Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually loved the ending and I was beginning to wonder.

Did anyone notice the way Deb was looking down at Nathan and Haley?

Dan...so many choices.

I don't get the scenes between Peyton and Nathan AT ALL.

Okay...I am convinced to check out the beginning of season 3 and hopefully MS will reunite Nathan and Haley! Atlease, there is hope.
anease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:34 PM
New Fan

omiiiig this episode was amazing! it was soo good i knew haley would come back i knew it! and holly
***** who killed dan?!?! im thinking it was andy or keith ... it wasnt deb... i dont think ughhh i cant wait for the 3rd season
ash12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Dan might not be dead ... I mean, he was a regular.

First Caleb, now Dan. I sense a trend.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dreamer
I must have watched a different show than most of you did because I found nothing resolved from the season, and nothing that piques my interest for next season. Very disappointed. I'm not trying to be mean about it, I truly was very disappointed.

I also agree. Although the cliffhangers were very captivating, the storyline has drifted from its originality. I feel that this show is becoming more alike a soap opera than a weekly drama. The forced storyline with peyton's mom suddenly appearing is not welcomed in my books. The attempted murder of dan is a great cliffhanger, but again, it contributes to the entire soap opera feeling. I will continue to watch this show next season, but I really do hope that it will lean closer to reality so people may be able to relate to it. I dont think that the only way to increase the drama is by adding so many forced plotlines into the overall story. Dont get me wrong, i think the writers have been doing a wonderful job, but they may be getting a bit carried away.
iPod23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

i know I watch alias so i've learned with tv anything could happen lol but they did say someone wasn't coming back..we'll just have to wait and see.
Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside
Dan might not be dead ... I mean, he was a regular.

First Caleb, now Dan. I sense a trend.
Dont get me started on the comparisson.....

Do you think that MS or other writers have already started on season 3 scripts?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

i dk what to think, yeah in a way i dont want dan to die, b/c he's the villian but i'm so lost i dk who to think did this dan, i'm with jennifer on some of the ppl she thinks did it like...deb, kinda creeped me out at the very end, andy-in which is nowhere to be seen unless something bad happenend to him, whitey--b/c of the confontation at the school, and yes even jules it would be a great way to bring her in, i'm so i dk what to think...my friend and i decided we are going to rewatch the eppy again cuz i taped it and we'r egonna be detectives and take down notes haha
Old 05-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't watch the O.C. so I can't comment.

I agree that a lot wasn't resolved, and that kind of upset me in a way, but it worked really well with the episode. I think maybe that that was kind of the point. Last year's finale was completely perfect, not just in the sense of the show, but that there was sort of closure on all of the characters' parts, complete with the circular closing of the quote about the ravens. This year the theme seemed to be reflecting back on the year and realizing that you may have lost yourself somewhere along the way, that perfect may not be what you should be striving for. And you're trying to find yourself again, but it doesn't happen that quickly. Life is still a mess, you still have other obstacles ahead of yourself and you have to deal with them even though you're not over the past yet. That's just what I personally got from it. I think a lot of people lose themselves in high school, everybody for different reasons, which is what I think they were trying to show with all of the characters' different reactions to the same quote. I don't know. I kind of like how nothing was resolved.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Hell ... I love the Soap Opera OTH! I hope S3 is just as outlandish and absurd as this season.

kenny | credit
Old 05-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

lol good idea. I'm going to be watching it all summer as i'm sure everyone else so we'll figure it out.
Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Candy
I kind of like how nothing was resolved.
Me too. Not only did it fit with the theme, but it gives me a reason to watch next year. When they tie things up ... sometimes it's like, well ... that was nice. Don't need to watch that next year. With OTH it's like ... you have to know what's gonna happen at this point.

kenny | credit
Old 05-24-2005, 07:46 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Candy
I don't watch the O.C. so I can't comment.

I agree that a lot wasn't resolved, and that kind of upset me in a way, but it worked really well with the episode. I think maybe that that was kind of the point. Last year's finale was completely perfect, not just in the sense of the show, but that there was sort of closure on all of the characters' parts, complete with the circular closing of the quote about the ravens. This year the theme seemed to be reflecting back on the year and realizing that you may have lost yourself somewhere along the way, that perfect may not be what you should be striving for. And you're trying to find yourself again, but it doesn't happen that quickly. Life is still a mess, you still have other obstacles ahead of yourself and you have to deal with them even though you're not over the past yet. That's just what I personally got from it. I think a lot of people lose themselves in high school, everybody for different reasons, which is what I think they were trying to show with all of the characters' different reactions to the same quote. I don't know. I kind of like how nothing was resolved.
I like the way you interpreted it, and it probably is the main intended message, but i do not think they did a clean enough job at that. The ending was a bit all over the place. The ends were all too loose from each other and it seems messy. Perhaps it was a bit rushed or something. Compared to last season, this one has been all over the place. I know they are supposed to be major cliffhangers, but it could still be neater.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Ok, honestly I disliked this episode. I was bored throughout it. Like hoeslty, maybe i had my expectations to high, but i expected better. I don't know. I kinda liked hte whole Jake thing (in hte sense that it kept me interested) and i thought Bryan was amazing. Ok, not to sound weird but i had a feeling that "ellie" was peyton's mother. Like on TRL when Peyton said someone from her past cmae, i thought maybe her mom didn't die. But now its like her mom but different.

Anyway, back on topic... I feel like it wasn't that interesting. Like, i kept watching the whole show hoping sometihng would grab me and pull me in harder.. but nothing really did. I thought the DAn thing was interesting.. but by then i was already long gone.

I don't know... I just feel like maybe the show dragged a little. I mean at first.. i could not figure out what was going on, and what was happening. And now looking back, it's like the stuff earlier jsut kinda seems like filler.

All in all, i was just disappointed... but i will still remain loyal and faithful in next season!
XtremeChiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't even know what to say. I mean, are there even words? Clearly there are since I'm about to go off.

BL - I was pretty much hating on Lucas when it came to how he was dealing with Brooke. Letting her think he was into Peyton? If he loves Brooke so much, then why the hell did he not tell her before she started thinking he liked Peyton? I hate everything about the way he handled the situation, especially the way he just sprung his feelings on her two seconds before she left. She was understandably freaked out about the whole thing, and I HAAATE the way she's insecure and screwed up over LP - AGAIN. And I'm sure next season Lucas will be torn over the two of them, leaving Brooke to take the brunt of the triangle - AGAIN. There are no words. No words at all. I hate this triangle more than anything. If they're going to do LP, just freaking do them and stop the triangle madness. Same goes with LB.

JP - their scenes were absolutely wonderful. Great acting, great writing, definitely heartbreaking. Unfortunately, all I saw was closure. This is probably unpopular, but if they can't work out something long-term with Bryan, it's time to let Jake go. I have no desire to see his coming back and going another fifty times. I love Jake and Bryan, but if he's not going to be a regular, then I don't want him back. It's not right for Peyton to get jerked around, and if she's going to move on, she can't do it withi Jake coming back all the time.

Peyton - I hate this Mom storyline she's got going on. It's already been established that her mother is dead...I hate when writers change history. It would be nice to see Larry come back and deal with this though. If it really is her mother, the only way the story would be done right is with Larry back.

N/P - I'm getting vibes here. It's like they're trying something out, but since Nathan is firmly planted in a story with Haley, I don't know what the deal is. I personally wouldn't mind NP again, but I just wonder what they're going for in these scenes.

N/L - Nathan, don't give up your progress with Lucas over Dan!! My heart broke for Lucas at the end. I just hope that Nathan realizes what a mistake he's making. He needs Luke in his life.

L/H - loved it. Probably the highlight of the first episode for me. The show just seems right when they have scenes together. I just adore Chad and Joie in scenes together. They have fantastic friend chemistry, and I get why they're best friends. All in all, incredible stuff from them. I just love the LH.

Dan - I think it was Deb who poisoned him and Jules who came to finish of the job. It would be way too obvious for it to be Andy. Dan's just getting more and more evil as the episodes go on. And there's so much hotness between him and Karen...they just need to get. it. on.

Deb/Nathan - I'm not feeling this insta relationship they've got going on. It feels extremely contrived.

Good two episodes, and I'm looking forward to the fall. I just hope that the dreaded triangle does not make an encore return next season.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside

.... and OTH became Melrose Place. Has anyone else noticed this / and has enjoyed it? I have loved this season, and I love the over-the-top outlandishness of the show.
Oh, I've definitely noticed it, I just don't like it. I MUCH prefer season 1 over this season. I miss the HEART that season 1 had. It feels like it's gone now. If it continues to be more Melrose Place style, I won't be watching. I didn't start watching this show for over the top soap opera plots and a who killed JR type ending. Sorry, just not my cup of tea. Not when I've seen how good it could be last season.
Sunset Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread