Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Jolex had no SL.i'ts always the same story, he act like a jerk he apologies and Jo forgive him...

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
i'ts always the same story, he act like a jerk he apologies and Jo forgive him...
I have a feeling not this time.

Quote:
But a real talk about Izzie or Alex's first marriage hasn't happened yet. I'm still holding out hope that it will since I'm sure that this proposal won't end well.
Hoping for this too. I mean if they get married there should be a talk about Alex's first marriage before, right? I want to know about his feelings about marriage and how he feels about Jo.

This actually annoyed me now. Because like xsweetgirlx91 to me it felt like falling in love with Jo happened at the most unexpected time for Alex. When he realized his feelings for her he pulled away and started building his walls instead of showing her how he felt like he had with Izzie or Lucy. He was scared to fall in love again and yet it happened and he opened up to Jo in the end. And I believe he didn't regret it once. Jo is easily the best thing that has happened to him but he's not showing how much he loves and appreciates her with his actions. And considering that Jo probably always has been treated very poorly in her life this makes me even madder at Alex. Treat your woman like a queen because she deserves it, you freaking moron! It's not like she's ever had much support or love in her life.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarens (View Post)
I have a feeling not this time.

Hoping for this too. I mean if they get married there should be a talk about Alex's first marriage before, right? I want to know about his feelings about marriage and how he feels about Jo.

This actually annoyed me now. Because like xsweetgirlx91 to me it felt like falling in love with Jo happened at the most unexpected time for Alex. When he realized his feelings for her he pulled away and started building his walls instead of showing her how he felt like he had with Izzie or Lucy. He was scared to fall in love again and yet it happened and he opened up to Jo in the end. And I believe he didn't regret it once. Jo is easily the best thing that has happened to him but he's not showing how much he loves and appreciates her with his actions. And considering that Jo probably always has been treated very poorly in her life this makes me even madder at Alex. Treat your woman like a queen because she deserves it, you freaking moron! It's not like she's ever had much support or love in her life.
UGH this makes me so furious! The only positive thing about this is that it only happened after Alex became Meredith's person, so it's mostly him sucking at balancing his friendships and his relationship and not him not loving Jo enough..But I really really really hope that Shonda has an end in sight for this awful storyline. Of course Alex should be there for Meredith but he shouldn't be a crappy boyfriend to do so and I hope he'll realize that soon. I'm so tired of this.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Loyal Fan

'Grey's Anatomy' Season 12 Spoilers: ‘Sound Of Silence’ Reveals Jo, Alex’s Relationship Status : ENTERTAINMENT : Design & Trend
Just saw this on twitter as JOLEX SPOILER and was excited for about 10 seconds until I read the article.

It looks like episode 9 is not a dream or AU and we will actually hear what Jo replied to Alex. Only that with Ellen being in every scene we will probably hear Alex tell Meredith about it instead of seeing Jo give him an answer.

Ugh. The one time we get a cliffhanger and then we don't even get a follow up scene. Great.

I know Camilla is in the episode, but I'm not sure if she has scenes with Justin. And even if she does, I'm sure Ellen was with them too.

I think this means that Jo will say no or something similiar to no. I'm really okay with that. Maybe if we see Alex talk to Meredith about it we'll see Meredith be a good friend to him and give him advice. That would be nice. I hope we won't get another scenario like in 11x24 with Alex being upset and talking to Mer and her only thinking about her own problems. I want to actually like Merlex again and I just need something coming from Mer for once.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sounds like a no to me too. I was expecting it since they didn't show us Jo saying yes but turned it into a cliffhanger. I think I would hate it if she said yes and we wouldn't even see it now. So I'm glad that it will be a no most likely. Could be a "I'll think about it" too. Whatever it is, I'm sure we'll see Alex talk to Meredith about it in episode 9.

I hope that if she said no we'll see a few looks between Alex and Jo in episode 9. Even with Meredith being next to them the writers could still give us longing or hurt gazes, right? It's the least they can do to make up for the fact that we won't see Jo's answer.

And like you I just want to see a more balanced out Merlex friendship again. Because the scene in the elevator in 11x24 was angering to say the least. Alex said that Jo isn't talking to him and all Meredith replied with was "is she moving out? Then we can move Amelia in since she's mad at me." I'm still annoyed with that scene. Hope we won't see a repetition of it in episode 9.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:12 AM
Loyal Fan

To be honest, now that I think about it I could see Jo saying "I need time" and Alex talking to Meredith about that. Because remember how down he was when Jo wasn't talking to him in 9x22? He was listening to metal and wearing a hoodie and he was just in a really bad mood. I can't see him acting all normal if Jo turns him down again. And since the episode will be Meredith centric I would find it unfair not to show how Alex is dealing with that rejection. Imagine if he and Jo broke up, he should be more down than in 9x22.

I know that Jo is still in the loft in 12x10 and that there's a scene outside the loft with Meredith's car.. I doubt that Meredith is visiting Jo, so Alex and Jo will still be together in that episode. If they break up I could see Meredith picking up Alex and his stuff. If that scene is just another carpool scene I'll just roll my eyes. I'm so tired of the stupid carpool scenes.

All I know is that if Jo says yes I want to see her say yes and not hear it in a conversation. So I'll hope that she won't say yes. If she says no I'd like to see that on screen too but what I want to see more is Alex being devastated over that which won't happen in the Meredith centric episode since the focus will be on Meredith.
So I'm hoping for an "I need more time".
Old 11-28-2015, 05:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's so hard for me to come to a conclusion based on the spoilers. If Meredith gets hurt next episode how is she able to drive her car in episode 10? They could do a time jump again but with Jo being in her last year they can't keep doing time jumps when she doesn't even have a specialty yet. Soon she'll have to take her boards!

I think it will be neither a yes nor a no and they'll at least still be living together in episode 10. If Meredith is there to pick up Alex's stuff because he and Jo broke up I can't see a time jump happening before, but then Meredith's injuries healing so quickly would make no sense.

I think I need to wait for the next spoiler because right now I'm just confused.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ugh, whatever it is a yes, a no, or I need time, now I don't like that we'll know in 12x09.
It's unfair, because we are always put aside by others stories/characters so now we can't have focus even for an important answer like that?

I can be even ok with Alex talking with Mer about the situation, but whatever will happen I need a moment with Alex and Jo alone for understand their reasons and their thought about it, and if Meredith will be in every scene this mean we can't have that... I hope we can deserve a little attention for our own in 12x10 at least...
Old 11-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It's unfair, because we are always put aside by others stories/characters so now we can't have focus even for an important answer like that?
This is just freaking outrageous. The way the writers treeat Jolex on this show is the worst. I hate that I let myself get sucked into this mess. First they get ignored for two years, then they have a big moment like a proposal and now we don't even see the answer to it. This is just so disappointing. I keep wondering why I'm even still watching.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

I agree that it is outrageous to imagine that we will not even see a flashback to Jo's answer since Meredith is in every scene, but she was not in the scene when Alex and Jo ended on a cliffhanger. This show is getting truly imbalanced and it is unfair and not fun for those who do not love the lead characters.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Sure we get Jo answer in next episode,even i'ts a Mer episode...

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe Meredith isn't really in every scene? I hate that I will neither see Jo nor Jackson's answer. I really don't know why the writers wanted to do the Meredith centric episode right after the winter finale with all the cliffhangers. Why not do it one episode later? This show is very disappointing. They should have warned us in season 9: "attention, don't get attached to Alex and Jo, we don't really care about them and you won't see much of their relationship since we will always need Alex for something else. And when we don't we have 13 other characters whose storylines will always be more important."
Old 11-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

I think the show has always centered around Meredith but without Derek and Cristina as her anchors, her story-lines are no longer as compelling. Perhaps they are trying to redeem this for the audience by giving her a centric episode, to revive her character.

Regardless, it is too bad that they set up cliffhangers which will be resolved through the lens of a character who isn't really involved in either relationships. I might even prefer if Jackson and April did not feature in that episode at all, so that the resolution to the question is actually through their immediate scene together. Jolex have no chance of this happening, since Alex is too closely associated with Meredith right now.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I think that's even possible for Japril. Justin Chambers has been in every episode so far whereas other originals like James Pickens or Chandra Wilson weren't featured in every episode. I'm not sure why that is the case, but now due to his tight bond with Meredith it's a sure thing that Alex will be there. I even saw BTS pics showing him work with Meredith. I think like Sav@ already said, the worst part here is that we won't even really see how Alex will handle a possible rejection. I'd be okay not seeing Jo say no if they showed in detail how Alex and Jo feel afterwards. I'm sure we won't see any of that, and even if we do, not to the extent we should.

I hope for Japril that they aren't featured at all because Meredith is indeed not involved at all in their relationship. At least with Jolex she's part of the reason why they're fighting. That's really sad considering that Meredith was April's bridesmaid at her wedding. It's like the writers forgot about all the bonding that has ever happened between Meredith and April, and even between Meredith and Jo. But then again, Alex is extremely good at ditching his friends too. First Jackson, then Arizona, now Callie. He only hangs out with the people who hang out with Meredith, it's pathetic really.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:25 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm so bummed again. I think about it and it's been two freaking years since they had a proper storyline. People don't even know anymore why they were such a good couple in the first place. The fact that they took away Jo being Alex's person took a whole lot from their relationship, Alex acting like he doesn't even care about Jo made it worse. Now he proposed but I'm sure people think he's not doing it out of love since he doesn't act like he's in love.

We've been waiting for so long for it to be our turn but the truth is, even if something big happens with Jolex, something bigger always happens with some other couple or character. They send one or two characters away and we think "yay now they will hopefully focus more on Jolex" but then they add 3 new characters who all take up all of the screentime.

I hope that Jo and Jolex will finally have storylines in 12B, but in the long run I'm not expecting to see the storylines I want to see for them. I'm sure instead of really diving into their foster kid pasts at some point they will make one of them cheat to create drama or drag this Meredith issue out for the next two seasons. That is if they don't get rid of Alex or Jo sooner due to the bloated cast.

I know sometimes I get all desperate and write such a negative post but then my next one is positive again. Sorry for that. It's just that I try to be optimistic because we have at least episode 10 to look forward to, but then I think back to all those times I was optimistic only to be disappointed again by the writers and realize that this is all a stupid vicious cycle.

The writers have managed to disappoint me over and over again in the past two seasons when my expectations are lower than low already. All I want at this point is to see old Alex again who is mostly only old Alex when he's around Jo. I want to see him outside of these groups where the girls always look down on him and make fun of him anyway. There's not so much of my love for Alex left at this point, but I don't like it when he's being treated like that. But since they won't stop giving him all these awful friendships I'll just focus on Jo and I'll hope for her to become an amazing surgeon. If they decide to write her out at the end of the season I'll finally be freed of GA. If they finally give Jolex some great storylines maybe I'll enjoy the show again which would be nice too.