Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

We all see things differently its tainted for me, while I get that Maya likes Lucas I just don't see it from him, if Lucas liked Maya on his own and wasn't forced to give it a try sure but the way they got together is terrible, he doesn't have a say in who he dates, well he does but she wants to his sis. I took Lucas talking to the sheep and bull as Lucas talking to the sheep and bull about his experience with those two, we always try to read into things and are wrong look how people took that whole Riley thinks of Lucas as a brother thing and ran with it for weeks only to be proven wrong she doesn't think if him that way.

Everyone is miserable, no one is happy. The dynaamic has changed and not for the better. Maya can't see that Riley is miserable, another occ, riley is going to keep pretending that shes ok with it thinking she's doing something good when she isn't,, this triangle is the worst thing that could've happened to them as a group why couldn't they wait till high school.
diamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
i dont think their friendship is tainted. immediately riley was a very selfless friend and stepped back. and telling maya nothing will ruin their friendship is 100 times better than anything thats happened on other shows. yes she's hurt, but she's not mad at maya. which makes them different. the show has been focused on friendship from the beginning.

Girl Meets World is just a play off the original. But to me, from the beginning its been about both of them.

I also dont think anything is obvious yet, which is why i think people need to chill out.

Personally Texas had more real drama and felt so much more natural to me then some of the other cheesey/forced episodes with dorky messages. I like that the show is getting more mature as the kids get older.
I have to agree. I don't think anything is tainted. I still see the show as about friendship and growing. What they are going through, is something I have seen in real life with friendships. Both girls liking the same guy or Two guys liking the same girl.

I also don't think anything is obvious yet, which I like that. I want to see things unfold.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I liked it. I like how they are showing the kids grow, physically and emotionally. probably not many of you watched the original series so you don't understand that this is literally what BMW was about. It was more humor mixed with a bit of seriousness thrown in. Cory was younger than Riley when he started drooling over Topanga. Also, Cory and Shawn had a TON of problems during the show that made their friendship change....but also cemented their friendship as well...this (what is happening between Riley and Maya) is nothing compared to what happened to those two and Cory and Shawn are still going strong. I wouldn't worry too much.

Also, I liked how they are starting to show the struggle in Cory being both a teacher and a father and his struggle to separate the two. Like they did in "Rileytown".

I agree with a lot of people about Farkle. It think between all of them, he has grown the most! I also ADORED auggie when he talked to Lucas. What a little sweetheart!
Old 10-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

just because riley said she saw lucas as a brother doesn't mean lucas was forced to date maya? riley told lucas how maya felt and then lucas was interested.

he could have easily said he wasnt interested. or he could choose to date someone else?

but he's obviously intrigued by maya a little.

and i wouldn't say they are "dating" they were just talking.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i dont agree they were saying lucas/maya had no depth. i think they were showing how different the two pairings are.

maya/lucas were awkward because they were acting like riley/lucas, who were always awkward. when they start acting like themselves again, things could be different.

riley/lucas could never even talk to each other when they "liked" each other, but as "bro/sis" they can actually communicate, which could be seen as negative for their pairing. its all up to how you interpret it@

for all we know, they could have maya/lucas acting odd because they are trying to be a new riley/lucas. then riley could admit how she really feels and lucas could say "well I've always liked riley so i wanna be with her" but then maybe riley/lucas date and they really dont work together and that leaves room for maya/lucas. it can go anyway.

to me riley/lucas are so like false love first love type relationship. theres nothing real to it. and they dont have intense moments together at all, lucas never even acts like he likes her. charlie didnt even know they had a "thing" because lucas never acted on.

yet the second he finds out maya likes him he almost kisses her? that says a lot to me.
But then he says that he likes Riley and is interested in Riley...and he never has really shown in my opinion that he likes Maya IMO on a romantic level. He's still chasing after Riley...that to me says a lot too.
ღMitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

I would like to see Maya and Lucas together. There's one thing that bothers me though. It seems like Maya is "a runner up prize". That's wrong. Maya likes Lucas. Lucas likes Riley. I think Maya deserves to be with a guy who likes her as much as she likes him. I think it would be wrong if Lucas were to decide to be with Maya because he can't have Riley. I would like to see him be with Maya because he likes her and wants to be with her.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

I sensed some definite confusion of Lucas' part about both girls. I don't think he's really into both of them at the same time though. They just verbally switched their opinions about who he is to them from what he's always thought and he needs to figure out how to take that before moving on to whatever happens next.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But then he says that he likes Riley and is interested in Riley...and he never has really shown in my opinion that he likes Maya IMO on a romantic level. He's still chasing after Riley...that to me says a lot too.
well yes because he was WAS interested in Riley? he hasnt shown he likes maya because i dont think he thought about it before? once he finally realized she had feelings and there was a chance for them he was very open to the idea.

obviously we know he likes riley but we dont know if he likes maya yet. there is a lot of exploring to do there still. but i dont think we can just count maya out because of that.

i agree with the post above that its confusing right now. and i dont want maya as second choice either, but lucas has a lot of realizing to do.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Garcia (View Post)
I sensed some definite confusion of Lucas' part about both girls. I don't think he's really into both of them at the same time though. They just verbally switched their opinions about who he is to them from what he's always thought and he needs to figure out how to take that before moving on to whatever happens next.
agreed that's why i can't wait to see what's next!
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
well yes because he was WAS interested in Riley? he hasnt shown he likes maya because i dont think he thought about it before? once he finally realized she had feelings and there was a chance for them he was very open to the idea.

obviously we know he likes riley but we dont know if he likes maya yet. there is a lot of exploring to do there still. but i dont think we can just count maya out because of that.

i agree with the post above that its confusing right now. and i dont want maya as second choice either, but lucas has a lot of realizing to do.
But that's such a cop out...like you're basically throwing the Riley/Lucas storyline under the rug, to make way for something that wasn't foreshadowed. It's just very weird. People compare it to other shows, but those other said shows had more foreshadowing and made more sense than this does. Pacey/Joey on Dawson's Creek were built up over a course of ONE SEASON...even before that season that they were explored they had a story - there was interest shown. I don't understand why people compare it to them because it's just not the same thing at all.

I think the writers are just trying to make everyone happy and it's stupid.
ღMitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think he might have feelings for both girls at this point and just doesn't know how to deal with them right now. They are still in middle school and things are confusing.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I think he might have feelings for both girls at this point and just doesn't know how to deal with them right now. They are still in middle school and things are confusing.
very confusing.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
'people need to remember this show is about riley?' baloney. maybe she's the daughter or cory/topanga but that doesnt mean she's the only important character, nor the only character we should care about. maya also is very very important. those two are the main two of the show and maya is practically part of the matthews family.
I have to disagree here. It's not that she's the ONLY important character, but she is certainly the most important character. She is the "girl". In the same way that all storylines revolved around Cory's POV, all storylines should revolve around Riley's POV. Which is why I don't understand why people are complaining that the triangle is ~too focused on Riley~. She is the lead and the show is her discovering the world.

Quote:
riley thinks she likes lucas and he represents a sort of prince for her. maybe its a good message to show that you dont always end up with who you think you should.
i could go for this and was kind of hoping that charlie would be an alternative choice at least for now, until they purposely made him creepy AF.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

agree to disagree!

its not that we are seeing rileys pov thats the problem, its that they are very forcibly trying to make people root for her the most by making her look so sad and making charlie look so desperate. and its just like, too much. its too in your face. i expected more from the writers but i guess i shouldn't have.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

still a good episode!
Reply   Post New Thread