Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Passionate Fan

It was like 3 months of absolutely nothing and then suddenly BAM. Back-to-back promos, teasers, pictures, sneak peaks, etc.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think that we're in the Holiday season also plays a factor. But, yeah, it really did all come at once. Works for me.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

"What are some topics we are going to see in next class?"

"Some racial discrimination." "We're going to see some online harassment. A lot of stuff that is prevalent now." "Mental illness is another one." "Feminism is a really big one this year." "And sexuality."
Old 12-18-2015, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I really need to watch that clip. It's only a few minutes long, but you know...lazy. ;lol:

I think all of the newbies show up in this little promo, and that alone makes it worth posting.

Old 12-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

More of the newbies:

I wonder who is going to be friends with who. Everyone can't get along all the time...who will be enemies? Degrassi likes to pull the whole we already know each other and are besties...wonder if we will have a pair of those.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I hope everyone is having a great (or had a great) whatever it is they celebrate.

And realize, that we're just around the bend from getting our best present.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I love that pic! I thought Lola and Grace were holding hands at first.

I wonder what is up with these two. Kids have good intentions when protecting each other but sometimes it hurts more than helps. Anyone get Eli/Imogen vibes from them?
Old 12-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm not sure what to make of Esme, but I do get the sense that whatever happens with her and Miles it will be a roller coaster.

Here's a little (mildly spoilery) interview with Ricardo and Ana, with specifically hints towards the first two episodes.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
The Degrassi franchise, of course, preceded social media by several decades. But through numerous versions and a variety of channels, Degrassi always has prided itself on adjusting with the times, while simultaneously never losing track of the consistent truths about high school life.

“Nothing ever remains stagnant, but it's a constantly scary thing to be growing up,” said Brogren, who not only is one of the stars of Degrassi: Next Class, he also directed six of the first 10 episodes.

“Back when I was a teenager, I may have had a very different experience than others, because I had my real high school friends and then my on-screen high school friends. And it still was really tough. Sometimes it's no fun.”

But there are fun parts to Degrassi: Next Class, too. I always get a kick out of watching poor Principal Simpson struggle. For example, in the first episode, there's a debate between candidates for student council president, and Principal Simpson has to be the worst and weakest debate moderator in history. It's out of control after two questions. Republican debates with Donald Trump run more efficiently.

“You know, I love (my character) so much, but he is sometimes terrified of the kids,” Brogren said with a laugh. “He loves them, but they're so strong-willed, sometimes he gets a little confused.

“Honestly, I can't imagine being a real high school principal is a lot of fun. Most of the time you're dealing with the trials and tribulations of teenagers, and it probably only is when they get to graduation that you actually have a smile on your face. 'You did well, now leave.' ”
source: 'Degrassi: Next Class' continues decades-old franchise

So Simpson is back as principal? I gotta say I'm not sure I'm into that. I liked Ms. Pill. But Snake is that throwback to the original series so...whatever it takes. I know I can make it through.

I was last in the yearbook thread or I would post this there along with a throwback of Lauren, Jake, etc on the school steps back in a shoot for season 4. One of the reasons I like these photos so much.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Boy, they really are pushing the whole Frankie/Jonah thing aren't they? Thanks for posting that pic.

Any last minute thoughts before the season officially starts tomorrow on Family?

I'm just hoping it's good.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not sure why so many people disliked Ms. Pill. Sure, it wasn't cool that she watched over the students like Big Brother, but with everything that happened at the school, it was probably necessary (sans getting involved with Clare's miscarriage and everything).

Spoiler:
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Eh, this seems like a good place to dump this off.

Don't let me put off watching "week 2." Especially the final episode. I have a tendency to save finales. I haven't watched the Open Heart or American Horror Story: Freak Show finales. Why?!!

There are more than 10 episodes right? Why don't I know this? What else don't I know besides for rumors that Miles/Eric won't be returning.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

After saying that I can´t stop listening to this opening version because it´s so great,
I drop this here:

And what do we see? Ana is recording a song with the same two people who did the new Opening and the lyrics sound for me as if it´s about Zoe and Grace, hm...

Last edited by Okun; 01-21-2016 at 03:33 PM
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

thiojames.tumblr.com

Is anyone going to rewatch season 1 before 2 starts? Want to discuss it while you are doing so? I don't know if I remember seeing JustMe2000's reviews in the episode discussion threads...
Old 05-29-2016, 03:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

I actually just finished a rewatch yesterday in preparation for Australia's premiere. I can't say I have very many thoughts, but I do have to appreciate the writing for Next Class. I haven't been thrilled about the characterization for some of the characters, but the foreshadowing for everything was top notch, as was the majority of the build up. Looking back, I have to say that the most irritating part of the season has been the relationship stuff. Now, there are some exceptions (Zaya, which I'll admit is my bias showing). but generally, relationship drama is only irritating. I think Shay/Tiny/Lola may be my least favorite and I cannot figure out if Lola was intended to come across so unlikable.