Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

A journalist investigating a murder, or something like that. It didn't look very good, so I didn't pay much attention to the trailer.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So I watched Fringe for the very first time yesterday and I have to say, it's basically X-Files meets CSI. It was nice, but I'm not overly impressed so far. Might give it another chance though

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KIA* (View Post)
So I watched Fringe for the very first time yesterday and I have to say, it's basically X-Files meets CSI. It was nice, but I'm not overly impressed so far. Might give it another chance though
It doesn't change much unfortunately. Saw the first 10 episodes, nothing major. Only thing I like about it is Walter and Peter's relationship.

They have some really funny lines..
Quote:
Peter: Walter, what are you doing?
Walter: I'm dosing a caterpillar.
Peter: Dosing? As in LSD?
Walter: It's a special blend.
Peter: I see. Hey, guess what just happened? Finding out that my father gives drugs to bugs, somehow just became a typical moment in my life.
Walter: Wonderful, isn't it

Walter: The typical number of young in the litter is usually equal to half the number nipples on the animal. The number of nipples being the maximum litter size. Humans, for example, one child is the typical. Maximum, twins. Barring extraordinary cases when the young exceed the number of nipples.
Peter: God, I hope I never have to hear him say the word "nipple" again

Last edited by neel luvs tony; 03-24-2009 at 12:33 PM
Old 03-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

"drugs to bugs"

Oh my gosh, that just sounds so funny

I watched an episode of Fringe the other night and it was just like The Host. Puking up worms and everything. I didn't quite see the end of the episode so I'm not too sure how it ends.

I also love the banter between between Walter and Peter

Old 03-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I remember that episode but I don't remember how it ended

Quote:
I also love the banter between between Walter and Peter
Me too
Old 03-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

'Fringe' would be nothing without Walter, IMO.....
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
'Fringe' would be nothing without Walter, IMO.....
Definitely
Old 03-25-2009, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

I also find their stories a little too much over-the-top. I mean, that's what I liked about the XFiles. Sure, some stories and MotW were crazy, but there was always this tiny little chance that it could somehow be possible. Now, Fringe on the other hand......it's entertaining, but from a scientific standpoint much of what they show is hilarious garbage, LOL.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

^That's the thing that I loved about X-Files. Especially in the early season mythology they actually made some effort to blend fact and fiction to make the events at least a little plausible. Other shows just take advantage that it's Science Fiction so anything is possible.
Even in IWTB they took the plausible route, though it could have been better if they would've had a scene where they explained how a head transplant is something that could be possible with stem cell research. Also maybe a scene where the bad guys kill someone they kidnapped, but that's something for the IWTB discussion thread.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember that book... I think it was called something like "The science behind the X-Files"... that was some truly disturbing and scary stuff... I was surprised to find out just HOW possible some things are

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Well, transplanting a head is not.....

But if it was....: Hand me that knife, and then:
WATCH OUT, GEORGE CLOONEY, HERE I COME!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They seriously had that on Fringe?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

No, silly.... IWTB!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Well I'm not saying it's possible in the real world but they could have done a better job explaining how it can be possible in the X-File universe. But the experiments that Scully found out about while researching her treatment for Christian (the two-headed dogs) are actual accounts of experiments that Russian scientists conducted during the 1950's so they took facts and wove them into IWTB.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, you have me, I never watched that movie

Can't believe I didn't make that connection...

And there were other thinngs beside the head switching that seem very highly unlikely, but hey, Star Trek had lots of things that people laughed about and then people came along and invented those things for real...
Who knows what's possible... maybe Stewie and I will switch heads for vacation in ten years

avi by neel luvs tony