Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-29-2015, 04:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
There's not so much of my love for Alex left at this point, but I don't like it when he's being treated like that.
Has it really come that far with you? You used to be one of the biggest Alex fans I know. Seeing you say something like that makes me sad because it really shows how much the show must've ruined him for you to say this.

But I totally understand all of you guys' frustrations. I've been telling myself for two years now that Jolex's time will come. And all I see is almost every other couple constantly having storylines. Some characters are so much in the front that I've started to despise them and their constant drama.

Characters with potential are being ignored and denied storylines while characters who have run their course keep getting more and more. I was actually gonna go so far as call Alex one of those people since the only storyline I still want to see for him (that is only about him) is meeting Amber and his mom. But then again he's the only original who hasn't settled down and started a family even in his 12th season, so there's that for him too. But how in hell are we ever supposed to see him start a family with Jo if the writers only ever use him for other people's stories?

I can only keep hoping even though I've been doing that in vain for the past two years already.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Has it really come that far with you? You used to be one of the biggest Alex fans I know. Seeing you say something like that makes me sad because it really shows how much the show must've ruined him for you to say this.
Thanks for thinking of me as one of the biggest Alex fans. That really means a lot. I have spent years watching this show only for him because he was just so intriguing and all the bad things kept happening to him that just made me realize how invested I was in his happy ending. Plus I am a huge JC fan because I think that he's just a wonderful person. I'm not sure if it was a combination of both Alex's bad boy with heart of gold attitude and Justin being the sweetest human being that made me such a huge fan. Usually I would like a character, even fangirl over them but after two year tops I would move on. For some reason that never happened with Alex, even when he was the biggest jerk or even when I hated his love interests (Lucy and Ava specifically).

But now I really think I can even go as far as saying that I'm not a fan anymore. Almost all the character traits I loved so much about Alex are gone. His loyalty and the need to care for his people are still there but since I'm seeing him only use them on Meredith who IMO isn't a good friend in return I'm not very happy about it. I've seen posts written by Alex fans that suggest otherwise but I think Alex has been changed a lot by the writers to fit in the role of Meredith's person and I just can't like this new Alex. I keep constantly thinking back to how amazing he used to be in season 10 and I miss that so much.

A huge factor is also his friends. Idk but in all those years I never had a problem with any of his friendships until season 11. Now I despise them all except Arizona. And considering that most of his scenes are friendship scenes with characters I don't like that makes me not enjoy his scenes at all anymore. I just miss Cristina terribly. I miss her dynamic with Alex. It was hilarious and every single one of their scenes made me smile. Plus I think they had a very great build up over the years. Him bonding with Maggie or Amelia so fast for no reason just makes their friendships look incredibly superficial to me. And it's not like they ever share secrets or support him. I bet now that Amelia and Meredith are in the outs we won't see Alex hang out with Amelia either. Should Maggie ever have a fallout with Meredith it will be the same. They're not really Alex's friends, they're just there when he hangs out with Meredith.

I also don't understand his actions anymore when I used to be able to perfectly tell you why he was acting the way he was acting. He did some bad things over the years but I always defended him. Now I get annoyed when I see people defending his behavior towards Jo. I also get annoyed when I see people saying that he deserves better than Jo or that they only care about Alex's happiness in his relationship and not Jo's.
Because I really feel like after having been handed so much crap by life he met such an amazing girl who's going through thick and thin with him and who loves him more than anything in the world, and he doesn't appreciate her like he should. That makes me so mad. And since he doesn't appreciate her and nobody else on the show does, the viewers don't either.

I think I always root for the underdogs and another reason I ended up loving Alex so much was that he got hated on for every little thing he used to do which made me become more and more protective over him. Now people love him all of a sudden because he became McDreamy 2.0 whereas Jo is getting crapped on no matter what she does. Shonda said that Alex has finally grown up and I think she made him the type of male character she likes, only that he bores me to death now and that his personality change happened so abruptly.

I just don't find Alex intriguing at all anymore and I've lost a lot of interest since last season. He's not the worst boyfriend on the show, I want to emphasize that again, but it annoys me that he only seems to have a backbone when it comes to Jo anymore. And it's not even like Jo deserves for him to be an ass to her, she's the one who deserves it the least.
It makes me really sad that I've come so far as losing interest in Alex. I think Jo has a lot of potential and so does Jolex, and those two are what I'll focus on from now on. I'll hope that the writers will give Jo an awesome character development and that they'll explore the potential that the Jolex relationship has. I'd love to see more of the Alex I fell in love with again, but after 12A I doubt it. I feel like old Alex left the same night Cristina did.

I'm sorry for this very negative post about Alex. I'm sure not everyone will agree, this is just my personal opinion about him. I envy the Alex fans who can still enjoy him and who still see old Alex in him and who like his friendships. And this was more of a reply to yarens and not meant as a discussion post. If anyone disagrees with me I'll happily accept that since I think that everyone perceives a fictional character differently. I've tried arguing with people before about the fact that I think that Alex is ooc and I've realized that people who don't see it won't see it. Me listing scenes that made me cringe doesn't change how other people perceive those scenes.

Now that I've gotten this out of my system I'll try to complain less about Alex in my future posts. Part of me will always love him but he's driving me crazy at the moment and the bigger part of me is just angry with him. I really hope that will change soon because shippng Jolex while being mad at Alex won't go well for long.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

I certainly get where you're coming from even if the situation hasn't gotten that bad for me yet. It's just sad that the writers have made us reach this point. Especially since we all loved who Alex turned out to be in season 10, and then they just did a one-eighty with his character.

I hope we'll see old Alex back soon too. I miss him badly.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm still an huge Alex fan, I keep watching first of all for him, but I agree with everything xsweetgirlx91 said. I think you described perfectly what are my problems with him lately.

And I have to said that, I'm so mad at him when it comes to Jolex, but for all the rest, my biggest problem is that the most intriguing character of which I fell in love 11 years ago, now is the shadow of himself and is becoming so so boring. And this doesn't make me mad, make me sad.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will always love Alex. I want more screen time and SL for him though...

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 11-29-2015, 08:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm still an huge Alex fan, I keep watching first of all for him, but I agree with everything xsweetgirlx91 said. I think you described perfectly what are my problems with him lately
Thanks so much. I'm glad to have another huge Alex fan back me up. It feels good to know I'm not the only one who feels that way about him.

I wish they'd just give us old Alex back already. I don't know but whenever Shonda says something positive about one of the characters I always end up not liking them much anymore. It just really feels like Shonda and I have very very different views on what makes characters great.

I just want my old Alex back. Maybe if he gets less friendship scenes that will happen.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:53 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm totally with you xsweetgirlx91. I think Jo not saying yes to his proposal should wake Alex up from his deep sleep. I don't know what's been going on with him lately but he's so oblivious and so weird.

I can't believe that we have to wait so long till February. But at least we'll have 17 episodes to look forward to and I really hope they'll be full of Jolex this time.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't been online here in forever, so while you guys are through with discussing the latest episode I want to say some things.

I'm really disappointed with the route that the writers chose for Alex this season. Never would I have pictured him as someone who'd ignore his girlfriend for his friends. And except for Meredith and Arizona all those friends aren't even really friends but more people he hangs out with. I found the way he treated Jo in the episode very upsetting and I can't really believe that he proposed after that. He's just such an idiot. He loves Jo more than anything, I'm sure of it, but he's doing such a crappy job showing it lately. And that's why I hope that Jo will say no and that her answer will make him realize that he needs to change.

Jo needs to learn to immediately speak up when something bothers her but IMO the real problem here is Alex. If he shows no realization and understanding to the problem and keeps being so oblivious Jolex will never resolve their issues. I have had the feeling that he's been quite a brickwall in the past two seasons whenever Jo confronted him. He only ever saw her point in 12x03 and "compromised". I hope he'll be able to see her point this time too. He said in his proposal that he's listening but he hasn't been listening at all in the past months.

I think the worst case scenario for me will be Jo saying yes and them getting engaged and nothing changing. But I think Jo is too reasonable to be blinded by a ring and a few nice words and that's why I don't think she'll say yes. I have hope at least.

That being said, I can also understand why you're so frustrated, xsweetgirlx91. I think all hardcore / longterm Alex fans aren't very happy with his character at the moment. We can only hope that he'll change soon. I hope Jo will be able to change him, otherwise I'm not sure if we'll ever see old Alex again.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
I will always love Alex. I want more screen time and SL for him though...
Not me, not if he dont change his atitude

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love the title BTW
Old 11-30-2015, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Great title. Have we any new spoilers?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that he needs to realize that Meredith isn't the sun, Jo is

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 11-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsweetgirlx91 (View Post)
'Grey's Anatomy' Season 12 Spoilers: ‘Sound Of Silence’ Reveals Jo, Alex’s Relationship Status : ENTERTAINMENT : Design & Trend
Just saw this on twitter as JOLEX SPOILER and was excited for about 10 seconds until I read the article.

It looks like episode 9 is not a dream or AU and we will actually hear what Jo replied to Alex. Only that with Ellen being in every scene we will probably hear Alex tell Meredith about it instead of seeing Jo give him an answer.
Chastidy, here's the only spoiler we have so far.

I agree with you maryy89. Very well said. I think despite Jo being the one having to answer a question it's Alex in whose court the ball is now. If he wants to make their relationship work he needs to learn to balance his friendships. Like falling slowly said, to him Jo should be the sun. It's gonna be the two of them together. I know someone like Alex who never had any stability in his romantic relationships probably appreciates a friendship like Meredith's even more, also because it's not just romantic partners who keep leaving but also his friends. But he needs to look ahead and realize that ultimately it's him and Jo. They have to raise their kids together someday and they are the ones going through thick and thin while his friends always have something going on on their own.

I think my biggest disagreement with the show and Shonda at the moment is that I'm someone who thinks that at a certain age your romantic partner should be the most important person in your life. When we are young, in high school or college, we always get told not to put any boyfriend/girlfriend above our friendships but that's usually because those relationships aren't meant to last. When you grow up and find the right person to spend the rest of your life with then that person should be your priority, not your friends who have relationships and families on their own. And I hate that Shonda makes those adult surgeons look like a bunch of college students, hanging out in cliques and living together as roommates when they can all afford their own apartments.

I love how some haters call Jo immature when Jo really thinks along the lines of an adult most of the time. And that's even though she's one of the youngest characters on the show.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Great title. Have we any new spoilers?
Nada

Old 12-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Camilla Luddington ‏@camilluddington 6m6 minutes ago

Shooting today with @7JustinChambers .. As his fiancé? Or not..? #winterhiatus #GreysAnatomy #yesOrNo

Haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/-wvQrlEX...sarahdrewgreys

Last edited by ryanforever; 12-01-2015 at 12:56 PM