Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2016, 05:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBrain (View Post)
I understand that the judge think it is best for Sofia to stay in Seattle where she was born and grew up.
What I don't get is : Can Arizona be her legal gardian if she is not legally her mom ? I mean, Sofia had legally two parents, Callie and Marc. Did Arizona adopte Sofia after Marc's death ?
Yes Arizona Sofia has adopted.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I understand that the judge think it is best for Sofia to stay in Seattle where she was born and grew up.
What I don't get is : Can Arizona be her legal gardian if she is not legally her mom ? I mean, Sofia had legally two parents, Callie and Marc. Did Arizona adopte Sofia after Marc's death ?
yes, she mentioned that in this episode.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
1.I guess judge haven't heard about Seattle Grace Mercy West Sloan or whatever hospital.
A place where a lot of bad things happened including child missing a week before.
2. Grew up? She can barely talk, it's not like she is 14 or anything. She'll forget about it in a week.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I disagree there children get attached to places very fast when they are young. I know adults who still think of it till this day even though it happened at the age of five.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Extreme Fan

They may remember something, but surely not everything.
The thing is, what Sofia is going to miss in Seattle? Her kindergarten in hospital? In a hospital where a lot of people dying every year? Do judge even knows about things that happened there?
This whole thing was so stupid. Like it's on Danny's ghost and s9 level of bad. Absolutely zero logic or any type of research.
Ramirez really shouldn't make a donation in Dempsey hospital
Old 05-06-2016, 08:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

has anyone here ever heard of something like this happening..where only ONE parent gets sole custody even though both are competent? I have never but I dont know...

I thought Callie deserved a slap in her selfish face, but I shudder to think that she has lost her daughter in this way. That is no fair. Of course, I think Arizona will come around, Callie will smarten up and stick around and they will continue with dual custody because both should see their daughter. btw, at this point, Arizona did prove to be the better person. **** I love Arizona.

Unless Sarah Ramirez (Callie) is leaving the show then I really have no idea what is going on in her head! She would never leave her daughter!! (unless she dies, but c'mon, we are stretching past the realms of plausibility here..oh man and now I am laughing because this is Greys anatomy and "reality" has no place here)
Old 05-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, obviously. Tons of people get full custody. It happens when another parent is a drug addict, alcoholic or something like this.
But Callie not getting custody was absolutely stupid. It's just not legally correct.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I believe the decision was about sole physical custody, not sole legal custody.

Since Callie was trying to take Sofia away and let her visit Arizona she had to get a court order to say where Sofia will reside.

I think they still share legal custody which means they both make decisions about Sofia's upbringing but she will live permanently with Arizona. The decision is made in the child's best interests.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:54 AM
New Fan

There was nothing at all unbelievable about the outcome. Arizona and Callie were both legal parents with a joint custody agreement, Callie wanted to change the agreement and move Sofia across the country with her and thus become her full time caregiver with Arizona having only the occasional visit. They are both fit parents, neither are abusive or addicts so the judge has to look at the reasons for breaking the agreement they already have and Callie's reason was not a good enough one for uprooting a child's life and as you cannot have joint physical custody of a child when you are 6 hours apart, custody was rightfully awarded to Arizona.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

^

Team Arizona all the way, I'm glad she won. I have no sympathy for Callie tbh, she brought it all on herself. She has more than herself to think about. Deciding to move your kid across the country because you're in love is just selfish.

Quote:
It would be the logical thing to do, especially after Mark died. Arizona mentioned once that she wanted to make it official that she was also a parent, to have it on paper. So it's logic to assume that she adopted her at some point. I also read recently that it's possible to have three parents in Washington. Besides, Callie once told Mark that he would be the uncle and they would be the parents.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the fans discarded the fact that Arizona did adopt Sofia at some point. We should go back to season 7 when Mark whined he will only get 30% shares on his kid I believe he felt he was bring pushed away at some point when Callie was pregnant.
I think we could reason here that the judge felt that moving Sofia across the country for a relationship that was only what six months old max was unfair and it was best for her to stay in Seattle. I think this was also a wakeup call for Callie to see that just because she fall in love with Penny it does not mean she should change her whole life for her.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Extreme Fan

If Arizona has then Sofia not adopted after Mark's death, she would now probably not get sole custody of Sofia. The Court also checked yet everything when they give someone full custody beforehand. The Familliengericht is when it comes to children's very sensitive.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I rewatched the episode just now and Arizona mentioned that she legally adopted Sofia.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I rewatched the episode just now and Arizona mentioned that she legally adopted Sofia.

She has also, as I have said. She Sofia then legally adopted. She is her mother.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just wanted to post it in case somebody would be still questioning if she ever adopted her/had parental rights.

I found Callie's lawyer's approach so insulting to single mothers, adoptive parents and successful women. I'm glad that Bailey didn't approve and called the lawyer out. She's been the most reasonable person in this whole situation. It was also quite sloppy that Meredith sided with Callie considering she has an adoptive child and almost lost her once.