View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 03:39 PM
TheJSW
Banned

Bootie, how is Lorelai's fear NOT irrational? Her mother and her daughter both call her out on her inability or refusal to call Luke out on his ****. She knew they were right. Her facial expressions in those scenes stated as much. Yet, Lorelai, refused to budge one bit, and BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! Again, Luke was SCARED for reasons intrinsic to the character. Yet, Lorelai gets a pass, but Luke does not?

That aside, the part of the post that I thought you would respond too, was my spec about April giving Lorelai reasons to bail in JLG&G. I am starting to think the path of least resistance happened because Lorelai was afraid of what APRIL would mean in relation to their relationship. This could tie back into the whole "LORELAI NEEDS ALL THE ATTENTION" spec a lot of people have, but for me this is not the case. At some point, April's existance, became an OUT for Lorelai. It was less about wanting IN and more about wanting OUT. She does not listen to Gavin DeGraw and does not heed his advice about following through.