.

Hey guys..what's a gallon. jus kiddin

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] ...later
Old 05-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tum:
<STRONG>Hey JOF's anyone remember me? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Vicki I got your pm so "after the fact" that there was no sense to write you back, but I sure did appreciate it and yes, we'll have to do that soon. Thanks for thinking of me. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] ...later</STRONG>

Tum? Is that really you? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] Get your rearend back here! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tum and any other Bee Gees fans: Lastest news from their camp......

As we mentioned in a previous news bulletin, Barry and Robin Gibb will be busy this month picking up their CBE's and accepting honours from Manchester University. Robin is also busy making plans for some exciting musical ventures later this year. His management team can at this point lift only a small corner of the veil, but as more plans come to fruition additional information will be posted as soon as possible. Robin hopes that all Bee Gees fans will be looking forward to his forthcoming projects as much as he is.

From Buckingham Palace to the White House

Robin has been asked to perform a couple of songs at the 2004 Indepence Day (July 4th) concert - "A Capitol Fourth" - which is held on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. This free concert (no tickets are necessary) is also broadcast live by PBS across the nation. Once confirmed more details will be posted on the RG.com website or forum.

In Symphony

Robin and his management team are in the middle of putting together a short concert tour for this autumn. At the moment, concerts are being negotiated, at a number of prestigious, yet intimate, venues. Robin will be accompanied by his band and a 25-piece orchestra!! It goes without saying that once contracts are finalised all details will be posted on RG.com, in good time to allow everyone to purchase tickets for this unique series of performances. Moreover, an effort will be made to accommodate Robin's loyal fans. So do make sure to keep checking his website/forum for updates over the next weeks and months.

Dwina Murphy-Gibb signs with major agency

Robin's wife, Dwina, has just signed with two literary, film and television agents at one of the longest-established literary agencies in the world! Her new Irish play "The Last Confession", is having a reading in Dublin in June with Director Andy Hinds and Producer Georgeanne Heller, with a view to production next year in the UK and USA. As previously mentioned, "The Star Child" is being prepared for a theatrical production, but a book publication will follow too. And of course you can still tune in to Manx Radio to listen to Dwina's irresistably humorous "Gabby Aggies" stories.

Info courtesy of www.robingibb.com

Old 05-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Addicted Fan

I still can't fully appreciate any news on the BeeGees, I have yet to recover from Maurice's death. Man that was so sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Nice to see ya Tum Tum!!

Wassup JOFers?! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Tum
Total Fan

Sarz-JIT I know, that was such a shock. I was devasted about Andy and still not quite over it. They have had such tragedy. Oh yeh, they did sing that one too. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Vic Thanx for the info on the BeeGees. WTG to Robin!! He's always been my fave with that warbly (sp) voice. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Tum!!!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] good to see you..you slacker you [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ...I know you're not a slacker!.....You are the one and only Tum the very first JOF whom we [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]......Hey you and Vicki must be members of ...is that a classic pic or what [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

tell bf we're happy her dad is getting better and we miss her [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Sarz [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Well I used my head(takes a while [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) and I'm going to skip the Path train thing and go up later and take a taxi to the Tribeca grill and just put a couple things in a small bag big purse kinda thing and skip the stress.....I don't need anything but PJs ..I'll just where the same thing next day.I'm leaving tue anyway.....feeling much better about it now......so you and I ML will be getting to the Tribeca Grill at the same time.....I'll probably be a bit early and be walking around there for awhile.....writing this boring stuff for ML..I know it must be riviting for the rest of you [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

will probably stop back once more before I go [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Well, I'm packed, got $ out of the bank, so I guess I'm ready to go! And much less panicky than I was before I accomplished those two tasks. MLette was a big help - she's the queen of packing. Well, all she said was "Let's pack!" and go upstairs with me and lie on my bed and read a magazine while I pulled things out of the closet but.. it helped. For some reason, I really hate packing!

Oh and when we went to the bank, they were having this really cool street festival in Harvard Square - surprise! - they'd closed off all the roads, set up booths - too bad it had just started raining and they were closing it all down, but we strolled around a little and got a plate of these amazing sweet potato chips with sort of maple/butter syrup over them. Major yumminess! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Was wondering why the heck I'm going down to Tribeca when all this cool stuff is happening right at home - the film festival and also was artists Open Studio weekend all around my town this weekend and the Walk for Hunger was today too - but then I remembered why...

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh yeh.... gotta go see my beautiful boy and his wonderful film!

[ 05-02-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

hey ML..I'm off to the bank machine now...well packing for me will be easy..just about nothing..so haven't done it yet [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

See you tomorrow.....those chips sound great!
Old 05-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Ahhhhh old school Barry Gibb, thanx Poddy! Is it wrong that I find him hot? Even now, he's like 65 or something, and he's still a sexy bitch. Plus you know, he grew up in Australia so we have a connection. I'm sick. [img]smilies/crazy.gif[/img]

Off you go ML and Poddy--How many times must I say 'have fun and be safe' before it gets redundant?

That was rhetorical.

Have fun and be safe!

[ 05-02-2004: Message edited sarzy ]
Old 05-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Tum
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy:
<STRONG>Ahhhhh old school Barry Gibb, thanx Poddy! Is it wrong that I find him hot? Even now, he's like 65 or something</STRONG>
Oh for shame you little JIT!!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You made me go look this up, I knew he couldn't be that old.
Barry Gibb (September 1, 1947) Not even 57 yet!! Hrrrmph!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] He's so young..you'll realize that when you become a full blown JOF. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Poddy Have a blast and thanx for the BeeGee pix. Oh the good ole 70's.. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

So this is where Tum is at [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Podmom [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] have fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Vicki [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 05-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by podmom:
<STRONG>Tum!!!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] good to see you..you slacker you [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ...I know you're not a slacker!.....You are the one and only Tum the very first JOF whom we [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]......Hey you and Vicki must be members of ...is that a classic pic or what [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Confession time... I was and still am a member. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Although mostly it's done on line now. I actually have that fan club kit. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It was from the late 70's early 80's. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy:
<STRONG>Ahhhhh old school Barry Gibb, thanx Poddy! Is it wrong that I find him hot? Even now, he's like 65 or something, and he's still a sexy bitch. Plus you know, he grew up in Australia so we have a connection. I'm sick. [img]smilies/crazy.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Nope! I think he is only 55-56. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

OOPs! I see Tum answered. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Off to dig up some younger photos of Barry. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

"stayin' alive, stayin' alive.. wo-oh-oh-oh stayin ALIVE" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Gnite, m'dears! Be back Wednesday night or maybe Thurs.
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Extreme Fan

JOF's excuse me for so rudely barging in on your thread. But, I am a majorly addicted Behrian and I am &lt;cough, cough&gt; older.....

Tum, I had to go hunting all over FF to find you. So this is where you are hiding out. I thought maybe some young hottie had whisked you away and that's why we haven't heard from you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Vicki, true confessions, eh? Didn't the BeeGees have the whitest smiles in rockdom? Their smiles were blinding.

To all you Tribeca-bound JOFs, have a wonderful time!

[ 05-02-2004: Message edited Tekgirl ]