Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2015, 06:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

I see what you mean. I don't care for her either based on the promo alone as well as the character description, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. She may turn out to be totally different than expected. But overall, I don't think one character could mess up a group that much. That's very difficult to do and she won't be in every scene. We still have Zig/Maya, Zig/Tiny, Maya/Grace, Maya/Tristan, Grace/Tiny, Zig/Grace, Tristan/Zoe, Miles/Winston, Frankie/Lola/Shay, Frankie/Hunter/Miles, Zoe/Zig, Zoe/Miles, Maya/Zoe, Maya/Miles, etc. My point is that with or without Esme, the current cast has lots of bonds and I don't see that changing just because of her addition to the show.

Last edited by ChinaTequilia; 11-29-2015 at 03:53 AM
ChinaTequilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Honestly, the fandom goes through this every time a new character(s) get brought in. I remember back in the day there was almost an uproar when we realized S8 was focusing more on Clare and the gang instead of our beloved Emma and the group. It was the same for Maya's class (until they "proved" themselves) Hell, people HATED (some still do) Zoe because they felt she messed up the balance the old characters had. We get it every year and it'll all be the same. I'm sure we are going to love & hate the new characters just as much as we do the old!

I myself do like that they brought in some different backrounds but as LGBT myself, I'm annoyed by the recent new LGBT character. Tristan is enough, this new character seems to drive the stereotype of the typical effeminate gay boy who is all about themselves. Why can't we have more characters like Miles and Riley? Even Marco was chill.
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So big news today about the show's broadcast schedule in Canada. It premieres on January 4th, with an episode each night at 9 PM Monday through Friday. So I guess that means the Canadians get at least 9 episodes before us greedy Americans do.

All of these via our great affiliate DegrassiSource. DHX has already force a take down a six minute sequence from the opening episode, so it looks like they're going to be like that. Canadians can view the sneak at F2n.ca.

Extended promo

Promo for family channels new teen block

Segment from morning show w/ a few new next class clips

Sara, Stefan, and Ricardo answering fan questions about next class

The godawful opening sequence. We'll see how long this lasts.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

What if we are only getting ten episodes? I remember earlier they said the season would be split into two blocks, but then we started getting reports that all 20 episodes would come out at once. It would make since though if they aired Monday through Friday from the 4th on Family Channel. That would mean Canada would have already aired all ten right as we get to the 15th for the Netflix drop of those ten episodes.
Eclare4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't say I'm not disappointed. This is the early seasons all over again. LOL. They just HAD to air 5 episodes a week, didn't they? That almost seems intentional.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thank you so much for rounding all that up co-mod! First YouTube strike? Way to go! I am so glad I am done with that.

Quote:
From DHX Studios, Degrassi: Next Class tells the stories of Generation Z with equal measures of humour, angst and heart. This drama follows high school students as they grapple with a series of ‘firsts’ and begin their journey into adulthood. Pushing their own limits and testing the bonds of family and friends, the students each find their own way to deal with a range of issues: from homophobia and racism to substance abuse and the complications of dating in the social media age.
From the media release: Family Channel’s new teen block F2N launches with the premiere of Degrassi: Next Class | TV, eh?

Cute candids likely taken on set.

That was my contribution to the thread.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Fellow Mod, you should really give your thanks to Eclare4life as I really just lifted all those links (except the opening) from their post over on the spoiler thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
I can't say I'm not disappointed. This is the early seasons all over again. LOL. They just HAD to air 5 episodes a week, didn't they? That almost seems intentional.
Yeah, I gotta say Family Channel hasn't exactly impressed me. I find it absurd that they won't even let non Canadians access their site, let alone watch one minute promo clips on YouTube.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Passionate Fan

^ That's how we felt about Teen Nick.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Extreme Fan

I will miss those dramatic~ promos TeenNick made.

Kinda sad, it looks the channel is in the midst of completely switching to a RetroNick channel anyway.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
^ That's how we felt about Teen Nick.
A very frustrating policy. If they're worried about people taking episodes and ripping them, I can assure them that those who are actually doing that have no problem getting around their geo-blocking. It's the rest of us getting screwed.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I started missing the TeenNick seasonal promos this summer. As frustrated as we were with them at times they were good to us. They gave us the Unscripteds. I suppose since the split now I can squash that dream of them coming back. I was hoping that was what Adamo's new webseries could resurrect them but there's probably copyright issues.

Hunter found some friends! I'm looking forward to seeing who he interacts with, why he's angry, and what he did to piss Zig off that much. Maybe they can bond after that and attend anger management.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's like TPTB all got this bright idea at once..."I know, let's give Hunter the newbies!"

I like the idea, though. As for Zig...maybe Hunter asked him where his sleeves were?

Old 12-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I wonder if anything is going to be said about the lack of Arlene. I can see why they wouldn't even want to give a throwaway line because it is NC season 1. But as someone who is already watching...wouldn't Arlene moving or whatever be a big deal for Hunter? Shouldn't it be mentioned?

Did they find Joey's fedora in wardrobe?
Old 12-13-2015, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I could see her being mentioned, especially if the plot that brings Hunter to his newbies is something along the line of him being even more isolated than normal since Arlene left.

We're now three weeks away from the premiere on Family Channel. It's funny how it felt like forever without really knowing anything, but now that we do it feels like it's coming upon us very quickly. Or maybe that's just me.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

I feel the same way. It seems like the weeks are just flying by. Especially with all the new promo pictures we've gotten lately.