Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Add me please
Old 10-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Congrats to Jesse

Oh I just realized I started the thread. I'll add you.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Jackson is kind of messed up this season. I am a fan but he is largely uninteresting because of the intern. Not only is he uninteresting but he comes across like a hypocrite too. Giving Stephanie leeway that he never gave to April. Stephanie is ruining his character because the writers are trying too hard to give her a storyline at his expense. I am not sure if he will make it through the season as a version of Jackson that I can respect. He actually looked like a fool last week, taking back someone who cheated on him.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Jackson is kind of messed up this season. I am a fan but he is largely uninteresting because of the intern. Not only is he uninteresting but he comes across like a hypocrite too. Giving Stephanie leeway that he never gave to April. Stephanie is ruining his character because the writers are trying too hard to give her a storyline at his expense. I am not sure if he will make it through the season as a version of Jackson that I can respect. He actually looked like a fool last week, taking back someone who cheated on him.
I agree in the sense he's all over the place. His freaking hypocracy drives me up the wall! The fact that he "took her back" isn't what's weird though...she said it was an unwelcome kiss and there's no reason to not believe her...what was beyond weird was his very blasé reaction to it. Like it almost hurt his pride more than it hurt his heart. Then to pin it al on her communication issues! :::massive eye roll:::

I do feel you that I think they are building her up at his expense but it's par for the course with this show.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Seriously. Her communication issues? Did he completely forget that last season he could not give two craps about hearing what Stephanie had to say at all?

He does not even have a storyline. No wonder why Jesse has nothing to say about the show right now. I would be disappointed if I was him too. He has nothing worthwhile to talk about.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Unfortunately his biggest and meatiest storyline is Jackson's romance with April and the writers are insistant on stretching that out over who knows how many episodes. Right now his most complex emotions are frustration, irritation, and douchyness.

With Jackson, his biggest roadblock was sort of concurred in ep 200. I like that he realizes that communication is needed to sustain a healthy relationship, but he still fails to take any responsibility for his own communication set backs. Instead he pinned it all on Stephanie, and this is becoming a pattern for him.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Is he even happy? I don't think I have seen him happy the entire season. He barely even smiles. You are right he has a limited range of emotions right now, which is terrible.

For all we know they may stretch his storyline with April for seasons and I really have no idea why since it doesn't seem as if Ellen Pompeo is leaving the show anytime soon so they still have their golden couple.

Totally agree about Jackson. He is truly unwilling to accept his own failure in any of his relationships. However, my biggest problem is that he was forthcoming in telling Stephanie that she needed to communicate more, even if he himself does not, but he dumped April without giving her a shot at explaining herself.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Where is the real Jackson? Why didn't we see Jackson flipping his crap when he saw his "Girlfriend" kissing another women. I just don't think this is the Jackson that I have seen through out the series.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Jackson is different this season. It's like he doesn't care about anything or anyone, he's so indifferent. At least he did something for the hospital last episode but that was it.

I'm afraid with Jackson/April they're doing the same they did to Mark/Lexie and are stretching it out too much and giving them more time apart than together.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

The moment anything becomes remotely popular, the writers find a way to beat a dead horse or mess it up, just because they can't find organic reasons to sustain angst. I am really tired of the writers on this show. Can't they hire some new ones? I am not sure the writing can continue on in this way if they want to extend the series.

Seriously, the 200th episode was quite shockingly bad. I am going to come out and say it. It was not only inappropriate for a 200th episode, it was just outright bad. It was by far the worst of the season and I knew it would be the second I saw the previews. Usually when you have anything interesting to show, you show quick previews in the promo but we all saw that the promo was not very good.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Is he even happy? I don't think I have seen him happy the entire season. He barely even smiles. You are right he has a limited range of emotions right now, which is terrible.

For all we know they may stretch his storyline with April for seasons and I really have no idea why since it doesn't seem as if Ellen Pompeo is leaving the show anytime soon so they still have their golden couple.

Totally agree about Jackson. He is truly unwilling to accept his own failure in any of his relationships. However, my biggest problem is that he was forthcoming in telling Stephanie that she needed to communicate more, even if he himself does not, but he dumped April without giving her a shot at explaining herself.
You know I don't think I've seen him smile much at all. I don't think he is happy, he seems to be just going through life with as little emotion as possible.

He is a bit of a hypocrite and has become a bit jaded when it comes to love and connections with people. He needs to be honest with people and himself.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He was happy in episode 3 when he was gonna do the surgery on the kindergarden teacher. So I think right now surgery (a good one) is the only thing that makes him happy.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

They keep giving Jackson the same storylines. Something happens with the boards he rises to the occasion and fixes it. Stephanie is insecure or mad and he reassures her. Something is up with April and he supports her. Obviously I like him interacting with April but part of that is because we see a different side to him. He's a little more open and softer with her or at least he used to be. The character seems to just be going through the motions and there's no insight about his feelings. He doesn't have his own story.

I don't know how he feels about his board position now. He seems to be doing a good job but does he enjoy it? I would like to see more resentment towards his mother for putting him in this situation. He spent so much time trying to get out from under his family name so there should have been more resistance on his part. Is the job permanent? He's halfway through his fellowship so does he have the option of applying for attendant positions elsewhere? Does he want to? He's trying more in his relationship with Stephanie but it still feels like a reaction to everything that happened with April. (Although that may be my shippper bias.) He's colder to April but he's still talking to her and making an effort.

I just want him to talk about what's up with him. He used to hang out with Alex and we've seen him open up to Meredith but that doesn't happen anymore. I thought maybe they would bring his father back since they mention him last season but since Alex's father came back I doubt that would happen. I am looking forward to Alex's storyline but I think a lot of Jackson's issues stem from being abandoned by his father so his return would really hit him hard and force him to confront things.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

I am sure next episode when Jackson's mother comes, Stephanie will suggest that she should introduce herself to his mom, and in his casual indifference he will never be excited nor opposed, so we will not be able to get any insight into what is going on in his head.

I hope he doesn't insult his own mother if she ends up disliking Stephanie and she goes to whine about this to Jackson.