Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I haven't really liked the DCEU so far, dragonfire. I wasn't a fan of Man of Steel or Batman v Superman, and I think Zack Snyder is a terrible filmmaker and botched both movies. I don't like Wonder Woman being set in World War I instead of World War II because it doesn't make much sense. I don't like them making Batman so old at the start of the Justice League, which also doesn't make sense. I don't like the outfit they gave The Flash, because he looks like a Transformer in that costume. Suicide Squad was another critical failure, and its box office plunged after one week just like Batman v Superman. I absolutely hate the fact that Hal Jordan, who is a founding member of the Justice League, won't be in the Justice League movie as Green Lantern, and that the Green Lantern Corps. movie will most likely be an ensemble featuring both Hal Jordan and John Stewart. I just think that DC and Warner Bros. sold their soul to Zack Snyder and now they're paying for it as they watch Rome burn.

I agree that some aspects of the CW/DC universe annoy me, like Supergirl and Superman being in a totally separate universe, the whole "James" Olsen thing instead of Jimmy Olsen, Bruce Wayne being trapped in his own separate universe over on Fox's Gotham where he's just a kid, how haphazard Legends of Tomorrow has been, Arrow's brief stumble in seasons three and four and the mistreatment of Laurel, and of course the mess that The Flash has become with Flashpoint and the total and utter uselessness of Iris West at the expense of the far superior Caitlin Snow and Danielle Panabaker. But I'm still holding out hope for the CW shows because they did get rid of a lot of dead weight on Legends(Kendra and Carter), brought back Earth 2 Laurel as Black Siren on Arrow, and are giving Caitlin an even bigger role with her Killer Frost powers. I know it's too much to hope that they'd kill off Iris and get rid of even more dead weight, but here's hoping. I haven't given up just yet, but I'll wait and see what happens.

Wow, thanks for that quote from Kevin Smith! I'm glad that at least he saw some of the heat between the characters. Nice reference to Batman and Catwoman.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

ok not really happy with that deathstroke casting hehe

im shocked to hear cinema even open on new yrs eve poor cinema never gets a break!!

i cant watch ur love scene vid alex with westworld just cause it will spoil me for when i watch but thanks for linking anyway i better ship ur ship btw hehe

omg so its bad laurel mwhahahaha maybe this will be ever better mwhahahahahahahahah no i want it to be origina laurel i miss her she should pretend to play along for a while

and the westworld trailer has def convinced me to watch not sure about the old version though hehe

passengers was depressing at times??? thats not good

too many deaths in 2016 tabward sorry gurl

ive never heard of the show called dc superhero girls

i seriously doubt any live action version of lion king could ever outdo the original man
Old 12-30-2016, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

DC Superhero Girls is a animated kids show that sometimes comes on Cartoon Network. Oh I keep forgetting to say this, but the parallel between Clois being married in the future, and WA being married in E2 is not correct. In Smallville Clois was not married in Earth 2, she was married to Oliver, and its interesting how WA was happily married in Earth 2 because Earth 2 is the opposite of Earth 1. EDIT I almost forgot to mention this but when Caitlin became Killer Frost, it reminded me of when Jean became The Phoenix. Plus it's funny how Barry was the one to bring Caitlin back, because when Jean becomes The Phoenix the only person who can bring her back is Scott.

Last edited by dragonfire; 12-30-2016 at 08:55 AM
Old 12-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey, dragonfire!

It's interesting that you mentioned how different the relationships are on Earth 2. Lois isn't with Clark, she's with Oliver, so it is opposite on Earth 1. And since Barry and Iris are married on Earth 2, hopefully that'll be opposite on Earth 1 as well. I like how you used the Scott/Jean analogy with Barry and Caitlin, how Jean became Dark Phoenix and Caitlin became Killer Frost. The only difference is that in the comics, Jean died... a lot. But Barry did bring Caitlin back to herself. I have the clips from DC Superhero Girls with Barry and Caitlin!

Hi, Lauren! What, you don't like Joe Manganiello for Deathstroke? He was actually my choice for Bane because he fits the role better. And I agree, we lost so many famous people this year. And now Carrie Fisher's mother, actress Debbie Reynolds, died the day after she did.

Don't worry, Lauren, cinemas don't open until 10:00am here, so people who work on the holidays usually get to sleep late. But they have to stay open all year because Hollywood needs to have a day by day box office count.

Well, I'm hoping that this Laurel will eventually redeem herself and become the new Black Canary, Lauren. I think that this is their way of rebooting Laurel's character for the show and making her more like the Black Canary in the comics. I think she'll play along for a little while, but then she's gonna kick Oliver's ass for a while. It'll be interesting to see how that works out because on her Earth, Oliver died on the Queen's Gambit, so they each lost the Oliver and Laurel of their own worlds.

Well, Passengers was depressing at times, but all love stories have to be a little depressing to make the romantic scenes even better. And don't worry, the end isn't depressing.

Well then hurry up and watch Westworld, Lauren! I'm glad you liked the trailer. As for the old trailer, well... the movie did come out in 1973. And it was more like Jurassic Park because a computer virus made all the robots go crazy and start killing the guests. The William/Dolores love scene is in episode 7, so you gotta hurry and get caught up! And you'd better ship William and Dolores! It's a human man and a female robot falling in love, so you'll like it. But William doesn't show up until the second episode because the first episode sets up Dolores' storyline, and then William arrives in the second episode where they meet for the first time.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

So there's a theory going around that Savitar is really Eddie. To be honest I really hope the theory is true, also when it show Savitar holding the stone his hair looked similar to Eddie's, and even his body build looked similar to Eddie's. Plus in a way him saying Barry took everything away from him would be true, and we still don't know what happened to Eddie's body, I mean all we saw was his body being pulled towards to the vortex.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's an interesting theory, dragonfire! I've always wondered what happened to Eddie's body after it got pulled into the singularity. And they showed Savitar's hair? I must've missed that.

Oh, and here's that DC Superhero Girls episode with Barry and Caitlin signing everyone up for Science Club.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yes its when Jay is telling Barry about Savitar. It doesn't show his face, but it does show the back of his hair, and his back. Plus Savitar being trapped in the Speed Force? reminds me of Zod being trapped in the Phantom Zone, and who knows S3 could end with Barry being trapped in the Speed Force? I mean S5 of Smallville ended with Clark being trapped in the Phantom Zone.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, dragonfire. I'll have to go back and check that scene out. And isn't Zoom already trapped in the Speed Force?

I don't know if they'll end this season with Barry trapped. I'm still hoping that the season will end with Iris... you know.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

dragonfire lois and oliver married NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUT THEN IS superman with anyone else? this show kinda sounds really cool hehe

killer frost and flash look really cool together in those gifs!!

alexxx i cant take joe seriously since magic mike movies the mother must of been too heartbroken over her daughter

i dont think cinemas open till 10 am here as well hehe

it might cause me to ship them alex new laurel and oli olicty forever though but it does look really interesting really looking forward to laurels new storyline hows daddy lance gonna take this

u totes just spoiled passengers now but alex what abut the other man she is with in the first eppy

omg eddie being savatar would be freakin awesome!!! though can u picture him killing iris?????
Old 12-30-2016, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

omg alex btw!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT UR CHRISTMAS CARD MY SIS LOVES IT TOO~~

**** ur i mean janelle glad sis didnt notice that om just the singing mwhahaha
but singing so cute and nice hshdjdhjkdfhjkdhjfkfjk and i ove the rhymes with the egg nog and coal i love ur card choices always! THANKS SO MUCH!! LET ME KNOW WHEN U GET UR CARD sorry my one doesnt sing the one i got for ulolol
Old 12-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Zoom was turned into a Grim Reaper type Flash, but I don't think he was trapped in the Speed Force. As for Barry I can actually see the writers doing that, really the whole show has become so predictable, and cookie cutter. As for Clark in Earth 2 instead being a Kent, he's a Luthor, and instead of being Superman he's Ultraman. Plus he kills his enemies, and he kinda has a romance with Tess. Ok if this is true then this is some very interesting news.
Quote:
“Ultimately, it’s relationships that will drive the season forward. Helbing told us that Caitlin Snow – who is on track to become a version of Killer Frost at some point this season – will have to question her feelings about Barry and his pure motives when she realizes that what’s happening to her is, in part, his fault.”

Last edited by dragonfire; 12-30-2016 at 11:06 PM
Old 12-31-2016, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the info on Caitlin, dragonfire. I figured she's gonna go more Killer Frost eventually, but I think she'll just be more Frost because I know she's not gonna be a villain. I still hope Barry doesn't get trapped in the Speed Force because they really already did that with him last season. OMG, Earth 2 Clark is Ultraman and he was raised by the Luthors? Who is Tess? On which comic/show is this, dragonfire? And I resent him using the name Ultraman, the name of my favorite Japanese superhero!

Hi, Lauren! It's almost New Years 2017 in Australia! I hope you have an awesome New Year's eve! I'm glad my card finally got to you! Yeah, I wanted to call you by both names because you would only let me call you Janelle at Comic Con, remember? I'm glad you liked it. I'm waiting for your card to arrive. Did your sis see the other cards I sent you?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Oh, I'm glad you like Flash and Frost in those gifs, Lauren! I think you're slowly coming around to SnowBarry! OMG, you'd actually ship Oliver and Earth 2 Laurel? But I know Olicity is still your OTP. Yeah, and poor Quentin Lance. How much more of this can he take? First Sara and now Laurel. And I can picture just about anyone killing Iris at this point, Lauren.

Wait, did you see the first episode of Westworld yet, Lauren? That guy you see Dolores with in the first episode is Teddy, and he's just another robot played by James Marsden. He's not really the lead character, he's a supporting one. Jimmi Simpson plays William opposite Evan Rachel Wood as Dolores, and they have the main love story on the series. A human and a robot falling in love.

I think some cinemas open earlier for special occasions. And I didn't spoil Passengers for you, Lauren. I said it wasn't a depressing ending. I didn't say it was a happy ending. It's... a surprising ending. You have to wait and see it for yourself. Oh, so Joe in Magic Mike ruined him for you? I didn't see that. And yeah, it's a shame about both Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. But Debbie was old and the pain was probably too much for her. And Carrie's daughter and Debbie's granddaughter is also an actress like them. She's Billie Lourd, who plays Chanel #3 on Scream Queens. I feel so badly for her.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

The show is called Smallville it was like my favorite live action show. In the episode Clark got sent to E2, and he found out his doppelganger was a cold blooded killer. Plus instead of being raised by Johnathan/Martha, E2 Clark was raised by Lionel Luthor, and Tess is Tess Mercer, she first appeared in S8, and in S10 it was revealed that Tess was Lionel's Daughter.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ohh, okay. Thanks, dragonfire. I remember Smallville, but I didn't really watch it when it was on. I watched a handful of episodes(like the one with Bart Allen/Impulse and the one with Blue Beetle and Booster Gold), but had no idea they did the Earth 2 thing on Smallville.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yes E2 appeared in the final season, also it seems on The Flash the ratings has been dropping, and it seems 3x08 has the most highest ratings. I said this before, and I will say it again Westallen reminds me of Clana.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread