Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtbabi96 (View Post)
I think they are portraying Haley & Nathans marriage realistically. You can tell they still love eachother, they just dont show it in a "cant-keep-my-hands-off-you" teenage love way. Its a more mature love... but I agree they can be a little more showy.

I think the writers are making them a little bit distant so they can throw in Nathan cheating on her and have him say that he was just getting lonely at home.. or some BS like that. But IDK.. just a little prediction.
Good point...

& possibly, since Nathan did say "I wish you were home more", although I took that as he wished she were around more so he wasn't alone with Carrie so often.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
so Nathan is following that advice, even thought it's a TOTALLY different situation.

I totally agree.. Haleys staying out of Lucas & Lindsays business because she doesnt feel like she belongs in it and its for Lucas to deal with. Nathan NEEDS to tell his WIFE that Carrie kissed him.. because they are MARRIED. Jeez. He better realize this soon..
Old 02-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Cool sig, cheesecake! Oh, and IA with your thoughts, but sometimes I wish I could see a lighter, happier, and more passionate Haley. It seems like they're intent on making her the frumpy non-entity sometimes. =/
Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Good point...

& possibly, since Nathan did say "I wish you were home more", although I took that as he wished she were around more so he wasn't alone with Carrie so often

Yeah James.. I thought of that too.. but I feel like its a set up that they can play off later in the show. I guess we'll find out soon!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe someday (View Post)
Isn't the joke that marriage is the best way to stop having sex?
Yeah, I think that's the one Mark's got stuck in his head. Along with the one about pregnant women being icky. Seriously, though, I could have just said couple, as in any couple, married or not, I mean can they not act like most lovers do in bed? Remember the days of season 2 and 3 and all the caressing and touching and flirting? What the hell happened to that? It's beyond ridiculous.
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah James.. I thought of that too.. but I feel like its a set up that they can play off later in the show. I guess we'll find out soon!
You are usually pretty good with your predictions!
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It seems like they're intent on making her the frumpy non-entity sometimes. =/
Considering all the comments that Mark always has peope say about her, it's obviously that's what they're trying to do =(
Old 02-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by only midnight (View Post)
I thought we weren't allowed to bash characters..?
nope. just not actresses/actors.

shiftmyspace: thank you! It totally fits them, doesn't it? First Lucas sig/avi i've had all 5 years.

and I agree with the Haley thing. But honestly? I think its necessary for the show. I can definitely this exact thing playing into the Nathan/Carrie catastrophe. As terrible as it seems, I can see Haley blaming the fact that she's always been "too mature, or too responsible." Thats crap, obviously. If Nathan cheats its because he can't see how fricken LUCKY he is to have Haley's support and loyalty all these years. But, like I said, it would give Joy some amazing material. And for the first time we'll have Haley do some character-searching that doesn't revolve around Nathan. Maybe if we have some more BH and LH moments we'll see some old Haley spark?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Oh, please call me Sandy!

I really like reading your posts.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe if we have some more BH and LH moments we'll see some old Haley spark?
Definately. Esp bH.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love how Haley has more of a backbone now and speaks her mind. It may come off catty, but I love the new Haley.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
and I agree with the Haley thing. But honestly? I think its necessary for the show. I can definitely this exact thing playing into the Nathan/Carrie catastrophe. As terrible as it seems, I can see Haley blaming the fact that she's always been "too mature, or too responsible." Thats crap, obviously. If Nathan cheats its because he can't see how fricken LUCKY he is to have Haley's support and loyalty all these years. But, like I said, it would give Joy some amazing material. And for the first time we'll have Haley do some character-searching that doesn't revolve around Nathan. Maybe if we have some more BH and LH moments we'll see some old Haley spark?
I completely agree with you! Haley just seems so different this year and I'm definitely missing the old!school Hales.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think they are portraying Haley & Nathans marriage realistically. You can tell they still love eachother, they just dont show it in a "cant-keep-my-hands-off-you" teenage love way. Its a more mature love... but I agree they can be a little more showy.
Great thoughts about Naley's "mature" marriage. It's true, they're not teenagers. They don't have to be groping constantly, kissing constantly. (Although, as a self-admitted gutter-head, I wouldn't mind seeing that. ) Add in the fact that they're parents, too. I remember my parents always said they tried to never kiss in front of me when I was little because they didn't want the image to get stuck in my brain. They said it would give me naughty ideas. Needless, to say, their tactic didn't work, but that's another story.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a few kisses here and there . . . that would be nice.

Quote:
I think the writers are making them a little bit distant so they can throw in Nathan cheating on her and have him say that he was just getting lonely at home.. or some BS like that. But IDK.. just a little prediction.
I gotta say, though, I hope you're dead wrong on that prediction. It's always possible, but I like to think that won't happen. And I really don't think it will. Nathan and Haley have overcome so much, so many other "third parties." Chris Keller. Her sister. (Does that even count?) Rachel. They'll overcome Nanny Carrie just like they always do. Positive thoughts, people! If you think happy things, happy things happen! It sounds cheesy, but it's true!

Which episode is the 100th episode, by the way? I should do the math myself, but I'm a little under the weather. I have a feeling numero 100 is going to be huge.

-April
ICON
Old 02-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Didn't mean to offend you shiftmyshape.
My strong (over)reaction in my post was because I really disagreed with your comments, but, I've edited my post and hope that everyone is okay with it now. If not, I'll remove it. I agree no one should fight on the boards, but, I also think that OTH in particular has a very passionate fan base that have their favorites and least favorites. I was defending mine. It's hard to keep that in check, sorry again.

I love Peyton - although I do think she's suffered enough!! A lot of soapy shows have one (usually female) tragic character (the one that seems to have all this bad stuff happen to them). Peyton is definitely that for this show.
The way LP has been portrayed as this epic romance, I think Peyton's reaction to this loss is perfectly understandable. I adore Hilarie and her performance tonight was amazing!

The Brooke/Peyton friendship is so nice this year, they have supported one another as best friends should. Sophia and Hilarie are very believable as best friends.

I'm liking Owen more - I wasn't sure in the beginning, but, he's growing on me. I like the fact that he's a mature man and has a good head on his shoulders (no pun intended). Brooke needs a solid guy to match her strong personality.

Jamie is absolutely adorable (he and Brooke together are precious). She talks to him like an adult - it's like he's the parent!! and that kid can act!!

Haley's character had so much more depth in earlier seasons. She's acting like a self-righteous witch this year...and I hate to see that! But, after tonight, admitting she was upset about the way she talked to Peyton and Lucas I hope that will change. Joy is so good at portraying Haley.

I don't like the Lindsey character because I think she's being forced down our throats. I can't get myself to care about her. In the last ep she said she knew he was writing because of Peyton and in love with Peyton and she's packed and ready to leave and then she says she'll marry him?! It doesn't make any sense. I don't see any chemistry with Lucas. I really can't figure Lucas out this year. He's obviously still in love with Peyton, but, proposes to the "safe" girl.

I love Haley and Nathan together. But, I agree they've not been shown as affectionate at all lately. The nanny is a source of friction, but, it may make for some great Naley scenes later on. I hope so...soon.

All of this IMHO
Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I have no words for Hilarie's performances this season. Each week, she just shows how talented she is and how far she's come as an actress. My god, the first scene with BP on the couch...I felt like I shouldn't be watching Peyton cry, I should let her have her moment. It just felt SO REAL.

This episode gave me even more faith that LP will find their way back to one another. Lucas' quote from his book about Peyton is probably the most beautiful thing Lucas has ever said. Peyton's VO gives me hope as well.
The gym LP scene was heartbreaking but I felt the emotion from both of them. Lucas' teary eyes and Peyton's tears running down her face just show that this is not what they truly want.
I loved the reference to KK.

Molly can paint over Peyton's door, but Lucas + Peyton will always be there.

I'm very upset that Mark has hurt HP just for Lindsey. She's pointless and we just got HP back..and I don't like how judgemental Haley has been. Just listen to Peyton's side too, that's all I ask.

Carrie sickens me.

The Scott boys will get it right one of these days.

Hilarie Burton
credit: glance18
Closed Thread   Post New Thread