Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2016, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Well I don't know if anyone else knows this, but yesterday I found out Disney, and Jon Favreau is planning to make a live-action version of The Lion King movie! The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie so while I'm excited for it, I'm also a little nervous. I mean making a live-action version of The Jungle Book is one thing, but making a live-action version of The Lion King is a whole different story. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Merry Christmas, dragonfire! Thanks for all the info about Power Rangers! I really didn't follow it, but I did know about the whole Tommy/Kimberly thing. And I didn't know that there was any Jason/Kimberly ship. And Jon Favreau is making a live action Lion King? And he just made a live action Jungle Book movie! And I'm sorry that so many people are having FF problems. Like I said, I had trouble getting on FF a couple of times the other day, but no warnings, thank goodness. I really hope it wasn't hacking, and if it was that FF fixed it. I hope you're having a great Christmas too!

Merry Christmas, Lauren! I went to see the movie Passengers with Jennifer Lawrence and I had dinner at a Chinese restaurant, because those are the only two places that are open on Christmas.

Awww, thanks for all the awesome Christmas cat gifs! And no, I don't know what draft day is. But I'll wait for your card, and I hope you get my card soon! I hope you can post some pics of your cat soon! And you got a unicorn dressing gown? I'd love to see what it looks like!
Old 12-25-2016, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Yes the ship is called Jimberly, as for Tommy/Kimberly see I don't like the ship because well when Tommy became the white ranger, Kimberly became a damsel in distress. I mean before the whole Tommy/Kimberly thing, Kimberly was like a fighter/gymnast. But when the Tommy/Kimberly thing happened she became a damsel in distress, and really the whole screaming for Tommy for help really got annoying. It was like she couldn't do nothing without Tommy coming in to save the day.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, and I never liked Tommy being the White Ranger. They made the show all about him, and I felt kinda sorry for Jason.

So, anyone doing anything for New Year's eve?

Oh, and here's my new ship. William and Dolores from Westworld.

tumblr
Old 12-26-2016, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Me neither when Tommy became the white ranger, Power Rangers became the Tommy show. As for Jason it seems because of low ratings, they brought him back in the second half of Power Rangers Zeo, he was the gold ranger until the season ended. Really when Power Rangers was the Tommy show, I was rooting for Rita and Zedd to win, them and Bulk and Skull was the only reason why I watched the Tommy show. Rita/Zedd was a much better couple than Tommy/Kimberly, if the reboot movie gets sequels, then I hope the Rita/Zedd ship is a part of it.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i would hope they make the lion king movie really realistic if its gonna be live action

i think im gonna watch westworld jen was telling me about it today and saw preview looks really interesting! and peterinna and alex like so maybe i will then again sam didnt..

im spending new years eve at my aunts cause they asked me and i couldnt say no

im shocked though alex that cinema be opened on christmas! how was passengers its sounds like a really nice christmas alex hehe

ill post some pics for u on my phone and cant wait for your card~
Old 12-27-2016, 04:26 AM
Elite Fan

I agree, also The Lion King is like one of the best Disney movies ever made, its even better than Frozen. I really hope this live-action version doesn't flop. Well I found this interview of Jon Favreau talking about Lion King, and Jungle Book 2, and really I liked what he said about them, from Collider.
Quote:
I think nothing’s quick. This is a slow process and rushing it is not a good idea because a lot of when people react to visual effects they don’t like, often times it’s because it’s rushed and because it’s not well thought through ahead of time. Having gone up to Pixar and working with them on this and other projects — and they’re about as technical as you get — they always say the same thing — it’s all about story. Make sure the story is perfect before you launch forward into the next phase. The technical phase doesn’t come until the human storytelling phase is done.
Quote:
With Lion King, there you have such a strong original film, and then there was a theater production of it as well in a different medium that was very well received and successful and still continues to play. And you have a lot of people with very deep memories and connections to those properties so you want to make sure that, even though the story is very strong, you want to make sure it translates well to yet another medium and doesn’t feel like it’s duplicating or trying to outdo what was done in another medium.
How do you include the music and the look and the characters and the story points? And can you do it convincingly so that it feels like you’re actually observing real animals in nature while still preserving the characters and the tone and the personality aspects of the film and what tonal things have to change. Having been through it on Jungle Book was very helpful, but what a tremendous opportunity because people feel so connected to it, but with that comes such a tremendous responsibility because you don’t want to do anything that undermines people’s connection to the original, which is so wonderful.
Quote:
The thing is that the animated version of The Lion King is — I don’t know how you outdo that. It works tremendously well. I think it was sort of the end of the era before the 3D animation started coming in, and I don’t think anybody wants to see an animated version because if you want to see an animated version, look at the original. It holds up, it’s still wonderful to watch. So the trick is can you make it look like you actually found real animals in a real environment? And how do you translate the story through that? And in that sense, what we learned on Jungle Book as we got into the photorealism of the environments and the characters, the behavior of the animals, how do you use the lessons you learned there, but adjust it to the tone of what Lion King is? Because I think that when you hear the opening song, when you see those images, the photography of it, even in 2D it is arresting, and I try to imagine what it could be like using the tools that we have today and could we make audiences feel the same way and retell the same myth using these new tools? So the challenge becomes how do you have it look photoreal? And what has to be adjusted so that it doesn’t feel inconsistent? In Jungle Book, if we just took everything that was in the ’67 film, that humor would have been too broad for a live-action, and also you have to take into account that these look like real animals, so the intensity of it gets really notched up. So understanding the lessons that we learned from Jungle Book is really helpful as we develop this, but it’s all a discovery process. And fortunately, working with a lot of the same people and it feels like a continuation of that journey.
Quote:
I think we’re kind of learning a lot about how this all works right now I’m kind of full bore into developing the tools to tell the story for Lion King, because you’re sort of developing whole new sets of tools for each production. And right now in the story phase, getting the story right for Jungle Book 2. I don’t know. Right now the plan is that we go right from one into the other, but I know from having worked on two superhero movies back to back, these take many many many years. I was working on Marvel movies for like four years back-to-back. It’s a big chunk of your life and you have to make sure that you’re excited and can bring all of your attention and concentration to bear on this, because they are really big puzzles. Every film is a puzzle you have to solve — these highly technical ones are like 3D chess. There’s like a whole other level to it that has to be understood and learned.

Last edited by dragonfire; 12-27-2016 at 05:30 AM
Old 12-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for all that info, dragonfire! Wow, Jon Favreau has been really busy since leaving the Iron Man movies. But would it really be "live action" if all of the animals are CGI? They can't really use actual animals for The Lion King, you know. And I'm glad I'm not the only person who couldn't stand the Power Rangers becoming the Tommy Show. I didn't really watch the show, but what little I did see made me resent how much the show focused on Tommy, and I did feel bad for Jason as a result. I'm surprised the ratings went down after that, given how Tommy crazy so many fans were at the time. I'm glad they gave Jason his due, though.

Yeah, cinemas here in the USA stay open every day, 365 days a year, Lauren. It's an agreement reached by the cinema owners and the Hollywood studios so they can track how much money movies make per day. Chinese restaurants stay open because they don't really celebrate Christmas. And Passengers was good, Lauren. It was a bit depressing at times, but love stories often are. Great special effects, though, and Jennifer Lawrence was gorgeous.

I hope you have a fun New Year's eve at your aunt's, Lauren. And I hope my Christmas card gets to you soon, because I was hoping that it would've gotten to you by now.

I hope you get to watch Westworld soon, Lauren. I really love William and Dolores. I haven't shipped a couple this much in a long time.

Jen was right, it really is good. And Sam doesn't like anything we watch. The Westworld TV show is based on a 1973 movie written and directed by Michael Crichton, the science fiction author who wrote The Andromeda Strain(which also became a movie) and Jurassic Park, which was made into a movie by Steven Spielberg. The book was much better, Lauren. Anyway, the original 1973 movie was set in the future about an interactive theme park populated by robot androids who simulate historical roles. The park was divided into three parts: Roman World, which recreated ancient Rome; Medieval World, which recreated northern Europe in the Middle Ages; and Westworld, which recreated the American West in the 1800's. The two main characters in the movie are guests who visit Westworld, but a computer virus starts infecting the robots which results in them killing all of the guests. The TV show eliminates Medieval World and Roman World and focuses just on Westworld. And the HBO series focuses more on the androids as they start to become more human and sentient. And William can see that Dolores is becoming a real person. Here's a trailer for both the 1973 movie and the HBO series:

