Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2017, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

BYE BYE THREAD!!!

Old 03-15-2017, 04:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
We have also been shown and told in canon that Damon's issue with Stefan was never about him convincing Damon to drink the blood and transition, but because Katherine had the nerve to turn Stefan as well It has also been shown in canon that Damon knew what Katherine was and continued to keep her in his life and not tell his father and brother what kind of monster she was. There are so many variables in play here. And again, Stefan is not to blame for any of Damon's bad/evil choices throughout his life.
In Canon? What does that mean....it's a camera company?! I'm talking about actor interviews not indirect sources :s I never said Stefan was to blame for Damon's choices nor does that have "anything" to do with m point.

I was explaining
1) As viewers we cannot take our interpretations of we think is the story over actors categoric statements. People use the statement about perception to somehow state something as fact. Fact is the actors directions not our interpretations. Our interpretations are merely theories.
2) Damon's "choices" are nothing to do with Stefan's guilt. It's about Stefan's guiilt at turning Damon into a vampire. And the show took it full circle for Damon to be turned human again by Stefan.
3) BOTH Stefan and Damon have both done terrible things and none of the 2 can ever be claimed heros or amazing people because of that. That's ultimately what I saw Stefan's sacrifice to be about. He's spent episodes trying, as a human, to reconcile himself with all these terrible things he's done, murdered so many people. How "do" you ever come to terms with that and ever be a true hero. Stefan has always wanted to be a hero but he's never considered himself underdeserving of people. The bottom line is neither Stefan or Damon are or ever were more deserving over the other of Elena. She;s not some pure angel herself. It's about them. And for Damon; the consistency of his character has been the continual references to being someone Elena deserves. i was merely pointing out it is that that makes more sense than some triangle reference to who was the better man to "get" Elena when there was no choice. Elena did not want or consider Stefan an option on her waking so it's odd to refer to that. But this one is interpretation as neither the actor or director has come out to explain the comment.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
In Canon? What does that mean....it's a camera company?!
'Canon' kind of means 'official'. I think it originally referred to which Biblical texts were considered genuine (they became 'the Biblical canon'). Nowadays people talking about entertainment type stuff are usually referring to what can be proven to be true/is 'in the text' so to speak, and what has a lot of fan opinion.

Ah, this thread. Although I rarely come in this days, I will genuinely miss it when it's gone and I can't come listen to people moan and complain, and do the same myself... *wipes tear*

~Katie~
Old 03-15-2017, 07:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Goodbye your guys! I'll miss trash talking this show with you all and coming up with better theories than what the writers actually gave us!
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 03-15-2017, 07:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Bye all!

I won't miss this show even a little bit. I gave up end of S2.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 03-15-2017, 09:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I think Damon was definitely a better man at the end of last episode than at the beginning of season 1 for sure, but the line was "Damon is the better man", so to me it doesn't make sense bc Stefan has always tried to make up for everything he has done, he's always sacrificed his happiness for Damon's or Damon and Elena. So I think both Elena and Stefan knew its not true. But the way the show wrote DE is about Elena not caring who is the better man she loves Damon like he is.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
In Canon? What does that mean....it's a camera company?! I'm talking about actor interviews not indirect sources :s I never said Stefan was to blame for Damon's choices nor does that have "anything" to do with m point.
Canon is a term for things that actually happened on the show. It's considered factual evidence, not really open to interpretation.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Kat: (View Post)
Canon is a term for things that actually happened on the show. It's considered factual evidence, not really open to interpretation.
Ok. So the sentence was not correct anyway as we've heard it discussed the other way on the show. It would not matter anyway. I think this thread does highlight a need for some rule changes though. Spoiler threads should be for spoilers and not for trashing shows. I enjoyed vampire diaries and am sad it has ended, but the fact I have been messaged by people saying they don't come on this thread due to the trash talk is worrying and they have referenced other threads this happens with. And it ruins it for people who want to have genune talk of spoilers and their questions get lost through pages of trash talk. That should be for a different forum. And it's going on in the originals thread where again the genuine fans are stopping to post. What gets achieved by it. Shows don't get cancelled due to half a dozen fans in fan forum so why allow it to go on in threads. As many mention, why do fans want to follow spoiler threads and spend so much time posting about a show they don't like without intent being to antagonise fans. And I would have thought that not permissable through forum rules.

Anyway, hopefully we'll see Caroline on the originals and will continue to enjoy that show.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

^ This thread (considering the show is over) is just for those to post their last thoughts, whatever they may be. And as I said in the originals thread no one can control the tone of someone's post, but as long as there's no animosity toward posters or bashing of real life people it's all fair to discuss. You will find some people happy and some negative about the shows. If you feel someone is breaking the fanforum guidelines please contact a moderator about said post and do not police posters yourself. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
Bye all! I won't miss this show even a little bit. I gave up end of S2.
Same dude. The show was strong in the first 3 seasons in regards to characters and story development and it just lost it's way. It's sad because honestly I feel nothing with the end of this show.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

I drifted away from the show over the years, but I did check in for the series finale.

I was mostly satisfied. I wouldn't call it a great series finale nor did it really inspire much emotion in me since I've been too long away from the show, but I thought, given how rushed it seemed to be, it ended on a solid note. The callbacks to the pilot were especially well done.

I've been a DE fan since like, the 3rd episode of the very first season, and I expected Elena to either end up alone (with maybe both brothers dying or leaving), or for her to end up with Damon.

I'm glad that Bonnie lived and got to live her life. I'd expected her to be one of the ones to die early, so I was glad they gave her that, at least.

I kinda like that Caroline was the last vampire standing. And as a Klaroline fan, that letter was good enough for me as a reminder that there's still something between them and they have forever.

The Damon/Stefan scenes were touching. Seeing Lexi with Stefan in the afterlife was great. I loved Lexi. Elena's family reunion was great, too. But Jeremy was too blink and you'll miss him.

My only true complaint is the lack of Damon/Alaric scenes. They had one of my favorite friendships in the show and I don't think their friendship was treated as well as it should've been.

~Kat

Last edited by TheCheshireKitten; 03-15-2017 at 07:59 PM
Old 03-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

They definitely neglected the Damon/Alaric relationship this season. There was a big strain between them which I found odd (not sure if something happened last season to cause it since I didn't watch) since he was Alaric's best man at his wedding not too long ago.

I was happy about Bonnie too. If anyone was going to die I was happy it wasn't her since she definitely did her fair share of it.

I think the only part I had no real issue with was the Stefan and Lexi scene. It makes sense to me that Stefan's ideal afterlife would be with his best friend.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I feel like maybe Alaric/Damon got lost to Damon/Stefan, IMO. This show was never that good at balancing multiple friendships and close relationships (Caroline/Bonnie/Elena suffered from this, too). Alaric was one of Damon's first real friends, and I don't like seeing that underplayed.

Yeah, for a character seen so little over the show, I loved Lexi and her friendship with Stefan; it always felt very real to me. I'll give them credit there for sure.

I didn't like seeing Stefan die, but that scene made up for it some. He was so happy to see her again, standing by the car.

~Kat
Old 03-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Alaric/Damon lost out to Damon/Stefan. I think they started phasing out Alaric as Damon's best friend because they had Bonnie starting to fill that role. I think the only reason we got so much Damon/Stefan in the last couple of seasons is purely because Elena wasn't there
Old 03-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

That could be true, with Bonnie. I figure, though, they always wanted to resolve Damon and Stefan's relationship and bring them close by the end of the series, regardless of Elena or Alaric or anybody.

I just think the show could've done better at balancing multiple relationships.

~Kat
Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

This show can't balance multiple relationships/friendships.

Delena can't exist with Stelena.
Bamon can't exist with Delena.
Daomon/Alaric can't exist with Bamon or Defan.
Defan can't exist with Stelena/Delena.

One always has to be sacrificed for the other. This show is extremely problematic when it comes to portraying this aspect.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread