Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-29-2003, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

I'm really glad that he delegated the Survivor rejects from the couch ... to the side of the stage... to the curb w/ Rupert. What did they do to deserve to sit on the couch?? Nuthin.. that's why I love how Dave gets Stephanie to belittle them w/ either the 'hanky panky', 'the monkey', or now the current 'bit me in the butt' in the barn question.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by yossarin:
<STRONG>I'm really glad that he delegated the Survivor rejects from the couch ... to the side of the stage... to the curb w/ Rupert. What did they do to deserve to sit on the couch?? Nuthin.. that's why I love how Dave gets Stephanie to belittle them w/ either the 'hanky panky', 'the monkey', or now the current 'bit me in the butt' in the barn question.</STRONG>

Ditto!!
Old 11-29-2003, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by yossarin:
<STRONG>I'm really glad that he delegated the Survivor rejects from the couch ... to the side of the stage... to the curb w/ Rupert. What did they do to deserve to sit on the couch?? Nuthin.. that's why I love how Dave gets Stephanie to belittle them w/ either the 'hanky panky', 'the monkey', or now the current 'bit me in the butt' in the barn question.</STRONG>
I love how Dave treats them. It makes me laugh. I think at first when Survivor first came on, CBS wanted him to interview them, he probably didn't like CBS asking him this and probably thought it was completely stupid to interview contestants who were kicked off. Thats why he called them "survivor losers". I love how in the beginning when he got Stephanie to ask them questions she would always ask them the same question. He'd act suprised but I bet he was the one who wanted her to ask them stupid questions.

Oh, another thing I love from past Dave's was when he kept the "oprah journal". Every night he would write in it and state his progress in getting on her show. Its too bad he never got on. But I dont think he really wanted to anyways, like if she had really asked, he would have said no. I think he just wanted to annoy her. Then she sent him a baby present. I thought that was nice. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Jenn
Old 11-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

I know Magical he was really touched by the Oprah baby present.......he is a way softee inside but he can get pi$$@d too....like he is right now at Paris Hiltons rep [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] she would be smart to go on Dave especially now after all his riffs about this but I'm afraid she might be one coke shy of a six pack .......Sarz have your mum tell Mell to have a chat with her!
Old 11-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

Oh yea, he is definitly pissed about the Paris Hilton thing. He says something about it every night. He cant say *too* much bad things or they might sue him, so he keeps it very low key, but you can definitly tell he's pissed.

Old 11-30-2003, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Probably the best thing I've ever seen on the Late Show was the Campaign 2000 thing they did in..um, 2000 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Where every night they talked about whether Bush would debate Gore or not on the show, and they would have the liquid plumber foaming pipe snake commercial, hairagami, compost tumbler, etc. "Pack up and ride, grandma!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That was also when they'd have on the Survivor losers and it was also when Survivor was new so Dave would make fun of them a lot about "the buffet" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Speaking of Paris, did you guys know that when she was in Oz last month she hooked up with one of our Oz Idol rejects? How sad.

Anyhoo, Poddy, seeing as my mum has a hotline to Mel Gibson, i'm sure she can ring him up and get him to go on Dave soon. Ya think? Yeah...um...NOT.

And dont even get me started on Rupert---I'm still crushed he got voted off!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Sarz That is sad.......do those girls have parents? Thank goodness I wasn't let loose on the world with boucou money and no boundaries [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ok ..well I was kinda cut loose but at least I was poor that was a major blessing in desguise. Now ..bring on the $ I can handle it...really!

No Mell?........that was way harsh......how about the Wiggles Those dudes are bringing down your hard earned collective Aussie cool [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]........but hey they are laughing all the way to the bank

no new Dave in the states this week....I watched Jay with an open mind but he was so sub par in all points(please forgive Jay fans..that's what makes the world go round......as if anyone is reading this....and obviously I'm in the minority) Dave just has the talent to make the interviews smart and snappy.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I watch him the most out of all the late night hosts. He reminds me of my grandpa because of the way he laughs and licks his lips all the time.

I love the top ten lists.

And I LOVE when he does the Dr. Phil's words of wisdom. That part is so funny. Once he had a clip of Dr. Phil waving his hands and that was the advice for the day. And once he had a clip where Dr. Phil said, "I am an idiot." hehe

That Top Ten list is great. "1. There is now tangible evidence that I have had sex."
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 12-02-2003, 09:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh! Dr. Phil words of wisdom, my fave was, "Hey I'm not Miss America!"

Poddy, I too, try to watch Jay with an open mind but i just think he.....well sucks, basically.

And the Wiggles scared me, they just brought out talking Wiggles dolls! Bit of trivia for you, 3 Members of the Wiggles, (Blue, Yellow and Purple) used to be in a tres cool rock band in Oz in the 80's. Like they were legitimately good, they had hit singles. Which is a bit like Jon Bon Jovi in 10 years time donning a gay turtleneck and hosting a kiddies show.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

Malliejandra Thanks for reminding me about the Dr.Phil moments! I miss them.

Sarz Way hard to believe those guys were ever hot let alone sraight [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] interesting as well as disconcerting [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

here's a link to The Late Show web site .......it has some fun stuff...you can get their news letter and get a surprize ha ha once in a while.....well it's a surprize for me since I remember nothing. Late Show link
Old 12-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanx for the link Poddy--I visit there all the time, i cant believed they have archived the Top Ten lists going back to 96', that entertains me for hours!!
Old 12-06-2003, 06:21 PM
Loyal Fan

I just recently watched the show for the Wicked performance (hehe avatar plug) and thought Idina Menzel was FANTASTIC. I thought his interview with Dakota Fanning was so adorable!
Old 12-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by OptimisticCynic:
<STRONG> I thought his interview with Dakota Fanning was so adorable!</STRONG>
Aww, she was so cute. And he gave her a squirrel in the end, right? She was so excited!

Old 12-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Addicted Fan

The epi I saw last nite had yet another Aussie playing "Know that song" and he stumped the band (how surprising!) by singing an alcohol inspired themsong for the Kendwick Footy Club--How very Australian!

Jessica Alba was a guest--I thought she was adorable.

Oh and by the way, I'm one of the new Mods! Wheeeeeeeee!!!!

Later guys,

Sarz