Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is what happened:

Quote:
Salman Rushdie:

Until the events of Volume 6, it was always made plain that Snape might have been an unlikable fellow but he was essentially one of the good guys. Dumbledore himself had always vouched for him. Now we are suddenly told that Snape is a villain and Dumbledore's killer. We cannot, or don't want to believe this. Our theory is that Snape is in fact, still a good guy, from which it follows that Dumbledore can't really be dead and that the death is a ruse cooked up between Dumbledore and Snape to put Voldemort off his guard so that when Harry and Voldemort come face to face, Harry may have more allies than he or Voldemort suspects. So, is Snape good or bad? In our opinion, everything follows from it.

J.K. Rowling:

Well, Salman, your opinion, I would say is, right. But I see that I need to be a little more explicit and say that Dumbledore is definitely dead. And I do know - I do know that there is an entire website out there that says - that's name is DumbledoreIsNotDead.com so umm, I'd imagine they're not pretty happy right now. But I think I need - you need - all of you need to move through the five stages of grief and I'm just helping you get past denial.
So it doesn't really clear up whether or not Snape is innocent. She said his opinion was right in that "everything follows from it" :\ I hope that Snape is actually a good guy though, I believe he is.

-Dayana
just because i couldn't say it doesn't make me a liar
Old 09-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

i really dont get how snape can be a good guy after the whole killing D thing...
Old 10-06-2006, 02:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys,
just joining in the conversation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanitic (View Post)
i really dont get how snape can be a good guy after the whole killing D thing...
I have to agree with you, Insanitic.
I really did believe in the good side of Snape during almost all of the 6th book. Even in the end I still thought - no, I was so convinced that I knew - the next time I turn the page Snape will give up his cover.
Ha, naive, huh!?
Anyway, Dumbledore is dead and that was really painful for me to read... I do believe that Snape is going to have a crucial role in the last book but IMO he's not going to be one the "good" side...
JMO.

I also do not believe in the happy ending theory!
There has been too much pain for Harry himself and everyone surrounding him to ever have a happiy ever after... and from what I hear about the last book there will be more pain for him...

What do you think?
Right now I'm really curious about what's going to happen with aunt Petunia...!! We all know there is something special about her and I really hope that she's going to play a role in the game of the 7th book!
Old 10-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

yea i cant wait! its going to be exciting
Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Loyal Fan

So... the date's coming closer and closer.
I just had to write a YAY 'cause today I finally pre-ordered my copy of the 7th book!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi, just dropping by from my usual haunt at News and Politics to share the book 7 excitement.

I'm still hoping that Snape is on the side of the good guys. When I first read book 6, I was like "how could he?" and completely disregarded the whole unbreakable vow thing but I think that's why he had to do it. It was necessary for this final showdown we're gonna get in the last book. Surely Snape is gonna redeem himself by helping the Order and Harry win the day.

As for the Aunt Petunia stuff - I'm so excited to find out what her deal is. Can't wait!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I think Snapes pretty much past redemption, I still can't believe he killed Dumbledore, I'm really dreading the end of the series but I hope JK Rowling ties everything up!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Zia
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexis (View Post)
I'm still hoping that Snape is on the side of the good guys. When I first read book 6, I was like "how could he?" and completely disregarded the whole unbreakable vow thing but I think that's why he had to do it. It was necessary for this final showdown we're gonna get in the last book. Surely Snape is gonna redeem himself by helping the Order and Harry win the day.
I agree, after the unbreakable vow I don't think he had any choice, I think Dumbledore probably knew about it too and had told Snape he had to do it. In the end I think he will be redeemed, possibly through sacrificing himself to save the others.

DD trusted him completely and I just don't want to believe that he could have been so wrong!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

^omg.. you know i was thinking that too! i read somewhere that JK kills off a couple of the main characters.. i have a feeling it will be Snape.. i just hope that it is as you imagine.. he sacrifices himself..i dont think i could bear Snape being on the bad side..
Old 07-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm half and half with the Snape thing. If Dumbledore trusted him, then he must be good right?
But then again....he did kill him.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

I really like the books better than the movies, now that I've started to read them. I love all the extra Snape stuff that's not in the movies... Like the Valentine's Day thing in Chamber of Secrets... Why on earth did they leave that out? I thought that was one of the best parts!
Old 09-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAFreak (View Post)
I really like the books better than the movies, now that I've started to read them. I love all the extra Snape stuff that's not in the movies... Like the Valentine's Day thing in Chamber of Secrets... Why on earth did they leave that out? I thought that was one of the best parts!
I know what you mean. There is always all this extra detail that makes the series so special. When I go watch the movies with friends who don't read the books, I find myself telling them a lot of background info after the showing that was left out from the movies, so that they get a better understanding of the character's motives and the plot.

LiveJournal
Old 09-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

And I'm always for more Snape...
Old 09-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Absolute Fan

oh of course. I love Snape. He's one of my favorite characters, after Draco of course. One of the best story lines in the last book was when we learned more about his past. He is such a great character.

LiveJournal
Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Unfortunately, I haven't read the seventh book yet. I'm only on the four. But it's sad, because I already know like everthing that happens...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread