Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
I WAS SO ANNOYED BY THIS TOO. Especially because his little speech was practically word-for-word quoted from an article I read the other day about rape culture and how society is programmed to think that "boys will be boys" when they do something harmful to women.
I haven't seen this episode yet, but WTF. The whole "boys will be boys" thing reminded me of when I had jury duty. Two teenagers were being charged with attempted second degree murder, aggravated assault, and like 10 more other things, but the thing that annoyed me the most was when their defense attorney said in her closing argument, "Boys will be boys." ARE YOU SERIOUS? You can guess who won that trial. But I can't believe Degrassi actually chose to use that as an excuse.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

So I figured out why Eli has always irritated me: the whole dynamic with Julia. They use the whole "oh, but he lost someone he loved!" spiel to excuse his behavior all the time and it makes me so mad. I lost a brother, and we were super close, but I don't walk around treating the people who care about me like crap because of it. Reason number two is that they sort of set Julia up to be competition to Clare and it just seemed like bad writing to me to introduce her as a foil to Clare. Reason number 3 is the way he's always treated Clare. Even in Umbrella he was showing signs that he wasn't good for her. She was upset about her parents divorce, and she did some regrettable things. Yet instead of supporting her, he decided to throw a hissy fir because her parents didn't like him, when lets be honest they probably wouldn't have regardless of whether or ot she had talked him down to them the way she did. When she screws up, she has to beg and plead just to get him to even listen to her, yet when he screws up (and he often does) she's supposed to buy whatever sob story he's using that time and forgive him on the spot? Ugh no, just no
/end rant
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Eli is freaking insane and I hope that Stalker Angel LOSES. BADLY.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

No Eli tonight!!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know!! That was the highlight of the episode for me!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

ok soo Im a munro lover but an Eli hater . its just OMFG could Eli be more angsty. im just so annoyed and creeped out right now by him. The ending of his story was just TOO MUCH. I When he told Clare the he "killed" his girlfriend, in my head i told Clare to RUN AWAY!! lol. It was a big red flag.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

ohh and did anyone else find that part where Eli was crying in the Morty, and Clare is holding him pathetic? i did. I get that he has emotions and all, but crying cause Fitz came to your girlfriends house? REALLY? I get that he doesnt want to loose clare but geez. He could of handled that better
Old 04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia May (View Post)
ohh and did anyone else find that part where Eli was crying in the Morty, and Clare is holding him pathetic? i did. I get that he has emotions and all, but crying cause Fitz came to your girlfriends house? REALLY? I get that he doesnt want to loose clare but geez. He could of handled that better
I know. Eli acts like hes such a badass but in all honesty, he seems easier to upset than a five year old. Mr. I'm Not Afraid Of Fitz Almost Stabbing Me (Or so he says) cries because he thinks that he is losing his girlfriend. I think that the cool attitude and the smirk is all a facade to hide what a cowardly little crybaby Eli really is. Seriously, whenever I see him smirking in the Degrassi opening I just want to grab a huge roll of freakin ducttape, I hate that smirk so much.

The smirk of DEATH

I think theres only one thing to say to this...

Old 04-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG did you see the promo ,HE HAS A GUN! where the heck did he get a gun??? i cant deal with this, HE IS SOOO DRAMATIC omfg
Old 04-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Whoever gave him a gun is insane. This kid belongs in the quiet room wearing a straitjacket, not roaming around the streets with a weapon. He needs some professional help, he's extremely creepy and psychotic. And I found the promo to be hilariously bad. It was just so bad it was funny. I don't know if it was the terrible acting or what. The only place this kid needs to be is locked up in an asylum.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Yup!

I wish he'd accidentally shoot himself and end all of our misery.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope the Ghost of Julia haunts him. or a Julia doppelganger. Heck Julia's twin might be a good idea!

If Eli shoots himself, he'll probably find a way to blame Fitz for it
Old 04-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Diva (View Post)
I hope the Ghost of Julia haunts him. or a Julia doppelganger. Heck Julia's twin might be a good idea!

If Eli shoots himself, he'll probably find a way to blame Fitz for it
Because nothing is ever Eli's fault

This thread is too awesome to not have a title. We should add one.

Last edited by hot_vanilla; 04-12-2011 at 07:06 PM
Old 04-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
Because nothing is ever Eli's fault

This thread is too awesome to not have a title. We should add one.
Anyone got any ideas?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Passionate Fan

"Because Eli has more drama than a sinking ship on fire." -kaleidocat
Because telling rather than showing makes for one crappy character
Because we're not buying his sob stories, he's just a jerk