Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have to be honest, I don't even like the way they are portraying Haley lately. They need to lighten her up and while they're at it maybe they could lighten up her hair too. Shallow, I know, but I don't care for her hair that dark. It makes her look/seem too serious. (don't get me wrong, she can still look gorgeous)

They're writing her like she's everyone's parent or something. She doesn't always have to be in mom-mode. While they're at it, maybe they could get Nathan and Haley to touch each other. While laying in bed. Like most married couples do. Crazy thought, I know. At this rate, they might as well get a couple of twin beds and do their scenes like the married couples of the fifties. It's insane really. What a waste.

I'm sure I'm going to regret opening this can of worms.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode was snoozefest '08. blah.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

It disappoints me that some Naley fans claim to be giving up. I am in no way happy with this nanny storyline, either, and wish that Nathan's alcoholism storyline would have gone on longer, but we've seen the characters overcome far worse. Have no fear, Naliens! They are the one couple on this show that will FOR SURE, WITHOUT A DOUBT end up together! (Although I'm fairly certain Leyton will, too.)

-April

Great post, again! love it. and completely agree. Love that you called us all Naliens... lol, I've never heard that before.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
While they're at it, maybe they could get Nathan and Haley to touch each other. While laying in bed. Like most married couples do.
Isn't the joke that marriage is the best way to stop having sex?

Anyway, I agree that I wish they'd lighten her up a bit. I still love her the most and don't think she's being a buzzkill or anything, but I wish she'd get to have some fun too.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Peyton, Peyton, Peyton. Get over it, girl. It was years ago. He was your high school boyfriend. Big deal, he said a couple sweet things to you, and you think you own him forever now? He said the same things to Brooke, and you don't see her BEGGING him not to marry someone else. Lame.

Molly, omg. How pathetic! Why do people want to stalk Peyton?

Jamie/Brooke were hella cute. I thought they were cute in 5.02, sure, but they were REALLY cute tonight. I love him most with his godmother, Brooke <3 Brooke/Owen are entertaining, even if he kinda looks like a beast. And Soph, gurl, you're voice is killing me. It sounds like it actually hurts her to talk or something.
Brit, I agree with you 107%!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Hey everyone. Just a quick reminder... last week's thread got completely out of hand and there was a lot of arguing back and forth.

Please do not quote another person's opinions in order to disagree with them, or start an argument. Everyone is entitled to their opinions in regards to each episode and they should not feel attacked for their own personal views.

No one wants to see the thread like it was last week. Please keep it respectful when posting your thoughts on the episode.

Thanks,
Mel
Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dreamer (View Post)
While they're at it, maybe they could get Nathan and Haley to touch each other. While laying in bed. Like most married couples do. Crazy thought, I know. At this rate, they might as well get a couple of twin beds and do their scenes like the married couples of the fifties. It's insane really. What a waste.
YES! Totally agree!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
OTHFamily: I think shiftmyshape was just expressing an opinion. It's okay if you don't agree, but you might get your point across if you do it more respectfully. Just a thought.
Thanks April and you're absolutely right! =) You can call me Sandy if you wish.

Quote:
Jamie/Brooke were hella cute. I thought they were cute in 5.02, sure, but they were REALLY cute tonight. I love him most with his godmother, Brooke <3
You know I agree hardcore, but I love to hear it coming from you especially since you weren't THAT impressed in 5.02 (when I was!). So adorable and I really want more interaction.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen the episode yet, but did Nathan honestly not tell Haley that Carrie kissed him? Wth? Nathan, you kind of suck.

And what did Peyton do? Completely embarrass herself?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Yikes. I haven't seen the episode yet, however...

I just want to go ahead and jump in now while it's early in the thread and things are isolated to remind everyone of the reminders we posted in the last episode discussion thread(s).

We won't be giving multiple reminders this week like we did last week. Everyone's been made aware of the rules repeatedly. Please, we are asking everyone to be respectful of each other, everyone is entitled to their opinion on the episode, characters, ships, etc. We ask that everyone please avoid quoting of commentary solely to disagree, and we ask that no bashing of the actors/actresses occur in the thread. The continuance of these offenses, whether they be Fan Forum or OTH Board Rules violations, can and will lead to infractions. Thanks so much for keeping this in mind, guys.

- Bethany Joy
Old 02-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I haven't seen the episode yet, but did Nathan honestly not tell Haley that Carrie kissed him?
He didn't even pull away or push her away or ... say anything. And he asked Hales if she was gonna tell Linds about the kiss, but she said some things are better left a sekret, so Nathan is following that advice, even thought it's a TOTALLY different situation.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Total Fan

Lucas is a bland, boring terd. It's fitting that the only female as lame as him on this show is now engaged to him.

Lindsey is almost as dumbass as Nathan. I mean Lucas's proposal couldn't be more artificial and forced but she soaked it up like only a OTH femme would.

But I love all the fake congratulations everybody had for the happy couple. They were all like "oh you're getting married? but what about...."

Yea, exciting, itn't it?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Sunset_Dreamer: I get where you're coming from. I do agree with you that she's acting like the mom of the group, but I think its the most realistic character development of all 5 on the show. You have to remember that she was married and was a mom by age 17, and her husband, who she's always counted on to support her and she vice versa, turned into.....what we saw early on this season. I wont bash him because I'm scared of the Nathan fans. Seriously though, I think its the best portrayal the writers could have done with Haley's character. If you think about it, it could give way to a good storyline in which Haley starts to wish she'd had the same freedom her friends had, if she didn't have all the responsabilities pile on her shoulders so quickly and early. It would give Joy some good material to work with, that ISNT attached to Nathan Scott.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think they are portraying Haley & Nathans marriage realistically. You can tell they still love eachother, they just dont show it in a "cant-keep-my-hands-off-you" teenage love way. Its a more mature love... but I agree they can be a little more showy.

I think the writers are making them a little bit distant so they can throw in Nathan cheating on her and have him say that he was just getting lonely at home.. or some BS like that. But IDK.. just a little prediction.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Total Fan

I thought we weren't allowed to bash characters..?