Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
NO and YES

I agree that Luke only let Lorelia in as a last option but once there he asked her to stay and the rest can go a number of ways depending where you stand on it.

ITA that C&L were over before this season,
It was over in season one when she said NO to the proposal.
It was over when she was rejected in the diner in season 2.
It was over when Chris left her to be with Sherri.
It was over in season 3 when Chris was off with his new family.
It was over in season 5 when she told Chris to go away!

When the frakkin hell will this all end! It will be over after they marry then divorce?

Thats the FRICKIN problem, it will never end. Luke was right, he will always be in her and Rory's life.

And that sucks, but that's how Chris wants it.

Of all the people, the people that care for her, Sookie etc. she ran straight to his arms. Because she was having a crappy day. But did anyone realise she was actually happy when she saw Chris during that Partings Friday night dinner? She knew it was going to end, and she made it end fast. So she could get her squicky. And how many bootie calls later will she find out, that she needs more therapy?

She is stuck to him in a wierd way, and its not normal. Its like a stupid addiction, might as well be doing drugs. She's dependent on him, and it may have stopped in season 5, but its back to bite us in our arses.

Chris= BAD Addiction
Addiction=hard to break

He is not going to just go away. She has to force herself, but the easy way out of a good adiction, Luke(who she's going to have to work for)...is Christopher. She doesn't want to work to repair her current relationship that has so much potential, so she just takes the next best thing...HIM.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe I should have said "Should have been over", but the same thing applies, there are all these times when she should have moved on 100% and it was looking that was with Luke but they grew apart through a lack of communication!

Old 09-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hmmm. I think my 5 boxes are dustier than yours, lol. I’m not getting season 6. But for those who are buying but not watching – why not at least wait until Target discounts it to $18 or $19. Usually happens about six months after release.
I ordered these a long time ago... back when I was still optimistic... plus, they're kind of a gift, none of my money was spent in the purchasing of this crap pile of a season.

CL could have been done numerous times, most of which Craig mentioned. But ASP always chose to reopen that book and continue it on. I just hope after all of this crap is done that CL can finally be done, nothing to happen there again. Its not like I'd want Chris to never come back, I like the guy. I like him talking to Lorelai, i'd actually like to see him at Rory's graduation. But CL need to learn from this all that they can never have something. And they need to learn it once and for all, so that the next time Chris comes by, there isn't that temptation... but even if DR says they're done, and we get an 8th, we know there will be more LLC drama in any hypothetical season 8.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Addicted Fan

From what I understand, that bonfire in the middle of town square in ep 7.05 was for the mass burning of GG DVD Sets 1-6. Didn't you guys get the email?

avi by go clo
Old 09-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella (View Post)
Give it up peach. Obviously fictional people are blessed with more feelings than real ones.

Also, I'm not hip with the lingo, but I thought a skank was a Woman of Questionable Morals?

Personally I like Old Flannel Dude or Filthy Diner Owner as pet names for Luke.
Oh, I gave it up a loooong time ago......

I'm good with filthy diner owner,too but it seems a little long. We can just call him Filth!

ETA:
Quote:
From what I understand, that bonfire in the middle of town square in ep 7.05 was for the mass burning of GG DVD Sets 1-6. Didn't you guys get the email?
I can see your getting revved up again. Too damn funny!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Loyal Fan

hahahahhaha, ciaobella thanks for the laugh.

Okay, for me the same thing applies as last week: I won't be around when the podcast comes up, I'll transcribe it, but it'll probably next friday before I post it. And next weeks podcast will be posted around the tuesday after publishing. Sorry to keep you guys waiting, but school's important and I need to work this weekend, which means I won't be home (which means I have no or very little internet access)
Old 09-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachypeep (View Post)
I'm good with filthy diner owner,too but it seems a little long. We can just call him Filth!

ETA:

I can see your getting revved up again. Too damn funny!
"Filthy" works for me too . So many meanings....

avi by go clo
Old 09-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella (View Post)
LOL where do I send then, Taylor at Stars Hollow?

So the lesson kids is neglect you responsibilities for 22 years, wait for a relative to dies, inherit lots of money, sleep with an emotionally disturbed woman to win her back. The price for all this a black eye (maybe) and the loss of all respect from us the viewers.

Okay I'm out for a while

Old 09-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned

(Drinks a Pepsi) "Awwwwwwwww...breathing! It's fantastic!"

Caf, why would I want to wait til Black Friday when they go on sale? It's a sign of support, at least it is for me. Plus, I will use Black Friday to get season 2 of VM and season 5 of Smallville. You have to pick and choose your DVD PURCHASIN battles.

That aside, the whole Experiment in Futility, is so one-dimensional in it's thinking. The whole point of that ref is related to a spoiler but not to the point of it happening on the show. Do we all not want the characters to be better off? Season seven seems to be about making them better seperate. So together they no longer suck. Labelling it the EIF ignores the journey all together, but folks love ignoring the journey on this show. Oy.

Finally, I loved one woman...alot. Yet, I am not supposed, to go on with my life? There's being literal and then there's being WAY TOO LITERAL in one's interpretation of a statement. I think JJs, in general, take things to literally and miss the nausance because of their passion.

ETA: Actually, they used that bonfire to burn all the hopes and dreams of Luke and Lorelai fans. Afterwards, Scott and Lauren took turns pissing on the fire to put it out. If you want to mock something I love. I take it as a personal offense, and off come the gloves. ETA II: For some reason, I think lighting something on fire than peeing on it to put it out...is funny and bad ass sounding/reading at the same time. While, again, I hate something I love getting bagged on. The thought of Scott and Lauren peeing on hopes and dreams makes me laugh to the point of an asthma attack. I apologize for my rudeful behaviour...but it's damn funny!

Last edited by TheJSW; 09-20-2006 at 03:44 PM
Old 09-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

The thing has to happen no doubt only way these idiots are going to move anywhere otherwise they'll just keep returning.

Ofcourse i am banking on season 8, which at the moment has a 50/50 chance of happening. So yeah agree whole thing has to happend from them to get over their addiction but i want a good payout after this which as i said has a 50/50 chance of happening.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSW
Bootie, bull****. Luke would have let her in months earlier. If he was not under the false assumption or the self-induced assumption, that Lorelai agreed with what he was doing.
You know, I used to think that - I always gave Luke the benefit of the doubt, figuring he couldn't see what he was doing to Lorelai, and I wished Lorelai would just speak up. However, that all stopped in the street that day, when Luke told Lorelai exactly why he wouldn't let her see April. He wasn't clueless, he was doing it deliberately, and convinced me it wouldn't have mattered how often Lorelai had spoken up - she would've just heard it a lot sooner. I've never laid the blame for this mess on just one person, I've always said they're both to blame - but I disagree that Luke would've let Lorelai in.

Luke was scared? Lorelai was scared of pushing, and she had reason to be based on past problems, but Luke was paranoid and there was no basis for it. That kind of fear isn't something to be reasoned with because it's irrational.

Last edited by Bootie; 09-20-2006 at 03:34 PM
Old 09-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Banned

Bootie, how is Lorelai's fear NOT irrational? Her mother and her daughter both call her out on her inability or refusal to call Luke out on his ****. She knew they were right. Her facial expressions in those scenes stated as much. Yet, Lorelai, refused to budge one bit, and BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! Again, Luke was SCARED for reasons intrinsic to the character. Yet, Lorelai gets a pass, but Luke does not?

That aside, the part of the post that I thought you would respond too, was my spec about April giving Lorelai reasons to bail in JLG&G. I am starting to think the path of least resistance happened because Lorelai was afraid of what APRIL would mean in relation to their relationship. This could tie back into the whole "LORELAI NEEDS ALL THE ATTENTION" spec a lot of people have, but for me this is not the case. At some point, April's existance, became an OUT for Lorelai. It was less about wanting IN and more about wanting OUT. She does not listen to Gavin DeGraw and does not heed his advice about following through.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I also hope for a Season eight, though the lack of AB appearance is a little disturbing…

I don't care how long exactly it takes for LL/C to overcome all the **** that happened to them, as long as they solve some of their issues.

No R/L spoilers, well as a lot people said before no news are good news.

But I would like some new spoilers for E/R, what exactly Richard's health problems mean and when they are gonna to happen.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

Sandra, the lack of KAB appearances, probably has to do with KEEPING HER HAPPY. If you are shy and not all about those things, and the network is desperate to resign you. I would think not having to go to these parties and such and doing silly photoshoots. Would all tie-in to the KEEPING YOU HAPPY part of the deal for another season.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, you eased my mind Jason, and that makes me happy.