Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

sunset dreamer I think we were watching the same show. Nothing gave me any reason to tune in next season. And what was the deal with Haley not being there for the last hour? Also, how come Nathan didn't bring up the annulment papers to anyone? So I guess he did sign it.

No offense to Peyton fans, I actually find her quite enjoyable now, but she managed to get a new storyline within the last hour and Haley still hasn't had one for the whole season. That music crap was definitely wasn't hers, she wasn't even on. And someone brought up a good point, if she is during this musical journey stuff, why haven't they shown her singing?

I am feeling pessimistic and if history of this show proves anything to us, Nathan and Haley are not going to get back together. Mark is doing the "keep the faith" in the beginning of the season, "oh I am not sure Haley and Nathan are going to be back together" near the end of the season again. I found nothing that gave me a reason to keep the faith.

The first hour was ok, Haley actually appeared. You can tell BJL was sick though, poor thing
rima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG I loved this episode. I spoke to my friend on the phone right after it so i got most of my excitement and thoughts out already but here goes

The first half

I loved how this episode was... I loved the quotes at the end and all the lucas and haley scenes were great. The music from Jimmy eat world was put nicely into this episode... Nikki is crazy.. i found her scene with Jake to be very entertaining. Jeyton goodbye screamed closure so i don’t think we’ll be seeing them together again. It was a sweet goodbye. Chris didn’t bother me, i found him funny actually. Everyones final quotes were beautiful...and i was so happy to see the next episode start because the first left me very depressed. it was so sad.

Second half

It was ok, and the ending was just simply amazing, I loved the cliff hangers now onto the specific things

Naley- I guess the ending gave Naley fans hope for next season, i enjoyed seeing Haley on my screen again... I kinda thought Nathan would close the door, but he didn’t so I took it as a good sign. and to me Deb looked jealous, she finally got her son back and now Haleys back, so maybe that was what her look was all about.

Nathan/Peyton- Oh Joy! I loved the 2 scenes they had... especailly the second, and the picture of them were toooooo cute. and then the tickle...I definately think they will have much build up next season. Atleast I hope cause thats my favorite ship.

Brucas- Ehhh don’t like them and I thought i could handle it but Lucas is such a flip flopper...now peyton was the mistake? he just doesn’t make sense to me. I love Brooke but just not with Lucas because he’s out of his mind with confusion. I wouldn’t be able to trust him again.

Leyton- I love them and I’ll love them as friends if thats all the show wants to give, the hug at the end was very adorable.. Lucas really has no one this summer...well i guess haley is back.

Peytons Mom- wow I’m very interested in this storyline..and who’s her stalker?

Dans Dead?!?!?! maybe, maybe not. but it was a great scene and so many suspects... and the scene with him and lucas was good, his whole testing lucas was interesting...

Hope I mentioned everything....Great finale Mark.

DVD Commentary
Sophia-Brooke and Peyton are not lovers, thanks, lets just establish that right now.
Hilarie- thats true, atleast not season one.
Sophia-(pause)WoW, not till season 3 Hil come on.

I'm am a 100% Creek Freak and proud of it!...
CreekFreak2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I was surprised. Before watching this episode, I never would have thought I would be this pissed off, and incredibly happy at the same time. It's just so damn perplexing. I'm only going to comment on three things because they were the only things I really cared about.

BL-- Loved and hated it. Chad and Sophia both were awesome. But was Lucas actually waiting for the worst possible time to tell her? I mean, Lucas! Grab a pair of balls and use them for your own! Don't wait until the the very last minute to tell her, and then cry like a girl when she leaves. But glad to see that Lucas knows how much he screwed up.

JP-- I feel so bad for Peyton right now. I can't imagine how much that must hurt. If Bryan doesn't come back, I don't know what I'll do.

LP-- Okay, Mark. I see what you're doin'. Hinting at a revisit to the dreaded triangle? Ugh. All I got to say is, if you're going back to LP, just hurry up and do it, so I can stop watching.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, who is Peyton's stalker?

