Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
Hon save the energy and your knees
I dont think it'll come this far

kay sweets.. I have to do some packing here. you'll answer the stuff thats addressed to me.

Quote:
So you're saying you KNOW this spoiler is correct, and the ones I listed the spoiler sources didn't know that? I'm sure they KNEW theirs were correct. I got ripped into earlier in the season for questioning one. Because the person giving it KNEW it was correct and I was wrong. I turned out to be right, with no source, just my own logic to guide me. Every spoiler given out is thought to be correct by the person giving it out at the time. Certainly the ones that have been confirmed. They aren't given out with a warning label of "only 80% chance of being correct" attached to them.

maybe i should have stayed in bed today.

Last edited by little_earthquake; 01-19-2007 at 04:41 PM
Old 01-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Another one I just thought of is that the L/C ship wouldn't last till/past Christmas/hiatus, also wrong.
Actually that one wasn't wrong. It was a misunderstanding. The relationship was going to be done by the filming hiatus (not the actual airing hiatus). The filming hiatus started just before Christmas and according to spoilers the relationship is toast by Episode 13 which is the last episode they filmed before the filming hiatus. Not technically wrong, a mixup but not wrong.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Ashley (View Post)
She also says this to Luke in A House is Not a Home, if I remember correctly.
She says something like "she is supposed to have more than me; she is supposed to have everything".
Old 01-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Addicted Fan

The whole spoiler thing is obviously a touchy subject in here. If you don't think it's right, you are lambasted, or if you do think it's right, you're lambasted. The thing is that it is very possible for everything to be wrong and unless you are watching the episodes yourself or you are getting the info from DR himself, then there is the possibility for foilers. It happens, but it's not the fault of the person posting them here. They are just sharing the "info" they are given. After last season, I'm happy for any spoilers people share, but I'm not going to be surprised if they turn out to be foilers.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_earthquake (View Post)
I dont think it'll come this far

kay sweets.. I have to do some packing here. you'll answer the stuff thats addressed to me.

maybe i should have stayed in bed today.
Stayed in bed ??!! Are you crazy - yes you are I know but hey sharing the good stuff is always worth leaving the bed

Considering dopey's behavior this season he won't let Lorelai go. His precious
Old 01-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

There's a picture of Rory/Lorelai/Emily in 7.13 posted over at FanBolt by Jet.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonana (View Post)
I believe the spoiler, but I was hoping that it would be a mutual decision by both of them. I don't like L/C, and never liked how Chris treated Rory over the years, however, I wanted to see Chris do some growing also. I wanted to see Lorelai maturing (or returning to the maturity she once had), and I also wanted to see it in Chris.

I was hoping to see Chris learn from this experience also, and go on to a better life. I suppose it could still happen, even though Lorelai does end the marriage. We could have later episodes showing his realization of where things have gone wrong in his life.
I hope that happens too, and no one is saying it won't. It really has to if this whole Lorelai/Christopher Closure business blah blah blah is going to stick.

BUT Lorelai is the first to say It's Over. I hope Chris follows that up with an I Agree soon after that.

ETA: Emily Gilmore in sweat pants? Sweatpants?

avi by go clo
Old 01-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't understand why all the discussion about who wiil have , deserve or whatever, the whole package.

I don't think that neither Lorelai nor Rory are ready to get married this season, because they both are emotionally inmature.

I have to recognize that Rory has gone from 0 to something this season since she is improving her comunication with Logan, while Lorelai has gone from something to 0 after sleeping with Chris.

But this doesn't means they will end the season alone, Rory can end the season giving another step in her carrer (a degrre or a job) and still be with Logan; and Lorelai can be trying to reconstruct her romantic relationship with Luke, because she needs to show she has grown up and is ready to get married, something that we haven't seen yet.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyhead (View Post)
The thread title intrigues me because it is so rare that we see Rory/Lorelai having any serious discussions. Could someone please explain the meaning of the title and how it relates to any new spoilers? I'm just very curious.
It doesn't relate to any new spoilers. It's a quote that Lorelai said a year and a half ago. She said it to Luke, not to Rory, in episode 5.22, "A House Is Not a Home".

eta: Or, as gilmorebrazil and Tara Ashley said. It's right before Lorelai asks Luke to marry her:

Quote:
(Diner)

LORELAI: Rory dropped out of Yale.

LUKE: What?

LORELAI: She dropped out of Yale and she moved in with my parents, who I went to for help, and they stabbed me in the back. Everything we worked for. All these years. Her whole future. She was supposed to have more than me. She was supposed to have everything. That was the plan. We had a plan.

LUKE: Okay, I’m sorry. I have to jump in here. Uh, I know you think you have this thing handled, but I can help. First off, we call Yale and we tell them something like, uh, Rory had a chemical imbalance and she was mentally out of her mind when she told them she was dropping out. And then we get her out of your parents house whatever way we can. We lock her up in her room with you, because you can talk anybody into anything. And if worse comes to worst, we will drive her to school every day and we will follow her to class and camp out there to make sure she goes. I’ll take morning classes, you take afternoon classes, or the other way around, if it works out better for your schedule. And I know there’s a few kinks to work out, the kidnapping thing might be a little problematic but either way, she is not quitting school. This was her dream. I am not going to let this happen.
Sorry, curlyhead, it's not new at all. And nostalgia isn't what it used to be. Heh.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.

Last edited by caf123; 01-19-2007 at 05:37 PM
Old 01-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella (View Post)
ETA: Emily Gilmore in sweat pants?
Sweatpants?
I had the same thought, lol.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfriend
I can't understand why all the discussion about who wiil have , deserve or whatever, the whole package.

I don't think that neither Lorelai nor Rory are ready to get married this season, because they both are emotionally inmature.

I have to recognize that Rory has gone from 0 to something this season since she is improving her comunication with Logan, while Lorelai has gone from something to 0 after sleeping with Chris.

But this doesn't means they will end the season alone, Rory can end the season giving another step in her carrer (a degrre or a job) and still be with Logan; and Lorelai can be trying to reconstruct her romantic relationship with Luke, because she needs to show she has grown up and is ready to get married, something that we haven't seen yet.
I agree. The whole argument doesn't make sense, but apparently there is a consensus that if one Gilmore Girl is happy the other one isn't allowed to be. I think what you said makes a lot of sense. I could go for that.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was just as shocked as you are. Emily Gilmore in sweatpants? I wasn't expecting that.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I hope that happens too, and no one is saying it won't. It really has to if this whole Lorelai/Christopher Closure business blah blah blah is going to stick.

BUT Lorelai is the first to say It's Over. I hope Chris follows that up with an I Agree soon after that.

Emily in sweats She owns sweats

Chris agreeing righ away I wouldn't count on that one and since we know DS got more eps.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiekate (View Post)
Actually that one wasn't wrong. It was a misunderstanding. The relationship was going to be done by the filming hiatus (not the actual airing hiatus). The filming hiatus started just before Christmas and according to spoilers the relationship is toast by Episode 13 which is the last episode they filmed before the filming hiatus. Not technically wrong, a mixup but not wrong.
Gotta love those loop holes

...and we know the Lorelai thinks it's over by the end of 13.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sorry for the double post - why did the thread stop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiegg108 (View Post)
There's a picture of Rory/Lorelai/Emily in 7.13 posted over at FanBolt by Jet.
Thank you, now where is the one of L&L hugging?

ETA - Thanks to Jim, Fraz and The CW

Last edited by lancer1993; 01-19-2007 at 05:45 PM
Old 01-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Why is it contradictory ? How does whining call for a storyline ? Whining is a storyline for you ? Logan is not here, Logan is working all the time, Logan has a female co-worker, Logan goes to dinner with me and brings his co-workers, I don't know what to do with my life. Marty doesn't want me to tell my new friends we know each other. Logan please don't tell her. She doesn't do anything else, she is in the background like you said so therefore has no real storyline and it's boring in my books. I watch it and that's it. I don't get attached to it or care about it.
Quote:
Did I say that? There's nothing wrong with being disappointed and letting it show, but punishing someone and being whiny and petulant about it is something else completely. What was Rory's legitimate concern there? Certainly not that she was afraid her mom had rushed into the marriage without thinking it through -- I would've preferred that, and I said so at the time. Instead she doles out a guilt trip, gives her mom the silent treatment, and whines because she went off and got married without her. I keep hearing that Lorelai needs to grow up -- well to me, Rory acted more like an adult at 16 than she does now.
What's really amusing is that all of a sudden Rory "whining all the time and how everyone dislikes it" is a big topic. Roush, someone who it seems from his responses doesn't watch the show very closely, mentions it in relation to what? -- I don't know, since he doesn't say -- and now it's the Rory complaint du jour.

Quote:
So I have to go through threads reading about how people call Luke a violent, uneducated and just a diner owner who is not social enough for some standards in here, dirty/filthy and not well dressed enough for again some standards in here but when I say I find Rory whiny I better shut up. Let me think about that for second - I don't think so but hey I get it. I'm a JJ and Luke supporter. He is not supposed to have a storyline or any screen time on this show this season anyway so how dare I say something against Rory.
Well, Rory *is* one of the title characters and everyone concedes that she has not had a storyline worth a damn this season, so it's natural that viewers would look to other characters, who are not of Rory's importance, and suggest that too much attention is being given to them at the expense of someone who is a co-star and a title character.

Quote:
On Gilmore's creative direction this season, she concedes that "the first half of the season was a little rocky. [Dave Rosenthal] was painted into a storyline corner [from last season]. i think the second half of the season will be a lot stronger."

Quote:
MMmmhhh I wonder why
Because maybe Rory and Logan are finally getting a story line.

Quote:
Leave Caf alone ok. Either just thank her for opening the thread or don't mention it at all. She is doing a nice job here for all of us especially if FF has PMS.
Quote:
You are all amazing to do this for us! But honestly, caf, you have been doing it so much lately that you deserve an extra pat on the back.
I personally don't want to start any threads and I don't care who does it. But, there are other people who would like to start threads. Maybe we should let more people do it, so that the same people won't be imposed upon all the time.

Quote:
lemon tart, I guess we can agree to disagree on the Max thing. Because I stand behind Lorelai didn't marry him because she knew she didn't love him. And I still think (and hope) that's how CL will end as well.
Because she doesn't love him? That I don't agree with. She's certainly said it more than enough times to make me believe that she does love him.

Quote:
So, in essence, she gets off easy. But if Lorelai is the one to end it, it means she came to terms with her emotions and decisions and will be forced to face the consequences.
She ended her relationship with Max, with Jason, with Luke.... Despite that, she never seems to get smarter. Maybe somebody finally walking out on her will make her wake up about what *she's* doing wrong, not what all these men are doing that isn't satisfying her.

Quote:
The thread title intrigues me because it is so rare that we see Rory/Lorelai having any serious discussions. Could someone please explain the meaning of the title and how it relates to any new spoilers? I'm just very curious.
It just refers to the neverending debate between the people who feel that Rory should be allowed to be just as happy in her romantic and professional life at the end of the series as Lorelai is and the people who feel that the last image we have of Rory should be as someone alone who only has (we hope) a successful professional life. That we should forever leave Rory's romantic life (let alone her professional life) up to the imagination, but not Lorelai's. The latter must be spelled out in minute detail, down to how many children, names of children, where they'll live, how they'll interact, etc.