Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh I'm so sorry. I hope I didn't spoil yeah that much. Even if you know a lot of what happens, it's still an interesting read. Leave FF right now and go read it this minute, so we can discuss it in better detail.

LiveJournal
Old 09-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAFreak (View Post)
I really like the books better than the movies, now that I've started to read them. I love all the extra Snape stuff that's not in the movies... Like the Valentine's Day thing in Chamber of Secrets... Why on earth did they leave that out? I thought that was one of the best parts!
Glad you're enjoying the books

I've never really been a big fan of the movies but then I realised I was approaching them expecting them to be just like the book, which I guess is unreasonable because there's just SO much stuff they'd never be able to fit it in. Now I try to think of the movies and books as being very separate to avoid disappointment! It is a shame though when some little moments in the books which you loved are left out. And some scenes I would think would obviously be in the movies are left out.

There are a couple of things that if they miss out of the HBP film I'll have a hissy fit. You've been warned

Kat | icon |
Old 09-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Master Fan

Well, I know much of everything that happens... So we could still discuss. I am so mad that Snape dies!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAFreak (View Post)
Well, I know much of everything that happens... So we could still discuss. I am so mad that Snape dies!
It was a good death though, not chiche like it could have been. I was at least happy about that, thank God. I really need to reread the 7th book, perhaps over Thanksgiving break, because I read through it so quickly, I was obsessed, that I know I missed a lot of things. I'll probably go back every couple of years and read all of them over again because they are such amazing books. I still can't believe the written series has actually ended. It seems so unreal.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
It was a good death though, not chiche like it could have been. I was at least happy about that, thank God. I really need to reread the 7th book, perhaps over Thanksgiving break, because I read through it so quickly, I was obsessed, that I know I missed a lot of things. I'll probably go back every couple of years and read all of them over again because they are such amazing books. I still can't believe the written series has actually ended. It seems so unreal.
That's exactly how I was! I'm re-reading the 7th now and there are so many little things that I missed the first time around, and I'm like 'omg I don't remember that the first time around' it's because now I'm not so rushed trying to read it all, all obsessed and stuff...so it's really good to be able to re-read it and catch things you didn't get the first time around
Old 09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, every time I reread the books, I find tidbits that I didn't realize were there the first time I read them.
I definitely have to reread the 7th book one of these days. I read it way too fast, so I don't catch everything. I'm also starting to forget certain things from the plot. HP is like food, we must savor to get the best out of it.

LiveJournal
Old 09-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy (View Post)
Yeah, every time I reread the books, I find tidbits that I didn't realize were there the first time I read them.
I definitely have to reread the 7th book one of these days. I read it way too fast, so I don't catch everything. I'm also starting to forget certain things from the plot. HP is like food, we must savor to get the best out of it.
Exactly! That's how I was feeling about it too lol. After I read it in the summer I started re-reading from the beginning. I read The first 3 and then I couldn't take it any longer I had to go back and read the 7th cause unlike all the other books I was starting to forget it
Old 09-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definietly need to read book 7 because I sped through it so quickly. There are still bits of the plot I don't quite understand

Kat | icon |
Old 09-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Absolute Fan

One of my cousin's asked me a question about the plot and I just drew a blank. I was like "Ummmm....well you see...ummmm....what did happen???"

LiveJournal
Old 09-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

I read mine very quick too and I want to start re-reading it again. It was so good, I just have to set aside time.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Supreme Fan

It's very funny that all of us did similar things by reading it too quickly. It shows the hold that Harry Potter has over all of us. I wanted to read it slowly, especially since it was the last book, but each chapter kept me moving and I looked at the clock and it was 2:30am and I was done with the book, and very sad.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Absolute Fan

One of my friends took really long to read it. Every time I called her, she was like on chapter 5 or 10. I couldn't wait for her to finish so that we could talk about it, but she really wanted to savor the book. I got so angry with her. If it was me, I would have not slept and just finished it the next day.

LiveJournal
Old 09-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The same thing happened with me and my cousin we got our books on the same day and I finished it in a day but she took a few weeks to finish hers it was so annoying cause I needed someone to discuss the book with!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 09-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy (View Post)
One of my cousin's asked me a question about the plot and I just drew a blank. I was like "Ummmm....well you see...ummmm....what did happen???"
Hee, I was talking about it with my mum and we both realised there are certain things we just didn't get at all because we were speeding through it. If I didn't quite understand something I just figured it must make sense because JKR knows what she's doing, so I let it go

Kat | icon |
Old 09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kat- (View Post)
Hee, I was talking about it with my mum and we both realised there are certain things we just didn't get at all because we were speeding through it. If I didn't quite understand something I just figured it must make sense because JKR knows what she's doing, so I let it go
I know what you mean. I figured that I would go back some other time and reread it closer, but it would all make sense anyway because it's JKR.

LiveJournal
Closed Thread   Post New Thread