Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

I love so much about this episode. Probably my favorite after 5.02.

Michaela McManus is a really refreshing add this year. Such talent, that proposal scene made me go from preferring LL to actively shipping them. They have a lot of chemistry and I saw a lot of love both ways in that scene. In my eyes it redeemed Lucas' motivations a bit for me. They're more believable in 8 episodes than LP in 88.

Honestly Peyton... I can't even form words on how ABSURD the character is. I was wide-mouth and in hysterics throughout her parts. Who can take her seriously?
"I know it must se-"
"No, don't marry her LUUUUKE."

Same goes for "Molly". B/P, Brooke should be my bff but aside from that I think the actresses look so forced and stiff together.

I love Brooke. She is so fun and refreshing and hilarious. I adooored her scenes with Jamie, Haley and Owen. I don't mind that she undressed in the back of Owen's car. She didn't even have sex with him (I doubt I would mind if she did - young girl having fun). She just couldn't take Owen's blows to her giant ego. It's going to be fun watching them back and forth. I want so much for Brooke to have someone real and fun and wonderful for her who might eventually put her first and that is outside the lame drama of LP. Hopefully that's Owen. Jamie has so much chemistry with Brooke, I love how she talks to him like an adult and spoils him silly. Great godmother. As always, best part of the episode.

Haley, thank you for being the moral center we always knew you were. Her scene with Peyton was the one that I enjoyed the most this year. Thank you, thank you thank you! She is so right and Haley has all the right in the world to be upset at her "friend" lying about her motivations coming back home and disrupting her best friend's love life with old habits. Especially messy considering how close she is with Linds.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Very well said, April. Couldn't agree with everything you said any more.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmyshape (View Post)

They're more believable in 8 episodes than LP in 88.

Honestly Peyton... I can't even form words on how ABSURD the character is.
Great post, I agreed with all but I had to quote these two specific lines for being SO awesome!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's a sad story. I used to tape this show faithfully; watch real time to review with my friends; rewatch any and every Nathan and Haley scene (more than twice); stick up for Mark and the writers; write fan fic regularly... Now, I try to remain loyal to the show but, NEVER watch it real time and fast foward through almost the entire show because I cringe at most of it.

Nathan even allowing the Nanny to touch his face like that to wipe off the paint is a joke and it just makes me really sad that this is what the writers, directors, producers etc think we want to see. If a man loved his wife, he would have pulled away instantly. Good way to make us care about Nathan at all. Sad tale people. Re-evaluate.

"What did you do, tell her she was fat?"
Old 02-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses1 (View Post)
Here's a sad story. I used to tape this show faithfully; watch real time to review with my friends; rewatch any and every Nathan and Haley scene (more than twice); stick up for Mark and the writers; write fan fic regularly... Now, I try to remain loyal to the show but, NEVER watch it real time and fast foward through almost the entire show because I cringe at most of it.

Nathan even allowing the Nanny to touch his face like that to wipe off the paint is a joke and it just makes me really sad that this is what the writers, directors, producers etc think we want to see. If a man loved his wife, he would have pulled away instantly. Good way to make us care about Nathan at all. Sad tale people. Re-evaluate.

Great post Jean. I hear ya. There's really nothing for the N/H fans anymore. They're not trying to please us whatsoever, in fact, it seems they just want to spit in our face. I'm trying to remain loyal too but there's only so much one can take.

On Nathan letting her touch his face, I had just commented on the same thing on another thread. It's ridiculous. He had just told her to knock off the flirting and then she goes in to touch his face, tells him to close his eyes. Are you kidding me? He doesn't know by now what the hell she's up to? He should have pushed her away and fired her on the spot. The contrivance is beyond words.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Honestly Peyton... I can't even form words on how ABSURD the character is. I was wide-mouth and in hysterics throughout her parts. Who can take her seriously?
"I know it must se-"
Yes. I wasn't a fan of Peyton tonight. It was too much, and not at all subtle. She carries this dark cloud everywhere she goes. The majority of her scenes, were just of her crying or feeling sorry for herself. It got tired fast.

And Nathan. Wow. The fact that he just stood there after Carrie made her move? And just stared at her, with his son in the next room? Jamie's already confusing who his mother is, Nathan shouldn't be giving him anymore doubts.

bethany joy |
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Total Fan

This episode sucked bad. WORST episode of the season BY FAR.

The only person I liked was Jamie.

Last edited by ~DropsofJupiter~; 02-19-2008 at 09:13 PM
Old 02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Michaela McManus is a really refreshing add this year. Such talent, that proposal scene made me go from preferring LL to actively shipping them. They have a lot of chemistry and I saw a lot of love both ways in that scene. In my eyes it redeemed Lucas' motivations a bit for me. They're more believable in 8 episodes than LP in 88.

"I know it must se-"

Same goes for "Molly". B/P, Brooke should be my bff but aside from that I think the actresses look so forced and stiff together.

Haley, thank you for being the moral center we always knew you were. Her scene with Peyton was the one that I enjoyed the most this year. Thank you, thank you thank you! She is so right and Haley has all the right in the world to be upset at her "friend" lying about her motivations coming back home and disrupting her best friend's love life with old habits. Especially messy considering how close she is with Linds.

Could not disagree more about Michaela. And Lucas is in bed with Lindsey (just after proposing) flashing back to the "It's you Peyton" moment - yeah totally buy that relationship!

Oh more Peyton bashing - that's refreshing! I thought the portrayal of losing the love of your life was absolutely honest!!

Hilarie and Sophia are great together - they have more chemistry than any other two "friends" on the show. Always have, even when the characters were fighting.

Haley - always the moral center - a couple of kisses with Chris anyone? or how about a long bus ride away from your husband with him?
She's sweet and smart (smarter than they are giving her credit for with the whole nanny thing), but, even she admitted she felt awful about what she said to Lucas and Peyton.

Sorry, I got a little snarky there

Last edited by OTHfamily; 02-19-2008 at 09:36 PM Reason: Is that better?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Whats the point in bringing up the tour? Haley and Nathan have married for six years now, all of that is ions behind this.

Haley was right in what she said to Peyton. She shouldn't just expect three years later to show up and break up Lucas's relationships. That may have happened in high school, but things are different now. She saw Lucas after they broke up and how hurt he was and how happy he's been with Lindsey. She knows Lindsey. Its different.

I loved Lindsey in the proposal scene because she was really ready to go. Also I loved loved how just because she found the ring didn't mean she was gonna stay, it just pissed her off even more. When she told Lucas she'd love him like she did, it was beautiful.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

OTHfamily, we aren't allowed to bash actresses or posters.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think the episode was good.. Peyton needs to stop being such a whiney brat and get over the fact that Lucas is in love with Lindsay and they are HAPPY. The end. Go away Peyton and stop ruining everyone elses relationships.

Annnd.. Nathan had better tell Haley SOON about the nanny kiss before things go further. What is with him, honestly? Atleast he didnt kiss back... or it didnt look like it. But Nannys gotta go. And I can not WAIT to see the beatdown Haleys going to throw when she finds out.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OTHFamily: I think shiftmyshape was just expressing an opinion. It's okay if you don't agree, but you might get your point across if you do it more respectfully. Just a thought.

It disappoints me that some Naley fans claim to be giving up. I am in no way happy with this nanny storyline, either, and wish that Nathan's alcoholism storyline would have gone on longer, but we've seen the characters overcome far worse. Have no fear, Naliens! They are the one couple on this show that will FOR SURE, WITHOUT A DOUBT end up together! (Although I'm fairly certain Leyton will, too.)

-April
ICON
Old 02-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I think the episode was good.. Peyton needs to stop being such a whiney brat and get over the fact that Lucas is in love with Lindsay and they are HAPPY. The end. Go away Peyton and stop ruining everyone elses relationships.
I agree, Pey was too whiny/emo for me. The last scene looked like she had no will to live. MY GOD, it's just a guy.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought the episode was pretty good. Better than last week. Life is so much easier when you don't have any romantic ships to get in the way.

I'm glad that they showed how the proposal came about and Luke's motivations, and why Lindsey said yes, so it doesn't just look like she rolled over and accepted and that he did it just because he was scared of Peyton. To me, it seemed like after kissing Peyton, Lucas realized that he just doesn't feel that way about her anymore.

Peyton, Peyton, Peyton. Get over it, girl. It was years ago. He was your high school boyfriend. Big deal, he said a couple sweet things to you, and you think you own him forever now? He said the same things to Brooke, and you don't see her BEGGING him not to marry someone else. Lame.

Molly, omg. How pathetic! Why do people want to stalk Peyton?

Jamie/Brooke were hella cute. I thought they were cute in 5.02, sure, but they were REALLY cute tonight. I love him most with his godmother, Brooke <3 Brooke/Owen are entertaining, even if he kinda looks like a beast. And Soph, gurl, you're voice is killing me. It sounds like it actually hurts her to talk or something.

I wish Mark didn't have to make Carrie so crazy because I love Torrey and think she is so beautiful, but alas ... Anyway, Nathan - you're an idiot. You don't close your eyes when a girl [who was hardcore flirting with you last night] is holding your face and two inches away from you.

Haley was awesome tonight and was completely in line with everything she said and she had every right to say them. Linds has such a good team caption!

Millicent, my love, you are WAY too good for Marvin!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

absolute BEST scene tonight? Haley's scene with Peyton. Obviously Mark was trying to still make us sympathise with Peyton throughout the episode, but the truth of Haley's words just resonated throughout the entire episode.

WORD.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread