Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Alley Cats [Alex ღ Jo] #32: Because he proposed!

W E L C O M E T O T H E 32nd
ALEX KAREV & JO WILSON
A P P R E C T I A T I O N T H R E A D

"...in my mind, they're these two alley cats who hang around together."

shippers.
01. ryanforever
02. Christian'sKimberDoll
03. fragileღheart
04. LEYTON_TLA
05. *~Sophia~*
06. JaSam4Life
07. Pretti
08. Two-Core-Aura
09. feelingepic
10. aab11
11. Slexie
12. tinnie75
12. crashintoyou
13. gingerly
14. MexieFan
15. bandcandy
16. HiddenFancy
17. Liam's curls
18. TheShepherds
19. sdrewfan84
20. {worshipfulness}
21. ces't moi
22. sweetxmisery
23. Hellmouth
24. Chastidy
25. Petrovafire
26. mel_
27. FanFun
28. Mountain_Girl
29. Japril
30. AlwaysCB
31. I LOVE japril
32. Annso
33. katie1993
34. Sav@
35. NTga848
36. maryy89
37. xsweetgirlx91
38. jokarev
39. yarens
40. I'msolost
41. AmidalaEmma
42. Laurène
43. dh23
44. Lauren James

moments.

honourary shippers.
camilla luddington
justin chambers
sarah drew
caterina scorsone
kelly mccreary
kevin mckidd
meredith grey
cristina yang
arizona robbins

download here

quotes.
"if you watch back there are hints of jo falling for him too,
a long time before that kiss. she was crazy about him but
tried hard to ignore those feelings, because she thought
she'd mess it up and ruin their friendship. her insecurities
are just like alex's. but for her - he was always number one.
and there are so many signs of that throughout the season.
but she also had no clue alex felt that way..."

"he allows her to be vulnerable when she
normally carefully controls what she exposes about herself,
and she allows him -- no judgment -- to be exactly who he is."

"she's finding her footing in how to navigate,
for the first time, a really trusting relationship.
he may go above and beyond for her, but jo would
also do anything for him. she wouldn't abandon him."

"i think your "person" would never leave you.
i think they couldn't walk away from you
because it would be hard to breathe without you.
i don't think they have to be "perfect" by any means,
i think they just have to fit for you."
- camilla luddington

"sometimes it’s not about opposites attracting.
sometimes you need to be cut from the
same cloth to move forward, I think that
they understand each other really well,
but I think that she adds an excitement to him
— a spark."

"he’s found someone who is his match
and he’s challenged by that. before,
it was always about, ‘well this is what
i went through and you don’t know what
it’s like.’ now someone does know what
it’s like, so that should be a good challenge.”

"what i’ve been doing the last two years, i think,
is great. they’re giving alex some fun stuff to do with jo."
- justin chambers

the moment.

reasons.
01. Because they both come from similar backgrounds.
02. Because she steals doughnuts from Dermatology for him.
03. Because she bought him a couch... with the money she won from him.
04. Because they drink beer and hang out.
05. Because she cherishes their friendship.
06. Because he's into her.
07. Because he still believes co-workers dating can work.
08. Because she doesn't want to never see him again.
09. Because she wouldn't find a teacher as good as him if she left.
10. Because he wants the best for her.
11. Because he loves her.
12. Because he would have killed a guy for her.
13. Because she wouldn't have let him cover for her.
14. Because their love is so strong it smashes windows.
15. Because why wouldn't he?
16. Because his home is hers.
17. Because she wears his sweaters like they're made for her.
18. Because they're both fighters.
19. Because not everyone is like them.
20. Because mother nature ships them so hard she had to get in on the action, too.
21. Because her crazy fits his crazy.
22. Because "OH, THANK GOD."
23. Because she's the thing that's special.
24. Because he should have thrown her over his shoulder and had his way with her months ago.
25. Because she's not a nobody.
26. Because at least with her, thinking about dead people is a mood killer.
27. Because Justin Chambers swears that Jo really is Alex's person.
28. Because "dog face."
29. Because he let her in.

fanmixes.

previous threads.
01. Because he called her "Princess"
02. Because she doesn't want to never see him again.
03. Because he loves her.
04. Because she allows him to be exactly who he is.
05. Because they've turned us into tree haters and couch lovers.
06. Because, "..." "I don't hear anything." "Shut up." "Okay, but-" "I'm serious." "Fine." "I love you."
07. Because "If you watch back there are hints of Jo falling for him too, a long time before that kiss."
08. Because it's fate, or whatever.
09. Because, "Alex and Jo are really charmingly funny together." - Shonda Rhimes
10. Because mother nature ships it so hard she had to get in on the action too.
11. "She's the thing that's special, dumbass." - Cristina
12. "Because,"she adds an excitement to him - a spark." - Justin Chambers
13. They're both flawed but they complement each other and there’s an unconditional love."- Justin
14. Because he is her sexy double agent.
15. Because we are hoping for lots of emotional Jolex scenes in season 11.
16. Because we are very grateful for all the goodies we got lately.
17. Because "Jo is the love of his life." - Justin Chambers
18.Because we are impatiently waiting for our big Jolex storyline this season

justin & camilla.

on tumblr.

Last edited by jokarev; 01-12-2016 at 04:21 AM
Old 11-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

It's really easy to open a new thread when you're not on your phone.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT jokarev!!

I like the title, like xsweetgirlx91 said, even if we are not happy about it, it's a really big deal, and it deserves to be our title.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT! Yeah, none of us should open threads with our phones ever again, it never goes well.

Quote:
Even if it wasn't the right time at all, I have to admit I felt so much more the "proposal" in 10x12, at least there, Alex was all about Jo. And this make me so sad now.
I agree with you. His speech in 10x12 felt so much more real. And I loved and still love every part of it because I love the idea of Alex and Jo being the only family they need so much more than Jo taking herself out of the equation because she doesn't want to make him choose between her and his friends. I'm so tired of his friends. I can already seeing it happen: At the end of the season Jo will get a job offer somewhere else and he won't go with her because he won't wanna leave his damn friends.

Quote:
And I think I'm the only one here, but even during a break up, I don't want the Jolex storyline put in pause for give Jo the time to focus on her career. I mean, OF COURSE I want see Jo have finally a storyline about her as a doctor, and with Callie would be the best option ever, but I need both. I feel like we are in pause for 2 seasons with Jolex, all of it because of Alex and his friends, so I really need to get some focus on them too, I miss the real Jolex so much. And the proposal thrown out in this horrible way just ruined them even more, because after years of nothing but frustration, they destroyed even this moment to us.
I'm with you there now. I think the fact that Alex wanted to propose and that Meredith helped him hide the ring has made me calm down a little. I wanted Jo as far away from all of them as possible but now I want to see Jolex moments even if they break up. Longing looks and painful moments, is that too much to ask? But I'm not sure if Jo will break up with him. Maybe his proposal has calmed her down too. The fact that he wants to be with her for the rest of his life. I could see her telling him that she needs more time or that it's neither a yes nor a no. All I know is, Alex needs to change first for them to get married. Jo was ready to leave him just so he wouldn't have to choose between her and his friends and I think he needs to make some sacrificies here too.

And about Justin: I'm pretty sure it's not him who's tweeting from his account so I'm not sure if we should trust him. But Camilla did retweet it, so I think maybe we should.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I can already seeing it happen: At the end of the season Jo will get a job offer somewhere else and he won't go with her because he won't wanna leave his damn friends.
Last season I would've said that Meredith needs to be nicer to Jo because if Alex had to choose he would choose Jo but oh well, now everything changed I guess. I hate that we're just supposed to forget that Jo was Alex's person just because Cristina left. See how protective Meredith still is over Cristina? I don't see her being like this about Alex. She's there for Owen because she promised Cristina but she didn't think that Alex should have the board seat when Cristina left it to him. The writers make Alex repeat constantly how important Meredith is to him but they don't show it the other way around and that annoys me the most. If indeed Alex ever chooses his friends over Jo then he should just live happily ever after with them. At some point being everyone's friend won't be enough for him.

How do you know about Justin? I hope it's not him because someone of the things he tweets make me roll my eyes.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I can already seeing it happen: At the end of the season Jo will get a job offer somewhere else and he won't go with her because he won't wanna leave his damn friends.
Last season I would've said that Meredith needs to be nicer to Jo because if Alex had to choose he would choose Jo but oh well, now everything changed I guess. I hate that we're just supposed to forget that Jo was Alex's person just because Cristina left. See how protective Meredith still is over Cristina? I don't see her being like this about Alex. She's there for Owen because she promised Cristina but she didn't think that Alex should have the board seat when Cristina left it to him. The writers make Alex repeat constantly how important Meredith is to him but they don't show it the other way around and that annoys me the most. If indeed Alex ever chooses his friends over Jo then he should just live happily ever after with them. At some point being everyone's friend won't be enough for him.

How do you know about Justin? I hope it's not him because someone of the things he tweets make me roll my eyes.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Love the title guys and tftnt!

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I want to see Jolex moments even if they break up. Longing looks and painful moments, is that too much to ask?
Aww how much I want to see that! I think these moments are important as much as the romantic and happy moments, and after seeing Alex take Jo so for granted is absolutely necessary something like that. It could show me how he loves her more than a proposal IMO.

Quote:
But I'm not sure if Jo will break up with him. Maybe his proposal has calmed her down too. The fact that he wants to be with her for the rest of his life. I could see her telling him that she needs more time or that it's neither a yes nor a no.
Yeah, it could be, and at this point I think I would be more with it. I mean, I decided I don't want a yes, for sure, but a big no would be too much and could destroy Alex so much that maybe he wouldn't even be able to fix things Lol

If she said "I don't know for now" Alex could have the time for fix everything and then try again. But before a marriage can happen, Alex needs to understand the problem, because even his speech about "I'm listening etc.." doesn't sound real to me, it was like he said that because he loves her and of course wants to be there for her, but the fact is that he doesn't see how the problem is real. So he needs to see it, and that could happen only with him be afraid to lose Jo.

Haha yeah, I wasn't sure it was really him who tweeted lately, but then his account usually didn't make promises, so I was thinking maybe we could trusted this one LOL
I really hope for some surprises btw, because sure we deserve more in 12B.

Quote:
See how protective Meredith still is over Cristina? I don't see her being like this about Alex. She's there for Owen because she promised Cristina but she didn't think that Alex should have the board seat when Cristina left it to him. The writers make Alex repeat constantly how important Meredith is to him but they don't show it the other way around and that annoys me the most.
Don't let me start with that! I get so angry!!!! I just can't believe how they can do that without acknowledge how the situation with Alex is instead so pathetic. And don't let me start talking about how Mer can hate Rigss for Owen but can't respect Jo for Alex...

Last edited by Sav@; 11-22-2015 at 02:18 PM
Old 11-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokarev (View Post)
We got screwed over, that's the easiest way to say it. I wish I could have an interview with Shonda and ask her a few questions. I'd love to remind her that once she called Jo Alex's person (Justin and Camilla did the same) and how we're just supposed to forget about that now.

And I've actually seen so many angry Alex fans who are upset that Meredith is more there for Owen than she is for Alex. Last season too when she found out about him and Amelia. I thought Derek wouldn't be happy but it was Meredith. And not because she saw how Owen hurt Cristina and didn't want the same to happen to Amelia but because she promised Cristina to take care of Owen! I'm still baffled about that. Shows how much Cristina means to Meredith but it's Alex now who is always there for her and like you said, I don't see her being such a good friend to him.

Quote:
It's various reasons actually.
1. Justin used to tweet completely differently and showed how little he knew about twitter and then suddenly his tweets were all professional with hashtags and capital letters and quotes. But of course he could've learned so that's not proof enough.
2. He was spotted having dinner with his wife once while the person, I assume his assistant was live tweeting the Grey's episode.
3. Remember the night Camilla posted the last selfie with Justin? They were filming while Grey's was airing (I think it was episode 6), so whoever is tweeting from Justin's account isn't him. Not even Camilla live tweeted that evening because she was working - with Justin - so it definitely can't be him in charge of his twitter account. It was also the same night he replied to one of Katherine Heigl's tweets and I believe Justin would've tweeted more than a simple "XO". Like you I don't like some of the things that are being tweeted from his account and I really wish his assistant or whoever is in charge would do a better job. Some people form their opinions based on how the actors present themselves on social media and Justin's twitter account never reacts when one of his colleagues tweet him. So yeah, best thing is probably to not focus much on the social media stuff.

Quote:
And don't let me start talking about how Mer can hate Rigss for Owen but can't respect Jo for Alex...
Oh God yes! That one annoys me so much. I honestly don't know what Shonda wants to do here tbh. If you ask Alex Meredith is the only one he can count on and the most important person in his life but then they never show it the other way around with Meredith who always seems to support everyone but Alex! She's a great sister/friend to Maggie when she has relationship problems, why not to Alex? I don't get it because it doesn't make their personhood look very good IMO. But most people don't even realize that as long as Alex is there for Meredith.

Last edited by xsweetgirlx91; 11-22-2015 at 02:32 PM
Old 11-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Aww how much I want to see that! I think these moments are important as much as the romantic and happy moments, and after seeing Alex take Jo so for granted is absolutely necessary something like that. It could show me how he loves her more than a proposal IMO.
I'd love that. I need some Jolex angst badly. I wonder what Alex would've done if he didn't have a ring? Would he have run after Jo and asked her not to go?

Quote:
We got screwed over, that's the easiest way to say it. I wish I could have an interview with Shonda and ask her a few questions. I'd love to remind her that once she called Jo Alex's person (Justin and Camilla did the same) and how we're just supposed to forget about that now.
After all the things that happened out of nowhere and make no sense I would love to have a talk with her too. And ask Justin and Camilla how they feel about their characters' SLs. I'm pretty sure Justin would call Alex a moron again. He's been married for 22 years and I'm pretty sure he never treated his wife like Alex is treating Jo now.

Thanks for the clarification! I think that makes a lot of sense. Now I don't have to wonder anymore why Justin never replies to Camilla. Or anyone really. So many of his co-stars have tweeted him in the past few months and he never replies to anyone.

I don't get it either. To me that feels like Shonda is making Meredith be there for the characters she (Shonda) cares about. Seems like she doesn't care much if Meredith is there for Alex or not. At first I thought they were doing this to cause some trouble between Mer/Alex but it's not like that is ever happening. I just hate that Alex still can't say "yeah, you're right. Mer has always been there for me but lately she hasn't." Or "yeah I know Mer's not exactly nice to you, I'll talk to her." I find it pathetic from Alex too but I've long lost hope that anything about this situation is ever gonna change.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsweetgirlx91 (View Post)

At the end of the season Jo will get a job offer somewhere else and he won't go with her because he won't wanna leave his damn friends.
Please, don't even say that

I really wish Alex would realize that Meredith isn't there for him as much as he thinks. I used to like their friendship, but now when I think about it, I prefer his friendship with Cristina so much more. They may not have shown any deep connection and they were mean to each other and it was just funny, but at the end of the day Cristina always believed in Alex which she has shown on several occasions. Meredith never seem to do so

Also I wish they showed us a proper reason for Meredith not liking Jo. Because in s9 finale she told her that she likes her, but now she doesn't seem to acknowledge her.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I think after this episode I just realized- things will never change. I'm pretty sure that no matter what Meredith does Alex will always take her side from now and defend her. It's what Shonda wants him to do. And of course she wants to portray Meredith as the good guy, so Alex acting like she's the most important person in his life and completely disregarding Jo here is something Shonda is willing to show in order to highlight what a great main character she has.

I just wish Shonda would stop diminishing what Jolex have to make the Merlex friendship look better. Or you know, if she's gonna do that she should show us Meredith being there for Alex when Jo isn't. So I can at least see why Alex is acting like this. It will make me sad as a Jolex fan but then Alex's behavior and devotion to Meredith will at least make sense to me.

This way I'm just seeing Arizona and Jo being the only ones who support Alex and then him saying that Meredith is the only one he can count on. That makes me not only sad but also mad.

But like I said, I gave up hope. We should accept that Jo will never be his priority again. She said that she doesn't want to be his second choice and he didn't even say "you're not. You're my priority Jo. It's you I wanna spend the rest of my life with." He just said that he's in her corner but that doesn't answer the priority question.

Agree with you, tinnie75 in everything you said.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know, but most things that Alex says these days sound like empty talk to me. "I'm listening, I've been listening, I'm right here Jo, I love you" sounds nice and all but he's not exactly showed any of the things he's said. There are so many situations where he didn't listen to Jo at all this season, and there were situations when he wasn't there and when he wasn't in her corner. And him saying that Meredith is the only one he can count on hasn't exactly been proven in the past seasons either. It makes me wanna smack his head and ask him what the hell he's talking about!

One thing I know is that husbands or boyfriends who are all about their friends never make good significant others. Of course a couple should have friends outside of their relationship and not only spend time together 24/7 but Alex is nearing the other extreme. And tbh I don't want Jolex to be a couple where both Alex and Jo hang out with friends only. Right now the problem is that Alex has too many people while Jo only has Steph. But if she had a few friends more it would be all about them spending time with their friends and not together - just like last season. And that was pretty awful to watch too.

I just need them to have a storyline that is just about the two of them again. None about Alex's friends. One about Jolex only. Even if they're broken up while that happens.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT!!
The proposal... Alex tried just to catch up as it can..He felt he was going to lose her....

They need to break up for get back together at the end....
really want to see something happen to Jo and Alex be worried for her....
Sad Justin never be interviewed....

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I find it pathetic from Alex too but I've long lost hope that anything about this situation is ever gonna change.
Quote:
I think after this episode I just realized- things will never change. I'm pretty sure that no matter what Meredith does Alex will always take her side from now and defend her.
So do you think even if Jo says no to him, things aren't gonna change? I know that all of it happened just because they needed Alex for Mer, and nothing was about Jolex, but if Jo says no, or says "I need to think about it" do you think Alex won't do anything? I don't have so much hope either, but I think that something could change in this situation, it's not like Alex won't be there for Meredith anymore, but at least I can see him say something to her about stop be a bitch to his girlfriend or realize that he needs to make Jo a priority.. I'm just dreaming?

Quote:
really want to see something happen to Jo and Alex be worried for her....
Do you know what? Actually I don't want to see that anymore. Because I don't want Alex to realize how important Jo is to him just because she is in dangerous, I want him to realize how she matter to him in his everyday.

Quote:
I used to like their friendship, but now when I think about it, I prefer his friendship with Cristina so much more. They may not have shown any deep connection and they were mean to each other and it was just funny, but at the end of the day Cristina always believed in Alex which she has shown on several occasions. Meredith never seem to do so
This make me so sad now. Is so true!