View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Bootie
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSW
Bootie, bull****. Luke would have let her in months earlier. If he was not under the false assumption or the self-induced assumption, that Lorelai agreed with what he was doing.
You know, I used to think that - I always gave Luke the benefit of the doubt, figuring he couldn't see what he was doing to Lorelai, and I wished Lorelai would just speak up. However, that all stopped in the street that day, when Luke told Lorelai exactly why he wouldn't let her see April. He wasn't clueless, he was doing it deliberately, and convinced me it wouldn't have mattered how often Lorelai had spoken up - she would've just heard it a lot sooner. I've never laid the blame for this mess on just one person, I've always said they're both to blame - but I disagree that Luke would've let Lorelai in.

Luke was scared? Lorelai was scared of pushing, and she had reason to be based on past problems, but Luke was paranoid and there was no basis for it. That kind of fear isn't something to be reasoned with because it's irrational.

Last edited by Bootie; 09-20-2006 at 03:34 PM