Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ew. The way I talk has been tarnished. Sarry. Howse. Owt. So simple but... Now I feel like I'm not even speaking English.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

No, it's before that. Lol. It's when "Gracie" shows up at the restaurant and the dad says "Gracie, glad you could make it." Then Drew says something like "Yeah, haven't seen you in a while."

I love all the songs from the episode all except for the Ryan Keen song. I'm in with "Sometimes".
Old 08-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I just realized that, lmao. Now I'm trying to make out the lyrics but I can't!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:11 PM
New Fan

Lmao, Elk, if you put it that way and you actually put thought into it, yeah it makes your speech sound odd doesn't it? I'm giving the Canadian versions of "house" and "out" a shot and it sounds so foreign to me (and I live here! Though like I said I really don't hear those versions where I live XD)

But if you could only hear my old accent XP Then come and talk to me about "not speaking English" Half the words I used to use weren't even English! It was like a mix of Mandarin, Malay and Hokkien. Words that are English didn't sound English at all. That's why my relatives couldn't understand a word I said back then over the phone XD

Last edited by AnEnigma; 08-15-2010 at 08:18 PM
Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Loyal Fan

LOL.

I'm Canadian I don't know if I have an accent. It's strange...I can only recognize the English, Aussie and FOB accents.
tumblr
Old 08-15-2010, 08:24 PM
New Fan

i'm half irish-half canadian, and i've lived in both countries so though i say "sore-y" it's still with a bit on an irish accent (which i'm trying to grow out of... i'd rather have just a canadian accent, or even an american accent...)
but when i moved to america, it was so odd hearing the way people pronounced things. it really puts in perspective how different american, and canadian speech actually is.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

I found it, Lauren!!!!

It's called Falling Behind by Cavaliers!, but I can only find the live version. YouTube - Cavaliers - Falling Behind

I looked through the credits of the episode and I thought I heard Falling Behind in the song somewhere and it was it. Ah, finally. Thanks for helping!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I feel all special when people call it an American accent. Because this is how I talk, how is this an accent? When my French friend tried mocking us, she kept saying like, "I cannot do an American accent, yes?" And my friends just felt all special. We have an accent! It's not how you think it because that's how you just... talk.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hahaha I know what you mean! I live in the south, and I think I talk normal, but when I talk to people that aren't really from here they think I have a southern accent. But I can't even tell, unless I'm comparing it to the way people talk on tv or something
Old 08-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

I live in the south too and it's only noticeable to me when I'm on a recording or something. Haha, but I don't sound as bad as some of my friends.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

So I'm back, like, an hour later with an Adam cupcake (but I kinda screwed myself over... now I can't eat it because I don't wanna eat him ) and I found that song even though you already found it. ANDANDAND sixty-nine hours left until Adam's sexybangs make their big entrance.

Danny (who I just got off the phone with) is okay with me calling him sexybangs. So I'm going to. xD
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hm... does that mean I have a... Northern accent?
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aaah nice job!! I had most of the lyrics right but I guess it wouldn't have come up without exact lyrics since it isn't popular?

I'm from the East Coast, so my accent is very 'typical American', I guess. Except for New Yorkers, who have accents.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lmao. Can we call him sexybangs too?

Hmm..that can be ADAM's nickname.

Yeah, it's very unpopular. Shame, it's a good song.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElk (View Post)
Hm... does that mean I have a... Northern accent?
Haha maybe so? I don't know if it's so much of an accent difference between the north and south, but like the way we pronounce things, and the dialect. Like I usually don't pronounce the 'g's at the end of verbs, like talking. I saw talkin'. lol

And I saw ya'll, and ain't, and gunna... lol all the time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread