Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2015, 11:23 PM
Addicted Fan

I imagine if Maya ever left the show before her time that she'd get a happy ending. With Adam it was different because Drew and his mom were still on the show. Maya would probably get some special opportunity to play her cello somewhere or something good.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
Here's to hoping for a promo. I need something to get me through the next month and a half.
Just because you asked so nicely...

Old 11-24-2015, 05:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think Maya would have to get a happy ending, but her leaving would be such a big loss to the show. I know Maya isn't everyone's favorite, but she is at the center of it all and I think she's the only one connected to all the characters in her grade, currently. She bridges the gap.

Oh, I am looking forward to that promo. Just a couple of more hours.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

My phone is being annoying, but I posted the trailer and a link to an EW article featuring pictures of the newbies over on the Spoiler board if someone wants to go and grab it and post it here.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
And here we go....Jan 15th is the date.

And there's this too, from Entertainment Weekly, with pictures and Netflix's brief (and I mean brief) descriptions of the five newbies.
I have no idea what to think, honestly. There are some really great looking plots coming up, but there are some things that are going to make me worry all the way through the holidays.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I can't even begin to process that promo! And this would include scenes from the whole season? Is Netflix airing all the episodes at once? Or they are up for streaming. I have no idea how this works...

But for news!

"Returning from the cast for Next Class are Amanda Arcuri, Reiya Downs, Ana Golja, Nikki Gould, Ricardo Hoyos, Ehren Kassam, Andre Kim, Lyle Lettau, Spencer Macpherson, Eric Osborne, Olivia Scriven, Sara Waisglass and Richard Walters." source: eonline.com

So who is missing? The ones we suspected right? Arlene and Jack.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anyone have any speculations of this possibly being the last season for Tristan, Maya, Winston, and Miles? It was rumored that Olivia and Lyle may not wish to return, while Winston's actor seems not to get that much screen time especially after the backlash he received on Twitter. As far as Eric, I think he's at the point where he really just wants to focus on his band ES especially with them releasing demo tracks soon. I'm actually curious if Lyle and the new gay male's actor will get along bc they both seem Diva-ish.
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

There's no way to tell, but that seems unlikely. I don't think filming the show takes as much time due to there being less episodes and while it's plausible that all four actors COULD leave, I don't think they will. I never really thought of Lyle as a diva, actually.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for bringing the trailer over, ChinaTequilia.

A few thoughts on the trailer.

-I love the diversity of the new cast members. Hopefully these writers and producers can make that pay off.
-Yay for another set of siblings.
-Hunter gets the newbies. Or three of them, at least. A gamer plot that doesn't involve some creepy middle aged woman sounds good to me.
-Frankie's having sexy dreams. Lola may be doing some....things with that shower head. Our girls are growing up.
-Esme certainly looks like a needy little thing, doesn't she?
-Tristan is running for...something.
-Maya going back to music? Good thing. Maya going back to music not with the cello but with some silly band with Jonah and Grace? Sigh.
-Very curious to see how far they go with Grace's story line. That could be a knockout if done properly.
-Tiny and Shay? Works for me.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I love it! But I miss the days when there was more info in the seasonal shots that we could analyze to death (example: season 5 - why are Ellie and Manny in a picture with Downtown Stasquatch?!)

I wonder what one liners we will hear to explain Degrassi's make over. Maybe Pill is working wonders with the budget.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

She's blackmailing all the parents with all the dirt she gets from listening in on their kids' conversations.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Has anyone else noticed the girl with the red bob is actually wearing a wig? Which leads me to wonder why exactly? I mean, Clares actress had to CUT all her hair off to make the cancer plot more realistic, so why couldn't this actress have actually just cut and colored her hair? I'm curious to see if this is actually part of a plot or just poor wardrobe prop.
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe she´s just into cosplay or something and has more than one wig.

I´m a little bit worried that the new characters will mess up the great dynamic the old characters had as a group (like when they were looking for Maya in DLB).
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

That actually doesn't worry me. The classes are split up by grades and we're only gaining two new juniors. The rest of the new kids are freshmen, which makes me very happy since that class desperately needed more males. But I see what you mean. What made that scene so great is that by the time we got to Don't Look Back, most of the characters in that scene had interacted with everyone else and there was actual history there. It was fun to see them all together for once, working for a common goal. I think in a year, the new kids will also fit in.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

I´m just a bit worried that characters like Esme could disintegrate the group. She doesn´t seem like good news. But maybe she won´t get very far because they are already working fine as a group.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread