Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Are you from Canada? Lol.. If not, that's strange.

Haha. I WANT AN ADAM CUPCAKE!!!!!!!

Ok, Sierra.

Everyone can call me Lindsay, then.

Last edited by sweet_solitude99; 08-15-2010 at 07:03 PM
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hm... I just watched every episode of season 10 in order.

And no one's calling me by my real name because I don't want people to. So... I'm just Elk.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_solitude99 (View Post)
Are you from Canada? Lol.. If not, that's strange.
Nope. Bahaha, I'm from Santa Barbara (which is in Southern California). And I have no Canadian family members or friends, either. I don't even know of anyone with a Canadian accent. O.o

@NoSeriously Hahaha, that's weird! I've heard of a disorder-ish thing where if you hit a certain part of your head, you can actually get a foreign accent that doesn't have to sound like it's from any particular country, but sometimes it does. Maybe I was born with it or something. Hahaha.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I watched a bunch of season 10 yesterday... not so much today lol

And everyone can just call me Janah... even though that's actually my middle name haha
Old 08-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lol. I wish I lived in California. :p

Yeah, I've heard of that disorder thing too. Did you hit your head?

Very strange...

Ok, Elk, I'll call you Elk, then.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:12 PM
New Fan

You know I live here in Canada yet where I live (near Toronto) I've never met anyone with "a canadian accent" And by that I mean the ones you see on TV with the excessive use of "eh" and so on. Maybe in the other provinces? Well then again I moved to Canada from Singapore a few years ago so I guess my exposure is less? Really, I actually can't see much of a difference in the Canadian accent vs the American one...
Old 08-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

My friend moved here from France for her father's job, and her little brothers have no accent whatsoever. Actually, they learned English fluently in about... 2 months. She kept getting Bonjours from our Tech teacher for the rest of the semester though. If you're young enough, you can take on accents just... naturally.
I'm past the age, but I take on accents from TV all the time. Subconciously. I said Sorry to my friend the other day and she looked at me like, You're not from Canada, right?
Old 08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclarelove (View Post)

Edit: Oh, yeah, two more things: One, I kinda have a fourth countdown, if you count a day-by-day countdown I have going on my calendar. And two, I GOT EDIBLE PAPER, PRINTED OUT A PICTURE OF ADAM ON IT, AND I'M PASTING IT ONTO A CUPCAKE!!

Oh, my god. You guys have noooo idea how psyched I am to make an Adam cupcake.

Oh, and a third thing. You guys can call me Sierra, instead of eclarelove all the time. Haha
OHMYGOSH! I'm totally jealous!!
I want an Adam cupcake!!! XDD
And even though I'm a noob, call me Alexa )

Eli; You're a brave warrior...
Misfits ftw!......Eclare is <3
Call me Alexa (: Avatar made by Asya!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElk (View Post)
Hm... I just watched every episode of season 10 in order.

And no one's calling me by my real name because I don't want people to. So... I'm just Elk.
Ooh, sounds fun! How long did it take? *does math* Should've been... eight hours? Wow, haha.

And that's alright

I'm still wondering what sort of party/dance they're at. And why Salve is dressed as Elvis and Adam is dressed as... Adam. In other words, no costume for him.

Nope, no head injuries. Well, my mom dropped me when I was little, but it was kinda on my face (bahaha) and all I did was chip a tooth. I dunno, maybe that's what happened.

And I've had the accent way before I watched Degrassi, or any Canadian show, (Life With Derek ftw!) or really before I can even remember. So I have no clue as to where it came from.

Last edited by eclarelove; 08-15-2010 at 07:27 PM
Old 08-15-2010, 07:19 PM
New Fan

@TheElk: Lol yeah I know about changing accents. When I came to Canada I had to change my Singaporean (for those who don't know, it's sorta like a mix of Chinese and Malay accents) more out of need because no one would've understood me with that accent. I was youngish so I managed to change it within two weeks. (although even now, parts of my old accent sneaks in somewhere in my speech ^.^')
Old 08-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

The only difference I hear is like the American 'ow' sound versus Candian 'oo' sound like in house or out. You know what I mean? My barn friend says those words like any Canadians I've ever heard. xD
Old 08-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, so I'm driving myself completely NUTS trying to figure out the song name on MBIAC part 2 when Adam is dressed as Gracie in the restaurant. It's really hard to make out what the lyrics are. Does anyone know the name?

I like how some of us are on a first name basis here.

I agree, the only thing that I can think of that's different is the "o" thing.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclarelove (View Post)
Ooh, sounds fun! How long did it take? *does math* Should've been... eight hours? Wow, haha
Not quite. I stopped for ice cream, popped 3 bags of popcorn, played video games, so that took me to about.... 11 hours. I like video games too much. And I kept rewinding My Body Is A Cage 2 to hear Adam say "Pissed" lol and "Surprise". I find those lines hilarious for some reason.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

The "Surprise!" line always cracks me up!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Has anyone else noticed how mean Adam's mother is? When Drew is hazed, it's the biggest thing ever and she made a big deal about it. But when Adam is slammed through a door and harassed, it's Adam's fault. Yes, she doesn't have any favorites or anything.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread