Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

i did not know that though i like spielberg's "Taken", i've never thought that he is a fan of the X-Files
Old 04-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

^I loved Taken, though I have never seen the last couple of episodes (I really need to buy the DVD).
Old 04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Didn't know Spieldberg was an X-phile either. And yes Taken is brilliant. I recently went back and watched it on DVD for the first time in years and years and I had forgotten how great it was.

Anyway to add to Conspiracy Theory from a couple of weeks back I just saw another film for the first time that reminded me a bit of the X-Files - The Burbs.

Well it reminded me of one specific X-Files episode - Arcadia. A deep dark secret lurking in the supposed heaven of suburbia. I was expecting Tom Hanks to call in Mulder and Scully at any minute.

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh my god I loved The Burbs!!!!!!! I swear I saw it about 100 times when I was younger... in fact now you've reminded me about it I'm gonna have to hunt it out... it really was like a twisted Arcadia with a great ending!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

well, i haven't watched The Burbs. but i can put it on my need-to-watch list anyway, just remember another movie, Groundhog Day. the *unexplainable phenomena* is exactly like in Monday.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was shredding old CV's in work today when I happened across one with the surname of 'Scanlon' and I went ooooh! and my work mate asked what was wrong and I was like, that's the doctor who treated Scully and she just rolled her eyes and laughed (she knows what I'm like )

I know it's not a TV show but I thought it was strange.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

^
Old 04-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimimich (View Post)
Oh my god I loved The Burbs!!!!!!! I swear I saw it about 100 times when I was younger... in fact now you've reminded me about it I'm gonna have to hunt it out... it really was like a twisted Arcadia with a great ending!
I seem to keep 'discovering' films that you used to love years ago, like Lost Boys and now The Burbs. Maybe you should tell me some of your other massive favourites that you watched all the time and I can track them down as well.

I hope you're able to track it down. If we lived closer I could just give you a loan of it. What was it about the ending you loved so much?

Quote:
I was shredding old CV's in work today when I happened across one with the surname of 'Scanlon' and I went ooooh! and my work mate asked what was wrong and I was like, that's the doctor who treated Scully and she just rolled her eyes and laughed (she knows what I'm like )
That's great! Do your work mates think you're a big geek?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac (View Post)
I seem to keep 'discovering' films that you used to love years ago, like Lost Boys and now The Burbs. Maybe you should tell me some of your other massive favourites that you watched all the time and I can track them down as well.

I hope you're able to track it down. If we lived closer I could just give you a loan of it. What was it about the ending you loved so much?
I love discovering old films you loved years back! And the Lost Boys, me and my friends watched it every Friday night for a few weeks. We fancied Jason Patrick I can't remember how the Burbs ended now, but I remember loving it... something like they thought they were wrong about the family but then discovered they were right? I'm gonna try eBay for it, but I think I might have put it in a cupboard with all the VHS tapes I didn't want to chuck out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac
That's great! Do your work mates think you're a big geek?
Oh yeah, huge geek! They don't mind me twittering on about random things though!

Old 04-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And the Lost Boys, me and my friends watched it every Friday night for a few weeks. We fancied Jason Patrick

I'm gonna try eBay for it, but I think I might have put it in a cupboard with all the VHS tapes I didn't want to chuck out.
I remember you telling me about your Lost Boys and Joson Patric love.

If you can't find it in an old cupboard then HMV have it on DVD for just £2.99.

hmv.com: Music CDs, DVDs, Games & More

That's where I bought mine a couple of weeks back. Very enjoyable film and I love Tom Hanks. Put me in the mood to watch some of his others I've not seen in ages - Big, Joe v Volcano, etc

Old 04-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

i just watched 2012 trailer. it's about the end of the world at Dec 21, 2012 due to massive earthquakes as predicted in Mayan calendar.
it's not about UFO and alien. i mention this because of its significant date to the X-Files regarding the date of final alien invasion.

YouTube - 2012 trailer (Official)
Old 04-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the trailer looks very x-file-ish!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I saw that trailer a while ago and it certainly made me think about the X-Files.

I wonder if the film might hurt the chance of seeing the X-Files doing that storyline any time soon

I can't remember now did anyone ever mention Eerie Indiana? I can definitely picture Marshall as a young Fox Mulder. Would be great to see Mulder and Scully go there to investigate

Old 05-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just watched Bones episode The Salt in the Wounds (s4). I believe it has similar element to the X-Files' Small Potatoes. The teen boy in Bones is somewhat similar to Eddie and is the father of 5 babies from 5 girls
Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

I saw that one a while ago and I didn't even think EVB but you're so right.