Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2015, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Garcia (View Post)
Farkle remains my favorite character and I don't see that changing any time soon. I love how he was there for everybody throughout the whole Texas trilogy. He definitely had some of the best scenes too.
He is by far my favorite too and the fact that he's stuck in the middle of all of it. Yes I ship both, but I still don't know what side to take tbh.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I'm sold on Riley/Farkle.
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

farkle is my favorite too

i hate that they are forcing this triangle. riley never should have told lucas how maya felt. that wasnt her decision to make. maya should have been able to do that when she was ready. this brother/sister storyline was stupid. obviously riley is still in love with lucas. i loved the riley/farkle convo in pt 3. clearly both girls like lucas. but i think in the long run it will be riley that wins his heart.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

i dont agree they were saying lucas/maya had no depth. i think they were showing how different the two pairings are.

maya/lucas were awkward because they were acting like riley/lucas, who were always awkward. when they start acting like themselves again, things could be different.

riley/lucas could never even talk to each other when they "liked" each other, but as "bro/sis" they can actually communicate, which could be seen as negative for their pairing. its all up to how you interpret it@

for all we know, they could have maya/lucas acting odd because they are trying to be a new riley/lucas. then riley could admit how she really feels and lucas could say "well I've always liked riley so i wanna be with her" but then maybe riley/lucas date and they really dont work together and that leaves room for maya/lucas. it can go anyway.

to me riley/lucas are so like false love first love type relationship. theres nothing real to it. and they dont have intense moments together at all, lucas never even acts like he likes her. charlie didnt even know they had a "thing" because lucas never acted on.

yet the second he finds out maya likes him he almost kisses her? that says a lot to me.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

As someone who thinks the ships have ruined the show and who's otp Maya and Riley's friendship have been tainted by this ridiculous storyline of love triangles I don't get. Riley clearly likes Lucas. Lucas clearly likes Riley. Lucas maybe likes Maya (I don't see it but we all have different shipper googles on) but I don't think its enough that he should stop liking Riley who he again likes and enjoy being with for however long this show has been on just to try it with Maya (it makes no sense) and I don't think Lucas wants to either but since Riley basically friend zoned him he gives it a chance. So what I'm getting here is Maya is second choice? And people are OK with that? I like Maya way too for her to be second for anyone and why is Maya herself OK with this? The Maya I knew wouldn't be OK with this, she would go after a guy who clearly said right in her direction he doesn't think of Riley as a sister she wouldn't and shouldn't waste her time there.

Look Lucas and Maya if its meant to be whatever just let riley and Lucas end first this isn't looking good. Riley's hiding her feelings, Lucas is caught up I feel between heartbreak over riley and trying to move on too quickly, and Maya is too damn occ for me to even enjoy if this is going to be Lucas and Maya from now on with the awkwardness and the occ and everyone being sad and miserable and my otp not putting freaking lucas ahead of their relationship or putting him between their relationship I don't want it. End it soon writers
diamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamon (View Post)
As someone who thinks the ships have ruined the show and who's otp Maya and Riley's friendship have been tainted by this ridiculous storyline of love triangles I don't get. Riley clearly likes Lucas. Lucas clearly likes Riley. Lucas maybe likes Maya (I don't see it but we all have different shipper googles on) but I don't think its enough that he should stop liking Riley who he again likes and enjoy being with for however long this show has been on just to try it with Maya (it makes no sense) and I don't think Lucas wants to either but since Riley basically friend zoned him he gives it a chance. So what I'm getting here is Maya is second choice? And people are OK with that? I like Maya way too for her to be second for anyone and why is Maya herself OK with this? The Maya I knew wouldn't be OK with this, she would go after a guy who clearly said right in her direction he doesn't think of Riley as a sister she wouldn't and shouldn't waste her time there.

Look Lucas and Maya if its meant to be whatever just let riley and Lucas end first this isn't looking good. Riley's hiding her feelings, Lucas is caught up I feel between heartbreak over riley and trying to move on too quickly, and Maya is too damn occ for me to even enjoy if this is going to be Lucas and Maya from now on with the awkwardness and the occ and everyone being sad and miserable and my otp not putting freaking lucas ahead of their relationship or putting him between their relationship I don't want it. End it soon writers
Thank you exactly!! This is why i dont like Lucaya because they are having them as second choice. Maya is having lucas second choice with josh too. I actually almost cried for Riley. People need to remember this show is about Riley mainly. The other characters are important in how they are with her and interact. Just like BMW was all about Cory.
Top Ships: Stelena, Juliette/Avery Brucas, Capatin Swan, Naley, Cory&Topanaga, Bamon, Danny/Riley, Lannie, Austin/Ally, Belle/Rumple, Snowing,Ted/Robin, Marshall/Lily, Outlawqueen, Charah, Quick, LOVE, JanexRafuel, Lena&Stef, Brallie and Ross/Rachel
SaraLove8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraLove8 (View Post)
Thank you exactly!! This is why i dont like Lucaya because they are having them as second choice. Maya is having lucas second choice with josh too. I actually almost cried for Riley. People need to remember this show is about Riley mainly. The other characters are important in how they are with her and interact. Just like BMW was all about Cory.
BAM! To be honest not really paying attention to ships they are kids still but, in high school meeting new people things do change later college with BMW we did have a solid Cory & Topanga, Who knows if the writers wants to do that again .....We might have instead The Wonder Years ending instead with Kevin does not end up with Winnie but, with someone else.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Triangles tend to taint the friendship tbh, in any capacity. Cory and Shawn would never
Old 10-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Triangles tend to taint the friendship tbh, in any capacity. Cory and Shawn would never
I hope the friendship keeps on going like Anne and Diana from Anne Of Green Gables .
Old 10-19-2015, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

i am so glad that the next episode is not going to be about the love traingle and thankful that it's next month.
Stars Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont think the show has been "ruined" just because 3 episodes focused on a "love triangle". i have a feeling that we will get plenty of episodes not about it very very soon. maybe in the next one they all agree to stay friends or something of that sort. it seems a bit early to full on go this direction so maybe they are just teasing it.

i dont see maya as second choice at all. lucas said it himself to the bull "when i found out i had a chance with you it was the scariest moment of my life." which to me, shows that he never really thought about it romantically before and then when he finally did he realized that maybe it was something eh wanted, hence, why he was scared. and he did try to kiss her in the episode almost, so i dont think that was just to shut her up like he claimed, it stemmed from something. but its definitely up in the air where lucas' head is really at just now. but even so, if he didnt have feelings for maya, i think that would only make people root for them more because he cant see it just yet and it will take more time for his feelings to develop.

maya doesnt know/think she's second to lucas because like was emphasized the entire episode, she thinks of lucas/riley as brother/sister and thinks thats what they feel too, or at least, what riley feels. and lucas almost kissing her I'm sure gave her false hope (or hope, not even false, because i personally think he does like her too)

'people need to remember this show is about riley?' baloney. maybe she's the daughter or cory/topanga but that doesnt mean she's the only important character, nor the only character we should care about. maya also is very very important. those two are the main two of the show and maya is practically part of the matthews family. riley thinks she likes lucas and he represents a sort of prince for her. maybe its a good message to show that you dont always end up with who you think you should.

and for people saying its "obvious" riley/lucas end up together may went to watch vampire diaries, dawsons creek, or hart of dixie. the "main" pairings didnt end up together there! like someone else said, maybe the writers want to take this show in a different direction then the typical first love romance.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-07-2023 at 11:12 PM
Old 10-20-2015, 06:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
i dont think the show has been "ruined" just because 3 episodes focused on a "love triangle". i have a feeling that we will get plenty of episodes not about it very very soon. maybe in the next one they all agree to stay friends or something of that sort. it seems a bit early to full on go this direction so maybe they are just teasing it.

i dont see maya as second choice at all. lucas said it himself to the bull "when i found out i had a chance with you it was the scariest moment of my life." which to me, shows that he never really thought about it romantically before and then when he finally did he realized that maybe it was something eh wanted, hence, why he was scared. and he did try to kiss her in the episode almost, so i dont think that was just to shut her up like he claimed, it stemmed from something. but its definitely up in the air where lucas' head is really at just now. but even so, if he didnt have feelings for maya, i think that would only make people root for them more because he cant see it just year and it will take more time for his feelings to develop.

maya doesnt know/think she's second to lucas because like was emphasized the entire episode, she thinks of lucas/riley as brother/sister and thinks thats what they feel too, or at least, what riley feels. and lucas almost kissing her I'm sure gave her false hope (or hope, not even false, because i personally think he does like her too)

'people need to remember this show is about riley?' baloney. maybe she's the daughter or cory/topanga but that doesnt mean she's the only important character, nor the only character we should care about. maya also is very very important. those two are the main two of the show and maya is practically part of the matthews family. riley thinks she likes lucas and he represents a sort of prince for her. maybe its a good message to show that you dont always end up with who you think you should.

and for people saying its "obvious" riley/lucas end up together may went to watch vampire diaries, dawsons creek, or hart of dixie. the "main" pairings didnt end up together there! like someone else said, maybe the writers want to take this show in a different direction then the typical first love romance.
The girls friendship I do not see tainted like of seen in other forums.

The last I remember it's Girl not Girls so it's Riley and her friends but, the thing is everyone is important in the show even little Auggie.

To me nothing is obvious at this point concerning ships.

Last edited by lovehurts38; 10-20-2015 at 06:53 AM
lovehurts38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

just watch all three parts and I thought they were really great. It shows that while they may go through some tough times, there are even tougher things that are going to come at them, and they need to figure out how to get through them together. Love every part of it.
Dueler312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

DP ignore.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-20-2015 at 09:43 PM
Old 10-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

i dont think their friendship is tainted. immediately riley was a very selfless friend and stepped back. and telling maya nothing will ruin their friendship is 100 times better than anything thats happened on other shows. yes she's hurt, but she's not mad at maya. which makes them different. the show has been focused on friendship from the beginning.

Girl Meets World is just a play off the original. But to me, from the beginning its been about both of them.

I also dont think anything is obvious yet, which is why i think people need to chill out.

Personally Texas had more real drama and felt so much more natural to me then some of the other cheesey/forced episodes with dorky messages. I like that the show is getting more mature as the kids get older.
Reply   Post New Thread