And OMG, I was right about Laurel being Earth 2 Black Siren, Laruen! Somehow she escaped from STAR Labs. Here's a trailer for Arrow where they realize that Laurel isn't the Laurel they know.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 12-27-2016 at 07:40 PM
Old 12-27-2016, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

FU 2016!!! First...Christina grimmie....then my phone..now Carrie Fisher?! FML
No onе's ever had me, not like you
Old 12-27-2016, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Okay it's Black Siren...how the heck did she get out?
Old 12-28-2016, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

FlashPoint? also I keep forgetting to mention this, but in the show DC Superhero Girls The Flash, and Killer Frost are like high school lab partners. Plus at the high school they're like in charge of the science club, and in one episode the teacher asked the class to pick their partner for a forensic science test, and FlashFrost picked each other for partners. As for Power Rangers, if it wasn't for Power Rangers In Space ratings/toy sales skyrocketing, then most likely the show would have been canceled. After all In Space was suppose to be the final season of the series, and what's funny is In Space took place after Tommy leaved the show.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Tabs. Yes, I know, I heard. I'm really sorry about Christina and Carrie. It's terrible how many people we lost this year. Carrie Fisher, George Michael, Prince, David Bowie, Muhammad Ali, John Glenn... it's devastating.

Really, Evan? People seem just seem to walk in and out of S.T.A.R. Labs like it's a Walmart, and you wonder how Black Siren got out? S.T.A.R. Labs' security isn't worth apparently. I'm guessing that Prometheus had something to do with it, but we'll have to wait and see.

No, I don't think it had anything to do with Flashpoint, dragonfire. Earth 2 Laurel was sitting in her cell at S.T.A.R. Labs long before Barry pulled that stunt, so it must be something else. Oh, and thanks for that info on DC Superhero Girls! I'll have to check that out! Looks like someone finally listened to us about SnowBarry/FlashFrost!

I was actually hoping that Power Rangers would end up being left in the 90's time capsule, but I guess I was wrong. I hate to say it, but Teenager Mutant Ninja Turtles are poetry by comparison.

Here's William and Dolores from Westworld once again.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 12-28-2016 at 05:50 PM
Old 12-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Ok this is shocking news!
Quote:
EW can confirm that Magic Mike star Joe Manganiello has been cast to play Deathstroke in Affleck’s upcoming solo Batman movie
Deathstroke?! it finally happened, Batman has finally taken something from Arrow! Plus it seems Variety is reporting that the movie will start shooting next spring.
Quote:
Affleck indicated that he expected the film will begin shooting in the spring
Since it seems we got a DCEU Deathstroke, could it mean we may get a DCEU Nightwing?! plus a Titans movie?
Old 12-28-2016, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey, dragonfire!

Actually, Arrow was the one stealing from Batman. Deathstroke has been mixing it up with Batman in the comics a lot more than he ever was with Green Arrow. I'm still skeptical about the DCEU, though. It hasn't impressed me much.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Well to be honest I'm more into the DCEU than the CW shows. I mean besides Arrow the rest of them is just bland, what happened in the winter finale was so heartbreaking, but that makes me root for Team Arrow to win. What they went through was so realistic, I actually feel sorry for them, and I hope in the end they find happiness, because after all the terrible stuff they went through they deserve a happy ending. As for The Flash I may just drop the show. EDIT Well this is interesting Kevin Smith on the Flashfrost kiss.
Quote:
For one brief moment, not only were we making an old issue of Flash, but we had this real Batman Returns kind of positioning where she’s kind of straddling on top of him like Catwoman was when she was kissing Batman on the roof with the mistletoe, So we’re homage-ing s**t left and right while doing one of the most classic Killer Frost moves in the comics: the cold kiss.” - Kevin Smith

Last edited by dragonfire; 12-29-2016 at 10:43 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread