Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2017, 01:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Yeah, it's just so childish of them to act like who a person wants to be with/end up with, actually comes down to who's 'better'. As if Elena sat down and wrote a pros and cons list before making her decision.
They are childish people tbh. The things that come out of their mouths sometimes.....it's honestly embarrassing for people in their forties I thought age made you wiser but JP and KW have proven that's not the case
Old 03-12-2017, 05:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Bonnie made it out alive And she got to live a full, happy life?

Stefan and SC got screwed over. He died propping up Damon and DE. I cringed when he said that Damon was the right man and the better man I guess it's romantic that Caroline will love him forever but forever is a very long time when you are a vampire. The KC hint... At least Stefan got to be reunited with Lexi and Damon.

I liked Elena's version of heaven with her mom, dad, John and Jenna and the SE scene. I understand the writers had to move past them but those two always had the romantic chemistry.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Kat: (View Post)
JP tried to shift the blame to Nina not being able to return for more than an episode. No one is disputing Stelena ending romantically from seasons ago. However, that romance was the core of the show and that relationship goes far deeper than that.

What would have been realistic was a proper build-up. Regardless of who she ended up with. That her ending up with Damon didn't negate her love for Stefan. I think it would have been more realistic for her to realize that she was in love with both of them (despite what each fanbase chooses to believe, I believe she loved them both) and that DE could be something beautiful and rise out of a shared love for Stefan. The fact that Stefan had to die for DE to be an applicable endgame is ridiculous. Both brothers were equally to blame for deaths and both had to atone for their sins.

What is realistic with this show is that Stefan is once again the better brother because he is willing to sacrifice everything for everyone. Damon seems to only make sacrifices when prompted, or when it suits him. For Stefan to have to explain that Damon is the better man is also ridiculous. If Damon is better for Elena, shouldn't that go unsaid? Shouldn't Elena know that and why should Stefan have to explain/convince/remind Elena of that?

This show proved that above all, even though they aren't endgame, Stefan and Elena were soulmates. They understood and loved each other on a level no one else could measure. I can be at peace with that.
Yesterday I finally saw the ending and I 100% agree with this post Also its a little unfair to blame Nina for the ending of the story.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

It's what JP does though. She pushes the blame onto other people's shoulders .

I honestly don't care that much about how this all went down, but the fact that Stefan went and said Damon was the better man is a joke. Sure he came a long way by being willing to die for Stefan and the town considering at the beginning he was all about watching Stefan suffer for eternity, but that doesn't make him better. That makes him decent.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

The fact that they all died really should tell people something
Old 03-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Funny how only Caroline will live forever xD
Old 03-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawako (View Post)
Funny how only Caroline will live forever xD
Tell that to the 100 something SC fans on tumblr who think she'll suicide to be with Stefan
Old 03-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
It's what JP does though. She pushes the blame onto other people's shoulders .

I honestly don't care that much about how this all went down, but the fact that Stefan went and said Damon was the better man is a joke. Sure he came a long way by being willing to die for Stefan and the town considering at the beginning he was all about watching Stefan suffer for eternity, but that doesn't make him better. That makes him decent.
I read in another thread and I agree that Stefan saying Damon was the better man to Elena's face was just a lie and I think both Elena and Stefan knew it. Elena just doesn't care. Yes Damon was a good person before turning but Stefan as a vampire (minus riper Stefan) always tried to do good for others and help and pay for his mistakes since season 1. He has made sacrifice after sacrifice for them. To me he is the real hero of the story and he deserved better.

Both brothers were Vampires and did horrible things. Damon killed Tyler on the first episode of season 8 but I guess nobody cared about him Both of them had crimes to pay I don't understand why Damon gets to live a happy human life and Stefan gets to die. It's very sad.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon can't blame Stefan for all the things that happened after he turned. He made those choices on his own. He had the choice to be good or bad, and he chose the latter.

Not to mention.. Didn't Damon want to be a vampire anyway because he wanted to be with Katherine?
Old 03-12-2017, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Not to mention.. Didn't Damon want to be a vampire anyway because he wanted to be with Katherine?
Yes. Damon even helped Katherine kill before he was a vampire. Stefan had nothing to do with Damon and his bad choices, everything Damon ever did is on him and only him.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

People tend to forget that though. Damon only hesitated to turn because he thought Katherine was dead. Sure Stefan told him to drink, but he didn't need much convincing considering he was already on the vamp train long before.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That line should not have been there.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by live-laugh-love (View Post)
I read in another thread and I agree that Stefan saying Damon was the better man to Elena's face was just a lie and I think both Elena and Stefan knew it. Elena just doesn't care. Yes Damon was a good person before turning but Stefan as a vampire (minus riper Stefan) always tried to do good for others and help and pay for his mistakes since season 1. He has made sacrifice after sacrifice for them. To me he is the real hero of the story and he deserved better.

Both brothers were Vampires and did horrible things. Damon killed Tyler on the first episode of season 8 but I guess nobody cared about him Both of them had crimes to pay I don't understand why Damon gets to live a happy human life and Stefan gets to die. It's very sad.
See I never took the comment a better man to be about Elena. Elena and Stefan have been over for seasons and Elena knew Stefan was the "better man", but still chose to be with him. Love is about just that "love" and not who is "better". You simply can't help who you fall in love with. And Stefan, when he died was in love with Caroline and married her.

For me; I've always seen Damon's struggles because he isn't hero Stefan and has done all these wrongs, that he wasn't good enough Elena. That she was going to turn around and realise that and leave him. I saw it as a nod from Stefan that he had become someone good enough for Elena (not that I agree with the way the characters hero worshipped Elena) and it's true. Damon, by sacrificing himself and then willing sacrificing himself again for not just Stefan, but the town, was a sign he had become a better man, a hero, which the show always showed us Damon never believing he could be. He was the bad egg. He has always been my favourite growth character because of how far he's come, even if Bonnie was my favourite character. Who knew he'd end the show willing to sacrifice himself for Stefan, Elena, the town and be best friends with Bonnie, who he also over the years has gone above and beyond for. But he was never going to be the hero Stefan was. Although I'm confused; I've read an original ending of the show was both the brothers dying, in this ending Stefan died. But who was the person they changed it from, or was that in reference to 2 then 1 dying? Although kind of ironic that Caroline was the only vampire left standing. I thought if Bonnie lived they might have turned her into a vampire, but they have kind of limited the ability for Elena, Damon, Stefan,Enzo and Bonnie to go to the originals, but I guess those actors saw this as them ending their characters. Caroline and Alaric are the only ones, maybe Matt, with the ability to cross over to the Originals (I suppose Bonnie could, as New Orleans is travelling, but then she can't die due to the vampire diaries ending). And it's not like Bonnie could have travelled all her life anyway.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
People tend to forget that though. Damon only hesitated to turn because he thought Katherine was dead. Sure Stefan told him to drink, but he didn't need much convincing considering he was already on the vamp train long before.
But we have had interview after interview, reference after reference, about the fact Stefan forced Damon into being a vampire and that was why he hated him. The actors have reiterated it on many an occasion and so has the director. So surely our opinions are wrong as the actors are told the motivations etc... Maybe it didn't come across strong enough in the show,but we've been told time again that was the story and that's not really something debatable from our side. We can't rewrite the motivations and stories the show have told us they were telling, only say we didn't see evidence or it didn't come across well enough on screen or was poorly written. Same as the writing for "better man". I don't think that was talking about Elena. Why would Stefan even say that in reference to Elena when there was no choice. There was no chance Elena was going to end up with Stefan unless they killed off Damon and Caroline in the finale. And that wasn't going to happen. The ending was ALWAYS going to be Elena alone or with Damon. Especially when Stefan married Caroline. The fact of the matter was there was no triangle in the last episode and that ended some seasons ago, with no hope of re-establishing it in 1 episode. So Stefan would not after marrying Caroline that day/ day before be suggesting some choice for Elena in Damon/ Stefan. It had to be a comment about him becoming a better man or a better man worthy of Elena,not being "better than Stefan" although we could argue that human Stefan had all the emotions of murders he'd committed as a ripper and the guilt of killing enzo that probably prompted his sacrifice and made him have low self esteem in believing himself a hero/ better man given all the pain he caused. SoI don't think it strange. It is not like it was a pure man who never committed murder telling a murderer they were better. Ripper Stefan was pretty evil and had no more of an excuse than Damon in that regard.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
But we have had interview after interview, reference after reference, about the fact Stefan forced Damon into being a vampire and that was why he hated him. The actors have reiterated it on many an occasion and so has the director. So surely our opinions are wrong as the actors are told the motivations etc... Maybe it didn't come across strong enough in the show,but we've been told time again that was the story and that's not really something debatable from our side. We can't rewrite the motivations and stories the show have told us they were telling, only say we didn't see evidence or it didn't come across well enough on screen or was poorly written.
We have also been shown and told in canon that Damon's issue with Stefan was never about him convincing Damon to drink the blood and transition, but because Katherine had the nerve to turn Stefan as well It has also been shown in canon that Damon knew what Katherine was and continued to keep her in his life and not tell his father and brother what kind of monster she was. There are so many variables in play here. And again, Stefan is not to blame for any of Damon's bad/evil choices throughout his life.

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 03-15-2017 at 02:02 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread