Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

That's a very attractive thought, LOL..... That reminds me Steve Martin. He once said he's happy that he's not a woman, cause all he'd do all day long is play with his boobs.

X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mulder could so have said this!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)

Well I'm not saying it's possible in the real world but they could have done a better job explaining how it can be possible in the X-File universe. But the experiments that Scully found out about while researching her treatment for Christian (the two-headed dogs) are actual accounts of experiments that Russian scientists conducted during the 1950's so they took facts and wove them into IWTB.
the experiment conducted by Scully is called stem cell therapy. it has been successfully performed in our real life by some Chinese surgeons on an Irish little girl (around 2 or 3 years, i think) recently. the little girl - born blind - is now able to see. i guess in XF3, Scully would become famous because her treatment strategy for Christian would be successful and groundbreaking.

one thing i can say about the X-Files, episodes and movies, that they have particular crew to do the research for supporting the story. so things like stem cell therapy, cryobiology and stuff are real. they didn't make it up out of the blue. i think it's one of the various factors from the X-Files that catches my heart
Old 03-26-2009, 04:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

i just watched "Race to Witch Mountain" trailer. it'll be premiere soon in my country. i can say it has alien, UFO, paranormal, ESP and so on. a whole pack of ET & stuff and it's from disney? wow!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

^
.......and it has THE ROCK!!!

Old 03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Passionate Fan

^^ Sounds like a mild case of hero worship there Stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KIA* (View Post)
I remember that book... I think it was called something like "The science behind the X-Files"... that was some truly disturbing and scary stuff... I was surprised to find out just HOW possible some things are
I have 2 of those books. I think they covered the first 4 or 5 seasons of the show. And you're right, it's amazing how connected to real life some of the stories were.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Total Fan

Has any of you seen Dollhouse? It doesn't really have much to do with The X-Files (cases, UFOs, that kind of stuff), but there's also this really hot FBI agent who's trying to uncover as much information (aka "the truth") about this Dollhouse (which is some kind of secret Government organization) as he could, but he's all alone in this and nobody wants to help him, but from time to time he gets a tip from an anonymous source and doesn't give up, no matter what. Oh and did I mention that his office is like this small room at the end of the hall... yeah I was just sitting there thinking "This looks familiar..."
Well, maybe it's just me but I decided to share.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

I am a loyal watcher of Dollhouse.

....as well as a loyal poster at the 'DollHouse' Forum.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Total Fan

Well, I like it too. So far it got me interested.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

We don't have Dollhouse in the UK but hopefully the Sci-Fi channel will pick it up, either that or Sky1, they like those sort of shows

Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

This is a stretch but watching Wall-E again recently reminded me of how much Eve and Wall-E reminded me of M&S (one of these days I'm going to have to make a side by side video comparison).
Old 04-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

how 'bout this? months, months ago, i watched the latest Indiana Jones (Kingdom of the Crystall Skull) w/ friends. when we came to a scene of alien being and UFO, my friend whispered to me, "This is really a treat for you, being an X-Files fan." and i just stared at the cinema screen disbelieving what i saw. it's very ironic that Indy has alien while XF 2 has no alien whatsoever
Old 04-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

LOL..... I remember that scene. I remember thinking how much more awesome it could've been, had it been Fox Mulder there in that scene, and not Indiana Jones.....

Old 04-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

That's true, if I remember correctly George Lucas mentioned X-Files when he was promoting the new Indiana Jones movie. And I think Steven Spielberg use to be an X-Files fan (pipe dream would be that he would direct the X-Files colonization movie, if there is one).
Old 04-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

^
Really?!?

I did not know that.....