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:02 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPod23
I also agree. Although the cliffhangers were very captivating, the storyline has drifted from its originality. I feel that this show is becoming more alike a soap opera than a weekly drama. The forced storyline with peyton's mom suddenly appearing is not welcomed in my books. The attempted murder of dan is a great cliffhanger, but again, it contributes to the entire soap opera feeling. I will continue to watch this show next season, but I really do hope that it will lean closer to reality so people may be able to relate to it. I dont think that the only way to increase the drama is by adding so many forced plotlines into the overall story. Dont get me wrong, i think the writers have been doing a wonderful job, but they may be getting a bit carried away.
OMG!!!!!! I COMPLETELY AGREE.... the semi more reality things get ditched after 2 episodes... there was a lesbian and they ditched that ( god forbid some reality problems would be shone) divorce.. kinda kiicked byt he wayside...the things that used to make this show great arent there anymore... they are trying way too hard to make this show something its not and i used to be obsessed and I dont even know if I want to watch this show anymore.....
ilovecmm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was pretty disappointed in the episode too. The only good part was the VERY end. I can't wait to see what happened to Dan! I've got my suspicions as to who it was. I HATED the way they left N/H. Goodness have the fans of this couple not been through enough this season? I felt like nothing was resolved in this episode. This season was SO "off" from Season 1. It doesn't even feel like the same show anymore. People in NYC asking Haley for autographs while she's taking a walk? Are you kidding me? This is the same girl that was turtoing Nathan a few months ago. I mean so much of this show just feel so strange now. I think a lot of people really connected to the show and it's characters in Season 1 because we could identify with so much of it. This season I really felt I couldn't identify with much at all. Haley was my favorite character and this season she completely lost her identity. The Haley we saw this season was someone I don't think any of us felt we could identify with. I would watch and think to myself "Who is this person?" That's actaully what I felt while I watched most of this season. I thought to myself on numerous occasions "Is this really the same show I fell in love last year?" I guess I'm like a lot of you when I say I'm just really disappointed right now. This show had so much potential. These characters have so much potential. It just feels like so much of it was wasted or butchered this season.

I will watch the first episode of Season 3, but if I get any feeling that it will be like this last season, I wil have to find something else to watch on Wednesday nights.
bambimtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow...the board seems to be jumping tonight. I guess Mark & Co. really made an impression.

I've only watched the episode once, so I don't have a whole lot to say at the moment, but here's what I've got....

Whitey made me cry...again.

Peyton made me cry. Hil rocked this episode. And I was completely thrown off by the whole Elizabeth being her mom thing. I guess that's why they said Peyton's middle name repeatedly throughout this episode. I'm also not entirely sure I'm inclined to believe her...but that's just the skeptic in me. But if she is, oh how things will change or become more complicated.

Also, didn't see Nikki getting her hands on Jenny. I'm not sure why I didn't see that coming, but I guess I'm getting slower in predictions in my old age.

I'm sooo confused by what's going on in Haley's head. Telling Lucas that this was her life now and that she wasn't ever coming back...then showing up on Nathan's door step as he's preparing to leave for High Flyers. I really hope he goes... And boy did he not seem happy to see her.

I wasn't as anti-Chris this episode. He seemed more like a person than an ego. He also seemed to have genuine care for Haley and helping her find her way.

Brooke and Lucas....not really sure what to say. I'm glad they kissed, I'm slightly confused by her reaction...but as always I'm looking forward to see what comes of it.

I'm also not too sure how I feel about Peyton and Lucas spending the whole summer together. I mean I know he said that he wants to be with Brooke and Peyton says she's over him...but I'm inclined to believe that old habits die hard.

And CMM was spot on about this season having a "Who shot JR?" type of ending. I've got about 4 suspects...none of whom I have any evidence to support it. I guess I'm just going to have to wait an entire 4 months to see. Either way though, I'll be incredibly upset if Dan really is gone for good. He just stirred up so much drama and conflict, which I loved. Also, PJ isn't exactly hard on the eyes.

All in all...I'm excited about next season. I can't wait for my questions and speculations to be answered. Great job on an interesting season to everyone involved.

ETA: It's interesting the cycle that these two brothers go through. From hating each other, to tolerating each other, to loving each other and then back again. They were in exactly the opposite place at the end of this season as they were at the end of last season. I wonder if Mark had that planned as well.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Guess who's glad that they didn't miss AI live for this show? That would be me!

I wasn't going to comment because I couldn't think of a way to review this episode in words that I'm allowed to say on FF. But somehow I managed to sort out my bitter thoughts.

Now, I’ll put just as much energy into this post as Nathan has put “into his marriage.” I’ll just go with: njbfbnkfbmnk and “That sucked.” And if anyone finds that insulting, well let’s say it’s probably just as insulting as I’ve found this season to be.

I honestly looked at the clock about 12 times. I needed it to be over.

You know what would be fabulous? If they could stop using Haley as a plot device for just one second. And I love NH, but I don’t see how that last scene, (I’m sorry, the only scene) between her and Nathan looked hopeful. She told Luke she wasn’t coming back, then she’s playing grown-up with some tour guys, and then all of a sudden she’s home? Everything interesting happens off screen, huh? They probably just threw her in there at the end so that she can now be a suspect in Dan’s murder. And just when I thought she couldn’t be any more of a plot device!! While I would love to see a reunion between NH and maybe see them work on their marriage, though it’ll probably happen off screen anyway ( ) I have zero trust in this show and I just don’t know what to think anymore.

NL as boyfriends was getting boring, so I’m glad that there’s now some conflict, even if it is over the dumbest crap ever.

I saw the CH scene the same way I saw the NP scene. Neither meant anything, and if I’m wrong, well than isn’t that why man invented the remote? For situations just like this. But I’m looking at those scenes the way I saw the Karen/Nathan scene, just as a random thing where random people lean on each other cuz they can kinda understand each other. The alternative makes my skin crawl, so for the sake of my sanity that’s what I’m going with.

Deb/Nathan: I’m not even going to pretend to understand this new bond they have. I swear I was expecting him to call her Mommy and ask her to tuck him in bed. Whatever.

PJ is one asset that this show cannot afford to lose. For the sake of this show, Dan better not be dead.

I thought season finales were supposed to bring resolution and raise questions and leave you wanting to come back for more? Guess not.

Oh my gosh, I swear, if I never hear the words 'journey' and 'dream' again, it'll be too soon. Overkill!

I’d comment on everything else, but I just… don’t care.

Last edited by Rhody617; 05-24-2005 at 08:14 PM
Rhody617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:07 PM
New Fan

Wow, what a finale. I loved everything about it. Everything. And I think it could have been Andy who got Dan. but now I could be thinking it could have been Jules. And Haley coming back? I screamed, really screamed. Loved every second of it. Can't wait until next season.
hockeyfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

*is speechless*

Whoa! Just um, whoa. The drama and the action and the oh!

How can Peyton's mom be here? She's like, dead!

Why did Haley come back?

Why can't the B/L be happy?

Is Andy dead?

Is Dan going to die? Who killed him?

So many questions, I love it. I know this post is really disjointed, but so is my head right now, LOL.

I loved it. I absolutely loved it. The Lucas/Haley and the possible Nathan/Hale and the Nathan/Peyton friendship and the Brooke/Peyton friendship and it was just all so goood!

I'll be back later, when I'm sane.

(Avi by carolinarain)
Angelic pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseylyn00
LP-- Okay, Mark. I see what you're doin'. Hinting at a revisit to the dreaded triangle? Ugh. All I got to say is, if you're going back to LP, just hurry up and do it, so I can stop watching.
Kels,ITA.If their gonna revisit LP then please,get it over with.So the BLers can stop watching so we dont have to get screwed like we did in S1.

always

-sandra- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:16 PM
New Fan

End Song

Does anyone know what the song they played at the end of the episode was? It was so pretty! <3

and i only caught the last 10 minutes of the finale but damn.
All I have to say is...Nathan and Haylie = love forever. (And I think Nathan killed Dan.)
GrecoRomanEmpirelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside
Yeah, who is Peyton's stalker?
I think Peyton's stalker has something to do with her carelessness with using her webcam and never locking her door, etc. It could really be anyone, probably someone we don't know.

I really really hoped it would be her dad at the door. But I knew that would've been too good to be true.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Loyal Fan

just a quick "pop-in"

I didn't hate it- and I was shocked I didn't hate it. There are so many things that are unaswered, and different ways they could be answered. I thought it was written beautifuly- great job Mark.

So, when Andy said it was his company that installed the video camera, I literally jumped off the couch & started pumping my fist in the air like Arsenio Hall!! LOL!!!!!

Then, when Dan got the note & whiskey, I seriously thought that it was from Andy. I was like, OMG- I've been so focused on Dan hiring Jules & Chris, that I didn't even speculate Andy!! Lol, then I got a good kick in the face when he started choking, lol.
Which brings me to........ the attempted murder: DUN, DUN, DUN......... my money is on: KEITH. Heck, it could even be Jules- but I'm going with Keith. They want you to think it was Deb or Nathan or Andy or Whitey. Yeah, I got my money or Keith.

And seriously, I did not expect to see Haley at the door when Nathan opened it, I was like, OMFG!!! lol, I had the WTF face going on. I really think Deb might have had something to do with bringing her back. I don't think she was jealous, i think Deb sees how much he needs her and how good of a family the 3 could be.

And what the heck w/ Peyton and her mom?!?? I sooo did not see that coming. And who the heck is the stalker?!?!?

Great job Mark- I loved the way it was written and the song choices you used
Edited to ad: I will not be happy with an N/P pairing again. Sorry- lol. But I see those hints.................
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
BBallinGurl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

i didnt get a chance to read all that responses on tonights epi so i dk if this was sed, but its very possible that Mark didnt even figure out who drugged and set fire to Dan...I mean he can go sooo many ways with that maybe he doesn't even know where he wants to go yet.

Buy Bethany Joy Lenz CRAZY GIRLS Bracelets!!!!
MichBot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread