Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Just the thread I was looking for!

Right now, I'm most excited for wherever they take this storyline with Zoe and Grace, romantic or not. Either way, we'll probably (finally) get some insight into Grace's character apart from her just being the resident hacker/exposition-giver. So that'll be a plus.

Also, I hope we explore Hunter some more. We've seen how their dad's abuse has affected Miles and Frankie and while his withdrawn personality could be attributed to their home life, it'd be interesting to see how he's reacting to his parent's separation and all. We've seen glimpses but so far his only "major" storyline has been focused on his crush on Arlene. Also, I live for Hollingsworth Sibling Moments.

I'm also interested in more Lola and Tiny. Like Hunter, there have been moments that show - or at least hint - that there's more to them, but their characters have yet to be explored.

Anyway, those are a few things I'm looking forward to.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'll echo all of those and I'll add that I would like to finally see some true resolution in this whole thing Zig has going on with his mother. Also, more of Maya playing the cello. Some projects and/or plots that put oddball pairs together like Tiny/Zoe, Grace/Miles and Jonah/Zig, just to name a few. It's always good to mix up interactions. Finally, when the writers and producers decide to have these students do yet another horrible play/musical they need to take a deep breath- and then hit the delete button. Hit it until it's all gone.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Several actor interviews have implied big storylines will happen for their characters and others come NC. I'm just hoping NC restores the realism I once felt while watching Degrassi. The past few seasons have felt too glammed up and dramatic where I don't feel like I'm watching teenagers in high school making it through life. It worked for a show like 90210 due to the setting, but for a Canadian show it just feels out of place. While entertaining, how many high school students could relate to the gang plots recently shown (or even back in season 11) or Katie's storyline in Las Vegas? Sometimes it all just feels a little too over the top. Degrassi has always been about being real, but lately it feels just like it is; a TV show. Showdown in S12 was truly AMAZING because it focused on real life issues teens face everyday like Maya's insecurities about her boobs especially when next to her best friend Tori, Zig's poor upbringing, Cam's depression, etc etc. So, my biggest hope is we get that real high school feeling back which is what has always made Degrassi, well, Degrassi!
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm going to post the Next Class info here and then another interesting snippet in Winston/Andre/s thread...

Can you tell us a bit about Winston’s storyline for Next Class? How is it different?

It’s a lot more dramatic for sure. Winston is usually seen as the funny guy but with the next season coming up we get to see him help people which I think is a crucial thing that Winston is really about. Helping people and being able to be empathetic towards people.

What is the status of Frankie and Winston? Are you personally team them?

Sara Waisglass is an actual joy to work with on set. All we do is whip and nae nae when were taking 5 (laughs), so yeah personally I’m definitely on team Frankston. But with the recent break up and everything, I think it might be best that they decided to split off, both characters are becoming really independent in their own way and I don’t think they need to rely on each other in that way. At the same time, you never know with Degrassi!

source: Exclusive Interview with Degrassi’s Andre Kim | TalkNerdyWithUs
Old 10-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Rumor has it that JT's memorial was removed. How does everyone feel about that? Since it isn't a real school, I kinda think that it is time and viewers should be ready for it.
I don't really think to look for it so I probably won't even notice unless the show points it out. But it's probably time. No one currently at Degrassi besides Armstrong and maybe Perino knows who J.T. was.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm actually for the removal of the memorial. It came and served it's time. NC is the new TNG. Out with the old. Besides, the memorial hasn't actually been shown since S11 I'm pretty sure.
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

yeah I mean NC is catering to new viewers and its sorta a new start in a lot of way from what I have read as far as what NC is gonna be and I don't think moving it effects the show maybe just offends a loyal fan but honestly I don't care. Its such a small thing, they payed respect to the character after his death and for a long time, if the memorial was no longer something they felt they needed to keep in the background then it is what it is. I honestly didn't even know it was there for the last 7 seasons tbh.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

thisisdegrassi.tumblr.com

This was shared back in August and I'm just seeing it now. Haha. I assume it is real and this reminds me that I haven't looked on their website...actually I don't have Netflix so...yeah. But I will.

"If you're a teen, this is your life." - I'm pretty sure this was The-N slogan around season 4. Maybe earlier. Does it sound familiar to anyone else?
Old 10-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think that was actually from season 1. "If your life were a tv show, this would be it."
Old 10-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah this what they have on netflix as the promo poster. Sound like maybe it going back to s1-5 feel then if they used the slogan before.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi.tv | Degrassi: Next Class

I just love that degrassi.tv is back. I have fond memories of patiently waiting for their episode promo stills to load in the gallery because I was on dial up.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Our first look at tentatively-named Esme and tentatively-named Goldi.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

9 characters, 5 different ethnicities, and only one little blond girl. I like that look.

Thanks for posting.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
Just the thread I was looking for!

Right now, I'm most excited for wherever they take this storyline with Zoe and Grace, romantic or not. Either way, we'll probably (finally) get some insight into Grace's character apart from her just being the resident hacker/exposition-giver. So that'll be a plus.

Also, I hope we explore Hunter some more. We've seen how their dad's abuse has affected Miles and Frankie and while his withdrawn personality could be attributed to their home life, it'd be interesting to see how he's reacting to his parent's separation and all. We've seen glimpses but so far his only "major" storyline has been focused on his crush on Arlene. Also, I live for Hollingsworth Sibling Moments.

I'm also interested in more Lola and Tiny. Like Hunter, there have been moments that show - or at least hint - that there's more to them, but their characters have yet to be explored.

Anyway, those are a few things I'm looking forward to.
I always love your comments Lady Azura. I still want more grace always. I would love to maybe see some alums visit. I think I'm going to miss Clare. She was one of the reasons I loved the new class of seniors.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Recurring patterns in design, I see. Degrassi's make over is growing on me. Very vibrant color scheme! Reminds me of a Linda Schuyler quote about the previous class (Paige and Emma's, circa 2004) was more cynical and the next class is more optimistic. They believe in change.