Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

TV Shows/Movies that remind you of X-Files

I was randomly watching trailers online and I found this Apple - Trailers - The Signal - Trailer - Medium. The plot is exactly what happens in Wetwired but at a larger scale. I know there's a movie that predates Wetwired about TV controlling people (forget the name) but I don't think that involved a signal that actually makes people kill or am I wrong?

Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else has seen movies or TV shows that are suspiciously like The X-Files?
Old 02-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just wondering... didn't we have a similar thread before?

I remember I made a point for Lost and Jericho being strongly influenced by XF, but not copying necessarily...
And I don't think I have seen anything that reminded me of the X-Files in general or a certain ep...

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-12-2008, 05:04 AM
New Fan

Ray Romano hit the sitcom stratosphere with this gem based on his stand-up routine. It's about a Long Island sportswriter and his intrusive parents, who live (in)conveniently across the street from him, his wife and their three children.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Bones definitely reminds me of the X-Files. The chemistry between Booth and Brennan is similar to Mulder and Scully.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

I think the first 3 seasons of 'Smallville' resembled the X-fiels quite a bit.
There was the 'Freak of the week' concept, plus 'mytharc' episodes interspersed (but Superman mythology instead of government conspiracies, of course.....).
Plus, Marc Snow was in charge of the music.

Unfortunately, Smallville sucks now......
Old 03-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Rofly, this is only small, but when i saw it I HAD TO TELL YOU GUYS!
Okay so im watching 'the wedding date'
opening credits come on, they list names, whos there but someone called "DANA FOX"

Old 03-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I was watching tv and they made a reference to the x-files on The Nanny (small one) and a huge one on Home Improvement! I loved it!! O and i was reading my sociology textbook and there was a woman named Diana Scully, and they kept referring to her as Scully!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

^
I accidentally watched a fairly new epi of "Stargate SG-1" today, in which they made a reference to the X-files as well!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SculderBaby88 (View Post)
I was watching tv and they made a reference to the x-files on The Nanny (small one) and a huge one on Home Improvement! I loved it!! O and i was reading my sociology textbook and there was a woman named Diana Scully, and they kept referring to her as Scully!
The Nanny? Which ep was it?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

I was watching Constantine yesterday and OMG never noticed before how many character similarities there are. Constantine/Angela have the same will they won't they relationship tease as M&S, Balthazar very similar to Krycek, and Constantine's friends are LGM-like.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Bones definitely reminds me of the X-Files. The chemistry between Booth and Brennan is similar to Mulder and Scully.
Agree Actually the shows are completely different, but the dynamic between the two main characters is what makes it look similar

Quote:
"DANA FOX"
That's the coolest name ever
Old 07-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
I definitely agree with that.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Prison Break
The conspiracy in the first couple of seasons and now they have a character without a hand.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I would never have thought of Prison Break. But they do have some things in common.

And I agree about Booth and Brennan. Booth even says in the first episode "Spit in my hand, we're Mulder and Scully!".
Old 08-07-2008, 05:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Agree about Booth and Brennan as well