Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Legally Arizona has no rights over Sofia. Court is always on biological mother side, unless she is drug addict or something. Add the fact that Arizona cheated on Callie and lost her leg, which means she is not fully functional and considered disabled by law.
Sofia staying with Arizona because she grew up in Seattle is a complete nonsense, especially considering everything that happened with her mother's there. Logically (which is not a thing here) Callie taking Sofia away from such awful and dangerous place could've been another huge factor to give her full custody.
The thing that she had custody over Sofia doesn't matter. She was not a biological mother, she is disabled and she cheated on her wife, at best (in real life) she will get few days a year with Sofia.
It's all just a stupid badly executed plot to write off Ramirez.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie99 (View Post)
If Arizona has then Sofia not adopted after Mark's death, she would now probably not get sole custody of Sofia. The Court also checked yet everything when they give someone full custody beforehand. The Familliengericht is when it comes to children's very sensitive.
If I'm not mistaken Arizona adopted Sofia in S7 they talked about it during Owen's party. I'm glad Callie lost because she was being selfish. So she can now leave with Penny and see Sofia the same way she wanted Arizona too.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Legally Arizona has no rights over Sofia. Court is always on biological mother side, unless she is drug addict or something. Add the fact that Arizona cheated on Callie and lost her leg, which means she is not fully functional and considered disabled by law.
Sofia staying with Arizona because she grew up in Seattle is a complete nonsense, especially considering everything that happened with her mother's there. Logically (which is not a thing here) Callie taking Sofia away from such awful and dangerous place could've been another huge factor to give her full custody.
The thing that she had custody over Sofia doesn't matter. She was not a biological mother, she is disabled and she cheated on her wife, at best (in real life) she will get few days a year with Sofia.
It's all just a stupid badly executed plot to write off Ramirez.
Actually if you look up custody cases in family court records this situation has happened before. regarding Sara leaving, It's simple they could have had her win and leave with Sofia and the fact they didn't tells me she'll probably end up dying off.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw Arizona winning when Callie had the strongest case. Typical Grey's. I wonder if Callie will even move away now. She was so sure she was going to win.

I'm glad to see Jackson and April be civil but it seems a bit forced.
I wonder how if Kyle will die now or if Steph will do something crazy.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
Actually if you look up custody cases in family court records this situation has happened before. regarding Sara leaving, It's simple they could have had her win and leave with Sofia and the fact they didn't tells me she'll probably end up dying off.
What do you mean?
Ofcourse there are situations where non-biological parents get custody, but I don't think they get it for staying in such a dangerous place like Mercy West Death Hospital.
Because it's the main reason why Arizona won. Judge probably didn't do her reaserch on Arizona. Not only this + her cheating, disability, etc. Nah, highly doubt it would've happened in real life.
Agree that Callie is probably being killed off, I won't be surprised if she is going to kill herself.
Gosh, that Penny girl is such an unapologetic killer.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I saw Arizona winning when Callie had the strongest case. Typical Grey's. I wonder if Callie will even move away now. She was so sure she was going to win.
Did she though? Besides the dirty tactics of her lawyer painting Arizona as a reckless parent, Callie had no case tbh. She wanted to change her daughter's life just because her new girlfriend got into a 1 year research program across the country. As if long distance relationships didn't exist. She made the decision about moving without ever considering her daughter or Arizona. In the recent episodes she acted as if Arizona was her babysitter not her mom.

I'm glad that Arizona's disability wasn't brought up, that would have been disgusting and ableist af.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 05-07-2016 at 03:58 AM
Old 05-07-2016, 04:29 AM
Extreme Fan

It wasn't brought up just because they wanted to get rid of Callie.
Arizona was also a cheater who in fact ruined their marriage at the first place. All these things coupled with Mercy West being dangerous place makes verdict looks hilarious. It would never happened in real life.
You guys are blinded by your bias.
"Callie is such a bitch for leaving the place were tons of her friends died with her biological daughter!" Like you either don't think of make decisions based on facts/logic/law or/and hardcore Arizona fans.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Finding the verdict dubious doesn't mean it was illegal or illogical. Arizona is Sofia's legal parent. For that to have happened, Mark would have had to sign away his parental rights first. Which means, had he been alive, Arizona would have had the parental rights to Sofia and not Mark. He would have been unable to sue for custody so biology has little to do with it.

Given that, I am not surprised that the judge ruled for Sofia to remain in the home, school and environment she has known for her entire life with her legal parent. The judge made her ruling based on what was best for Sofia, not Callie and not Arizona...which is exactly what a judge should do. That is the very essence of realism.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:21 AM
Extreme Fan

But it was illegal and illogical. The only reason her disability wasn't brought up is because it would lead to reveal that she lost her leg because of hospital. That would ruin the entire thing considering that judge decided that Sofia should stay with Arizona because she was born/raised here. It would've also revealed that her biological father died during that accident. This + hospital shooting + kids gone missing few weeks ago. No way judge would let kid stay with a person whose life is so dangerous.
I don't even know why you guys are arguing with this. Here is breakdown:
1. Arizona cheated on Callie. She wanted to separate with her for a long time. It was actually Callie who wanted to save their family.
2. Callie is her biological mother. Court is always on their side, esp. if they are fully functional and want to stay with kids. She also LEGALLY LET Arizona to adopt Sofia.
3. Arizona is disabled. Disabled people rarely win these cases. She got disabled because of hospital which is a very dangerous place to work in, so "Sofia should stay were she was born" is completely nonsensical.

I undestand that Arizona fans wanted her to win, but there is like no chance in hell it can happen in real life. What bothers me is not that most people can't see this and put their bias off, but the fact that they aren't able to understand that it's all just Shonda plan to make Callie look bad and write/kill her off.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

You need to take it down a notch, we look at things differently, no need to be so aggressive and assume that other posters don't think logically bc they have a different opinion. Not everyone posting here is a hardcore Arizona fan.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

But it was not illegal. You suggesting that Arizona should not have gotten custody because she is disabled, however, IS illegal. Furthermore, even if it had been mentioned that Arizona is disabled that diability does not impact how she raises her child. In addition, how and why she lost her leg has no bearing on the custody case. Callie isn't leaving because she thinks she is exposing her daughter to a dangerous environment. She is leaving to follow her girlfriend. Where Arizona works is a moot point.

In addition to that, it doesn't matter if Callie allowed the adoption. The point is that it happened and Arizona is Sofia's legal parent. What happened in their marraige should not impact where and how Arizona sees her child. You keep harping on the hospital but Sofia does not live in the hospital. She lives in Seattle...where her family, friends and everything she knows and views as stable exists. Seattle is her home, Arizona is her mother. The people at Grey-Sloan are her family. You better believe it is better for her to stay in that stable environment with her mother rather than be uprooted and move away from everything she knows so her mother can pursue a relationship she's had less than a year and that might very well tank in the long run.

Callie wants to be with Penny? Fine, good, have at it. But don't throw your kid's life into chaos because you want to go chasing tail. I could get it if Callie was doing it because she wanted to provide Sofia with a safer environment or because she wanted to be closer to her family or even because it was better for her career wise. But for a freaking brand new relationship? Get out of here.

The judge made the right call.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Did I say it was illegal because she is disabled? The fact that it wasn't brought up is the only reason she got Sofia. And writers obviously dropped it to get rid of Callie.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
1. Arizona cheated on Callie. She wanted to separate with her for a long time. It was actually Callie who wanted to save their family.
2. Callie is her biological mother. Court is always on their side, esp. if they are fully functional and want to stay with kids. She also LEGALLY LET Arizona to adopt Sofia.
3. Arizona is disabled. Disabled people rarely win these cases. She got disabled because of hospital which is a very dangerous place to work in, so "Sofia should stay were she was born" is completely nonsensical.
1. What has this to do with raising a child? Nothing!! And ARIZONA wanted to save their family after counseling and Callie was the one who wanted a divorce.
2. Arizona has legally adopted Sofia. It doesn't mather who carried her. They have the same rights.
3. Again, this has nothing to do with raising a child. She can do everything with that leg. And also, her leg grew back in the last episode 😁
Old 05-07-2016, 06:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Did I say it was illegal because she is disabled? The fact that it wasn't brought up is the only reason she got Sofia. And writers obviously dropped it to get rid of Callie.
You do understand don't you that when a disabled person fails to gain custody that it pertains to their ability to care for their child and not solely because they have a disability? You do get that right?

Because, if you do, then you should recognize that Arizona's disability is irrelevant because it does not impact her ability to care for her child or meet her child's needs. The only reason it would have needed to be addressed would be if it did impact Sofia's care...and it does not.

Perhaps that is the reason it was not brought up.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:18 AM
Extreme Fan

If you did a little research on that problem, you obviously know that it's a huge problem for disable person to get a custody. Sometimes even on their own biological kids.
It was hidden because the main reason judge decided in her favor is because Arizona wants to stay in Seattle. And if judge knew she is disabled, she will certainly knows that hospital and Arizona life are too dangerous for Sofia to stay. This moment was dropped on the purpose.
Won't bother with Shirley comment. What Arizona cheating have to do with her raising a baby? You do understand that most of couples including this one separate because of problems/cheating and the one who didn't ruin family usually gets custody?