Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
It seems like you can't really read or understand what I'm talking about. I said that IF judge knew she is disabled outcome would be different. But not because of her being disabled, but because of hospital she is working in. It's not a safe place for child and Callie leaving Seattle will be consisered a plus in judge eyes.
I've mentioned it million of times already. And in b4 "Sofia is not spending time in hospital", I'm talking about Seattle as whole. Because every character should run away from this city, as Cristina mentioned.
I'm sick of discussing it, everyone who has any sort of knowledge and logic know that Arizona won't win in real life. Stooooop.

Maybe and possibly Arizona wouldn't have won in real life but this isn't based on fact.
We aren't going to see everything that would have been 'said' in court. For example we didn't see Arizona's testimony with her Lawyer questioning we only saw the cross. Same with Callie, we saw her side and not the cross. How do we know they it was 'said' in court about Arizona's condition. As an audience we don't need to retold it. We know it. We want to see the new information.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:18 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Sofia father died in Seattle, her mother lost leg, her other one nearly died + she herself nearly died in Seattle too. Those things a real judge would obviously take in consideration. It's not like those situations are equal to losing your phone or something, they would've been brought up and known by judge in real court.
It's obviously not smart to anyone, including Sofia and Arizona, to stay in Seattle. No way real judge will give custody to non biological mother just because she wants to stay in city were she and her child nearly died just because Sofia is raised there. Let's not even mention that she is so young she won't remember 90% of things, she won't have any sort of mental damage. She is not 14. You can spin this situation like you want to, but law is not on Arizona side. They could at least use that Callie was sued by Leah or that first Cristina patient or something, her losing custody because of these things will be more believable.
Wait, what the hell? You think a real judge would take into consideration things like a car crash and the effects of a plane crash happening in Seattle? What? Just what? I seriously can't comprehend just how utterly stupid that is.

The law is on Arizona's side that is why she won. When there are two legal parents who want to live in separate states the law looks at the outcome that is least disruptive on the child and in this case that was staying in Seattle with Arizona.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Don't do the reality thing... The whole thing was done in an hour... IT IS A TV SHOW... A real judge would have gone much further... Maybe even ask to see teachers meds etc.... What school Callie chose blablabla

In the end the one who derserved to win won...
_Penny wanted long distance
_Arizona told her do the long distance
-the fellowship is a year aka nothing...

But Callie thought her relationship more important than Arizona's relationship with her child. The judge saw that Arizona said the truth, Callie is a great mom I just want my child with me... And she saw how far Callie went she is not an idiot the whole "you spent no time with the child" that was nasty ....

It makes me sad beacause it's not true to character, Callie would not have done that... YEs Mark would have hated it...
IT kills me that noone pointed the obvious to Callie... OWen and MEr were huge disapointments but they have been all season so... Everyone was like go Callie go for your Penny who cares about Arizona right....
The same Mer who would not leave for Derek...

Baley rocked I loved her today "objection calls for speculation"
I'm starting to dislike April more and more... That's your friend the one who supported you through your divorce, you put up with your anger when she screwed up, did a medical procedure she did not want to for you and came to the lawyer's office with you and you could not support her and at least text her....

Multiple possibilities
-Callie leaves ... She is a b**** Then I will believe Shonda hates her
-Sarah does not leave it was all bluff
-Sarah and Jessica leave
-Arizona makes the ultimate sacrifice and let her take sofia (which is bull****)

I always hated Arizona now I actually love her weird... The opposite happened with Callie. Now I guess If I was to look back on episodes I'd probably be willing to see Arizona's side better.

Give Alex and Jo something to do actors wasted away....
Old 05-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

I'm sorry, but what does cheating have to do with a custody case or your ability to be a parent? Speaking from an experience that happened with a friend, that is not something a judge looks at or even considers when assigning custody. It's what the best interest for the child is. In this case, it's staying in Seattle. And sorry to disappoint, but a parent who has adopted has the same rights in the eyes of the law as a bio parent.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:04 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyK125 (View Post)
I'm sorry, but what does cheating have to do with a custody case or your ability to be a parent? Speaking from an experience that happened with a friend, that is not something a judge looks at or even considers when assigning custody. It's what the best interest for the child is. In this case, it's staying in Seattle. And sorry to disappoint, but a parent who has adopted has the same rights in the eyes of the law as a bio parent.
Thank you! In a custody case there is obviously always going to be crap between the parents, a judge is not interested in your failed relationship, they are interested in what is best for the kid.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Extreme Fan

And it's the best for Sofia to move from Seattle.
Maybe it's all a twist? Like Arizona is going to die in finale.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I can't beleive that Arizona aka the CHEATER won, it's really the new low for a show.
Did they even consulted with real lawyers? Higly doubt so. No way she can win agains fully functional biological mother who wants to spent more tine with Sofia. It's 9th season "we bought the hospital" type of non-sense and BS.
I'm now even more sure that Sara pissed off Shonda, she is probably leaving the show too. I won't be surprised if Callie kills herself.
Fully functional? You mean when her head is out of Penny's ass? She tried to uproot her own daughter for some new thing she started to have some months ago. Then she had the nerve to paid Arizona as an unfit mother because her surgical specialty was more demanding than Callie's. Also, the nerve of her to paint Arizona has as promiscuous when she is trying to move away and uproot Sofia's life for someone she just met.

Last edited by posterity; 05-07-2016 at 08:12 PM
Old 05-08-2016, 12:53 AM
Extreme Fan

She met her more than a year ago.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

The best for Sofia would be for Callie to put her first. To stop undermining her relationship to her mother in profit of her relationship to a woman she barely know...

Sure she met PEnny a year ago who cares it will never compare to the relationship between a kid and her mom. Arizona never wanted this but was she supposed to say ok go take my child and good luck.
Callie would never accept it and the fact that she wanted Arizona to be ok with it shows how little regard she has for her as a parent....

For me the most unreal thing is Callie's attitude it does not even make sence. Hey we have a perfect custody agreement but I want tomove on with my girlfriend so I'll take the child with me you can see her every other week end and hollydays bye... you don"'t want to fine i'll tell everyone you are promiscuous and never spends time with our child.. Let's forget that until today everything went well between us and that you were very supportive of my new relationship....

Shout out to Arizona's lawyer she was such a badass... The way she got MEr yo stand up for Callie by playing the single parent card just so that MEr would go on the whole we are a supportive group and that she could turn it against her brillant....
Mer was so satisfied with herself like I got this and then BAM

I also don't get how all those years she has been in Sofia's life she never got closer to Arizona. I mean Arizona took her up too at daycare and probably brought her to play with Zola too or are we to believe it was just Callie and MArc called but Somehow Arizona stayed away...
Old 05-08-2016, 04:41 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree that the whole situation was sorta anti-Callie, but she had all rights to moved from Seattle with Sofia.
The ideal situation would've been: Сallie moved away with Sofia, but Arizona can visit her like few times a month and can call/talk with her when she wants to.
I don't get the hate for Penny, she surely is not as interesting as Sadie or Dr. Hahn, but she is def. on Arizona level. You may like her now, but she is your typical lipstick lesbian , who also received not so good reviews by fans at first.
Also Callie knows Penny for at least half a year, sometimes it's more than enough. Some people move together after few weeks. Add the fact that they are moving to a much bigger city and how many bad things happened to Callie in Seattle.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:56 AM
New Fan

Callie didn't have "all the rights to move Sofia," they had joint custody of Sofia and by law you can't just move state without the consent of the other parent.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Obvi, but she would've won court in real life.
A biological parent will almost always have superior rights to child custody.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I actually just read an article about how nowadays in divorce cases men were given joint custody and full custody much more than in the past... I think we are evolving as a society. So there is no saying Callie would have had sole custody just because she is the biological mother. Arizona was there from day one and later adopted the child she is her mom. In real life Arizona could have gone right into it to and be as nasty. The judge would also have taken into notice the fact that there was absolutely no necessity for the move that they could make it work with Callie staying just where she is. She does have a great job at Seattles.

Compare it to real life Halle Berry was refused when she tried to take her daughter to France with her new husband . She had a case about how paparazzi were less intrusive there. Still she could not take the child away from her dad like that...

In TV land, ER BEnton against the mother of Reese. She wanted to leave because Roger found a job away. Benton threatened legal action she did not leave. Because in the end even with his crazy chedule, the fact that he was often absent or let his sister take care of his son you can't just decide to take a child away from one parent when you have an agreement in place.

Anyway IT IS a tv show I mean in real life it's rare that one person operates on a guy with a bomb, drowns, sees her husband get shot in a shooting all the while having a miscarriage, is in a crash plane, has her baby during a storm without electricity, gets beaten by a patient etc ....

There is no point in comparing it to real life most people don't have that life... Besides the trial would have been longer with a hell lot more of people involved..

In TV land the character who derserved to win won... If Arizona was the one wanting to leave with PEnny would you still think it's ok ? How is it ok for a mother and child to see each other a few times a month and talk everyday but somehow two adult can manage the same thing ? How many important moments Arizona would have missed ?

The whole thing is ridiculous. Callie never even stopped to consider how big what she asked for was. She used to temparate Marc and Arizona she used to think of Arizona as a parent. Run PEnny because if you have a child together Callie will considerate it hers and only hers....

Anyway, I hope all was done because Sarah does not intend to leave and it will develope into a long way to recovery and forgiveness and not because Shonda has something against her.

PS: I don't like PEnny a a character he is boring always perfect even her hair don"t go out of place. However she is blameless in this the girl was willing to do long distance. She never asked for more Callie pushed her to ask. So I really hope she does not turn her back on her and blame her for the whole thing.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Extreme Fan

First of all Benton pretty much lose his case and custody. He actually left his job to spent time with his son, it's just that his mother also didn't really win.
Secondly, I dont get why people assume that Arizona was right? In what? Let's take the whole court thing aside, and discuss their lifes. After plane crash she was only taking care about herself, not Sofia or Callie. Yes, it was a terrible situation but it's true. After that she cheated on Callie with a stranger and after Callie forgave her she decided that they need to separate for at least half a year. As far as I remember Callie was the one trying to communicate to Arizona during these days, not the other way around. Callie was also sued by Leah because of Arizona. Let's not forget that Seattle Grace is an awful place where tons of people died and Arizona herself lost a leg. What's wrong with Callie decision to leave such awful place and her cheating girlfriend? Please tell me. Why should she risk her life (and her kid) and not follow her dreams/needs just because her 4 year old child was raised there? Like, you do understand that people barely remember anything from those years?
Callie is a person with her own life and needs, who sacrificed a lot of her time to Arizona who did nothing but keep on trashing and damaging her life. She did nothing wrong. Absolutely.
And what the fuss about Penny? Like, stop acting she is a stranger to her, they know each other for months. I mean, didn't Arizona dumped her then girlfriend for Callie when they started dating? Kinda hypocritical.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:18 AM
New Fan

You seem to be deliberately missing the point because you dislike Arizona. None of the things you mention are relevant to this. They were co-parenting fine up to this and none of those things were an issue for Callie, she was perfectly happy with Arizona parenting Sofia. You can't be okay with something like that then when it begins to inconvenience you THEN start to throw those things in a person's face.

She was right in this situation because Callie wanted her to automatically give up her joint custody to move with a woman she's known for 6(?)months, and has yet to live with and who has most likely never been a co-parent to a 6 year old, for that woman's temporary job. There is no way a judge would find that to be a good enough reason to uproot a kids life. And the fact that Callie applied to school in a different state without Arizona's consent is a big no no, a judge would not look kindly on that at all.