Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
I don't mean to sound rude but with all due respect. this is an Anti thread. Eli fans should know to stay well enough away from here. And what happened with Jordan on Formspring still has me angry
I completely get where you are coming from. The fans of Eli don’t have a reason to be reading this thread. It may or may not be the best call to make right now but I think for the time being we should try to avoid talking about Eli/Eclare fans. I think we can still make good arguments without involving them. Basically just try to make your post not using the word “fan.” “Eli Goldsworthy is overrated” still carries the same message as “Eli Goldsworthy is overrated by the fans.” And I know discouraging it can feel for you if you aren't a fan of him and see so much hype online about his character or the actor. Feel free to talk about the Eclare relationship and how you feel about how Eli treats Clare. If anyone wants to take the time to argue the statement, that would be awesome. Personally speaking, whenever someone takes the time to argue a point well, it hits way harder than something said about the fans. There’s actually nothing more satisfying. I say this after I’ve been on both ends of a debate.

Anyone else tense on the board? I’d still like to hear from you guys. Let’s talk in here if you are feeling frustrated, or you can PM me. How’s it going for you as an anti-fan? You are as valuable as the pro-fans.

The Eli vs. Craig comparisons are interesting because I've been silently discussing them with myself. Maybe I'll pop back in here to talk about that. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels like I've missed out on knowing Julia and getting to see the Eli/Julia relationship on screen.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I've been silently discussing them with myself.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I have some of the best conversations with myself. But on the other hand at times it gets very difficult to sleep because I never shut up...
Old 02-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Extreme Fan

You're my hero! Seriously, I can't stop laughing
Old 02-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
Okay.

I don't like Eli because

1)He generally has no plotline except to be all mushy with Clare.

2)Hes creepy in general

3)He tried to poison Fitz

4)He framed Fitz

5)Doesn't wear Deodorant

6)Has no real role in the show except to be creepy with Clare.
Haha. I agree. May I be added?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Because we need this thread to be on the front page.

What a jerk. Everything about him is seriously pissing me off. All of this defending her honour bs is so stupid. Seriously Eli? He just loves to cause problems.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I having a feeling this thread might get a little bit of a workout after tonight's episode.

With some justification.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 03-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
Because we need this thread to be on the front page. All of this defending her honour bs is so stupid. Seriously Eli? He just loves to cause problems.
Also, when Adam was like "he's just being a guy" I was like "Seriously Degrassi, are you going to legitimize this?!" But then I think the tone of the episode went against Eli.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Fitz seemed genuinely sorry for what he did but Eli is a self righteous idiot who thinks its his job to protect Clare. Hes probably going to spend the rest of the season "protecting" her from Fitz.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I was hoping Fitz would punch him.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was hoping both Clare AND Fitz would punch him.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
Also, when Adam was like "he's just being a guy" I was like "Seriously Degrassi, are you going to legitimize this?!" But then I think the tone of the episode went against Eli.
I WAS SO ANNOYED BY THIS TOO. Especially because his little speech was practically word-for-word quoted from an article I read the other day about rape culture and how society is programmed to think that "boys will be boys" when they do something harmful to women. Clare's fears were completely legitimate and the way Adam simply dismissed that... ugh. (And it's not specifically Adam I'm annoyed with, but SOCIETY AS A WHOLE! Because he's just echoing what a lot of people already believe and what we see echoed in our culture and media -- Twilight, etc.)

Anyway, back to Eli... at this point I can say that this character will NEVER be redeemed for me. Never. But I'm sure there will be no shortage of sob stories to excuse his behavior.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
Anyway, back to Eli... at this point I can say that this character will NEVER be redeemed for me. Never. But I'm sure there will be no shortage of sob stories to excuse his behavior.
I'm waiting for his sob story too. I wonder what it will be this time
Old 03-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
I'm waiting for his sob story too. I wonder what it will be this time
It will probably be something like, "I love you so much! It's around the anniversary of Julia's death so I was terrified of losing you!"

And then Clare will be like, "It's okay. Please forgive me for righteously being off-put by your creepy and possessive behavior. Silly me! I should have never questioned my man!"

It's true love, right?

My fics: Fadam / Badam / Rebel

Last edited by Bandbabe; 03-05-2011 at 03:21 PM
Old 03-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Eli tried to stab Fitz! Please add me.